#621 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:00 AM

View PostSawk, on 15 November 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

hmm ok Martian
i will answer about the chasing me only part, well the first thing is they tell me after the match, and no its not only KIDS because they know Sawk as pokoman, yes i trained the guy in mech 2 NETMECH, that ask to use MY NAME, in has job, of course i said yes.

The last info regarding the Matchmaker that I have says that it works +/- 2 Tiers. So you should not see Tier 1 players in your games, unless the game-wide number of players is so low that the Matchmaker opens all valves to assemble a game.

the second part is if your playing, you will know you have been targeted, mostly if there lights, hit and find you, and then, even in with other mechs around, your being fired at, its only been happening the last week or so, and yes i am noticing name i know in the passing of years.

If it is really true, well ...

There is nothing in the rules forbidding that. You are free to target any opposing 'Mech and of course the enemy players are free to do the same. Show them that you are not an easy kill.

the third answer is real clear they have no idea who i am--- just a timberwolf shooting at 800 yards, trying to zoom and get head shots, and some says that timberwolf needs to die, oh and i would say no one ever notices titles, i wearing Star captain, i have put on shredder, about the only one i do not have is headhunter, and i working on that, next year maybe LOL. yes i am over the first 10
I do understand what tier level is, i also know what titles are.

Keep playing and I am sure that you will earn any in-game title that you desire.

anyway i am waiting longer for matchs, but i would not complain about that, so someone is making adjustments some were, if only i had not played the first week after the PSR Reset, and math ALGO, a may of avoided being stuck.
well i hope some starts to be stable soon, i do ok with being a good shot and get those 300 plus match scores, and then its like what just happened, ok 10% is me being stupid, just tell them to stop moving the bar.

Sawk

There is always some possibility of PGI fine-tuning both the matchmaker itself and the in-game actions that influence your Match Score (and PSR).

Edited by martian, 16 November 2020 - 08:01 AM.

#622 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:38 AM

This is not working, sorry. Rethink and go back to the old system.

#623 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:28 PM

I just want to add everyone is fighting everyone now, tier 1 are farming cadets.. If this keeps up the game will be dead because new customers wont stay long enough to buy anything..

Cadets should vs Cadets
Tier 4 & 5 should fight
Tiers 1,2,3 should fight.

Edited by Samial, 05 January 2021 - 04:29 PM.

#624 Zulu211

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 02:57 AM

I just want to to make sense to the average person.

I did second lost damage on my team mid 400’s. Got one of the two kills on my team and my PSR went down.

4 people on my team did less than 100 damage each and 6 people did under 200. Somehow I was penalized for this.

#625 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:00 AM

View PostSamial, on 05 January 2021 - 04:28 PM, said:

I just want to add everyone is fighting everyone now, tier 1 are farming cadets.. If this keeps up the game will be dead because new customers wont stay long enough to buy anything..

Cadets should vs Cadets
Tier 4 & 5 should fight
Tiers 1,2,3 should fight.

This is no longer happening. Cadets were moved back into Tier 5. Tier 1 can only match up with tiers 3, 2 and 1. Tier 5 can only match up with 5, 4 and 3.

Would probably be better if they tightened the valves one notch and it was 5 and 4, then 4, 3 and 2 then 2 and 1.

View PostZulu211, on 06 January 2021 - 02:57 AM, said:

I just want to to make sense to the average person.

I did second lost damage on my team mid 400’s. Got one of the two kills on my team and my PSR went down.

4 people on my team did less than 100 damage each and 6 people did under 200. Somehow I was penalized for this.

Either you lost to an overwhelming enemy team, or you did team damage that negates large chunks of your score, or both.

Edited by Gagis, 06 January 2021 - 03:02 AM.

#626 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:07 AM

take your team stats screen and apply the formula as outlined in Brios' excellent video about the PSR change.
https://youtu.be/JFqlZXOVtdw
you'll see exactly how much PSR you got "penalized" (srsly, cut that whole reward-bull) 400 damage is not a stellar performance, and as Gagis pointed out, it's your matchscore that matters for PSR changes.

#627 Zulu211

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:14 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 06 January 2021 - 03:07 AM, said:

take your team stats screen and apply the formula as outlined in Brios' excellent video about the PSR change.
https://youtu.be/JFqlZXOVtdw
you'll see exactly how much PSR you got "penalized" (srsly, cut that whole reward-bull) 400 damage is not a stellar performance, and as Gagis pointed out, it's your matchscore that matters for PSR changes.

I didn’t say 400 damage was good or bad. I said I did the second most. See, to me, if my team was remarkably poor and the match was over pretty quickly, it kinda removes my ability to do more damage.

now, I really feel being on a poor team gets a PSR penalty.

I don’t really care one way or another but, it does seem untied from reality.

I already regret saying something because I knew people with so much invested in their PSR would jump in to defend this silliness by parsing words.

enjoy.

#628 Hier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:26 AM

View PostZulu211, on 10 January 2021 - 02:14 PM, said:

I didn’t say 400 damage was good or bad. I said I did the second most. See, to me, if my team was remarkably poor and the match was over pretty quickly, it kinda removes my ability to do more damage.

now, I really feel being on a poor team gets a PSR penalty.

I don’t really care one way or another but, it does seem untied from reality.

I already regret saying something because I knew people with so much invested in their PSR would jump in to defend this silliness by parsing words.

enjoy.

Again, what MATCHSCORE did you have?
When 300 of your 400 dmg was Teamdamage, for example, you would also loose PSR points.

#629 Zulu211

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:19 AM

View PostHier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen, on 11 January 2021 - 12:26 AM, said:

Again, what MATCHSCORE did you have?
When 300 of your 400 dmg was Teamdamage, for example, you would also loose PSR points.

One of us is being disingenuous and hyperbolic about team damage.

I’m certain it isn’t me.

Since you genius types have tried to explain what you can’t comprehend by assuming I destroyed my team like this is some reenactment of Doha; o had another battle where I did UNDER 300 damage, my match score was under 200 but, I got a kill and we won.

Same mech and my team did much better killing everything and I got a kill shot and several assists.

My PSR went UP.

Less damage, same mech in a win v. a loss.

Maybe it’s because I didn’t accidentally kill Charlie lance.

That’s your supposition and you look pretty damned stupid.

I’m out.

Enjoy your guessing games.

Edited by Zulu211, 11 January 2021 - 04:20 AM.

#630 Hier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:02 AM

View PostZulu211, on 11 January 2021 - 04:19 AM, said:

One of us is being disingenuous and hyperbolic about team damage.

I’m certain it isn’t me.

Since you genius types have tried to explain what you can’t comprehend by assuming I destroyed my team like this is some reenactment of Doha; o had another battle where I did UNDER 300 damage, my match score was under 200 but, I got a kill and we won.

Same mech and my team did much better killing everything and I got a kill shot and several assists.

My PSR went UP.

Less damage, same mech in a win v. a loss.

Maybe it’s because I didn’t accidentally kill Charlie lance.

I’m out.

I wrote "for example" i didn't say you did. It was just meant to EMPHASIZE that MATCHSCORE is more IMPORTANT then damage.
Also MS in relation to your Team Mates MS is important.
And WIN or LOOSE is important.

I won't force a discussion if you are neither willing nor cappable of having one.

#631 Hier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:23 AM

View PostZulu211, on 11 January 2021 - 04:19 AM, said:

I’m out.

Posted Image

#632 Zulu211

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

View PostHier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen, on 11 January 2021 - 05:02 AM, said:

I wrote "for example" i didn't say you did. It was just meant to EMPHASIZE that MATCHSCORE is more IMPORTANT then damage.
Also MS in relation to your Team Mates MS is important.
And WIN or LOOSE is important.

I won't force a discussion if you are neither willing nor cappable of having one.

[redacted]

Just played an Incursion battle. I did top damage in the game, had the highest score in the match and we lost.

Our base was destroyed. They got a single kill and their high match score was around 225~ which put that player around third highest score over all.

So, they won the match, only 3-4 players did over 200 damage and their scores were in the tank.

Nope, the PSR isn't broken. I mean, winning by taking the objective is SUPPOSED to be a bad thing...wait!

[redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 01 February 2021 - 03:57 AM.

#633 Hier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 01:15 AM

View PostZulu211, on 30 January 2021 - 08:32 PM, said:

[redacted]

Just played an Incursion battle. I did top damage in the game, had the highest score in the match and we lost.

Our base was destroyed. They got a single kill and their high match score was around 225~ which put that player around third highest score over all.

So, they won the match, only 3-4 players did over 200 damage and their scores were in the tank.

Nope, the PSR isn't broken. I mean, winning by taking the objective is SUPPOSED to be a bad thing...wait!

[redacted]

Why do you take things so seriously and personally?

You wrote that you felt penalized for being on a poor team.
Yes, that's a fact.regardless of that, with about 400 dmg, you should at least get a = even after a lost match, unless you have done something that reduces your Matchscore. Therfore the guess about Teamdamage FOR EXAMPLE. Nobody said you did.
Just admit that it wasn't the systems fault you didn't get a PSR raise this time.

If the match is over quickly due to a bad team, or a team that wins fast by objective, and you don't have a chance to make dmg you get a low MS and low or no PSR increase. Sad. Can happen to anyone.

The PSR System isn't that good, but it already was worse.
The PSR system could be better.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 01 February 2021 - 03:57 AM.
quote clean-up

#634 Hier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 01:33 AM

View PostZulu211, on 30 January 2021 - 08:32 PM, said:

I meant to say that "I did so-and-so much damage, best of my team, etc. etc." doesn't say nothing about your PSR gain or loss, without your Matchscore.
That's all.

Got it?

#635 Zulu211

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 10:21 PM

View PostHier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen, on 31 January 2021 - 01:15 AM, said:

Why do you take things so seriously and personally?

It's like you think we're having a conversation where your opinion matters or will change something.

You admit you dont have all the facts. I didn't bother torecord information that wasn't relevant to my post so I can't help you even if I cared to help you, which I dont.

Lets leave it at this; I didn't have any team damage, I didnt even bump a leg on my way out of spawn. I'm not concerned about MY PSR. I bounce around and am currently grinding some pretty damned terrible mechs in an attempt to learn a different playstyle so, I barely have a PSR.

My point, and it's pretty evident that its a valid point...at this point is; PSR makes no sense. it didn't make sense before and its still completely worthless but in a new way.

Playing to win at least one particular game mode will cost you PSR in most cases and that alone deserves to be addressed.

#636 ZionxReload

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

Why even when I'm really part of the game, I'm not that fast (Assault) but still involve very much with good assistant and killing blow, in a very fast game (wining 12-0)... my rating still goes down?

* I can add the screenshot but...

Killing Blow 3
Kill Assist 8
Damage Done 207
Damage Taken 98
Team Damage -12
Spotting Assist 2
Savior kill 3

Rating : Down!!

Edited by ZionxReload, 01 February 2021 - 02:37 PM.

#637 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:45 PM

View PostZionxReload, on 01 February 2021 - 02:33 PM, said:

Why even when I'm really part of the game, I'm not that fast (Assault) but still involve very much with good assistant and killing blow, in a very fast game (wining 12-0)... my rating still goes down?

* I can add the screenshot but...

Killing Blow 3
Kill Assist 8
Damage Done 207
Damage Taken 98
Team Damage -12
Spotting Assist 2
Savior kill 3

Rating : Down!!

It is because your performance is compared with the performance of the other 23 players. And it seems that some other players were more useful for their teams.

Being on the winning side does not mean that you will get the green arrow automatically.

And if you want a honest answer, doing 207 damage in an Assault 'Mechs is not especially great achievement.

#638 Timber Ghost

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 06:48 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 15 July 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

As of this post, I will be making the maximum Tier separation in the match maker, 1 (one). This means a Tier 1 player should not see any other players outside of Tier 1 or Tier 2.

Now there are some caveates there. If a group of 3 Tier 1 players decides to add a Tier 3 or lower player to their group, there's nothing we can do about that.

-Paul

But, how to groups figure in to this? How are they placed in the matchmaker? Is it group average? Is it the highest tier in the group? We have dropped with tier 1, and tier 5 in the same group before.

Is the tier 5 player always at a disadvantage? Or is the tier 1 player always getting a break?

#639 Hier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:41 PM

View PostZulu211, on 31 January 2021 - 10:21 PM, said:

Playing to win at least one particular game mode will cost you PSR in most cases and that alone deserves to be addressed.

Because the PSR rating depends on your MatchScore. (That's why the reference to your damge in game was not really relevant)
MatchScrore is partly dependent on damage, but there are certain thing that increase or decrease matchscore some times dramatically (having an AMS ist a matchscore booster for example)
The PSR System ist still partly damage dependent, too much maybe, that's right.
It's not that bad compared to the former system, in regards of how quick one can rise in PSR rating maybe, but it's still not really accounting for how well you eventually served tthe team and helped reaching the goal.

#640 ZionxReload

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 01:36 PM

Here I have the second highest score of the team (784) and never then less my score goes down... sometimes I do much less in relation to the all team and my score goes up... something is really weird on this score system.

Why screenshots are visible in the preview of the post, but not in the post itself??

Killing blow 1
Killling Assist 9
Kill most damage dealt 4
Damage done 594
Damage taken 682
Team Damage -3
Component Destroyed 5
Savio Kill 1
Flanking 12

Edited by ZionxReload, 10 February 2021 - 01:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users