17 replies to this topic

#1 MountainRat

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:01 PM

Can anyone explain why PGI is just trying to ruin MWO!???

Can anyone explain why Siege is the only F**ing option? It is hard enough to get a game, and almost impossible when Siege is the only option!! Is there a reason all types of game plays are not offered? I have refused to purchase anything for months. Why should I support a game that does not respect the wishes of its players.

Very upset!
MountainRat

#2 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

No need to make a new thread, look here--> https://mwomercs.com...iege-this-week/

Thread goes from yeah finally more Siege too oh my god this is too much Siege

Edited by tee5, 17 July 2020 - 12:33 PM.

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:44 PM

You need to look no further than knowing that Siege is the classic and most popular mode in FW.

The most active FW players complain about not getting enough of it. So, while it doesn’t make your feelings invalid, just know you are in the minority here.

#4 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:28 PM

I had time for 2 games yesterday. Modes siege/conquest. 2 drops of caustic conquest.

WTF PGI NEED MORE SIEGE!!!!!!!111

#5 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:17 PM

And see dead attack lane... 0/27 is not rare in siege only. Solution must be: siege always in rotation with high chance. Attackers and defenders only decided at the beginning of the drop. To achive this get rid of this story bul^$^^$^$ no one read the x is landing on patrol and fighting y "fluff" anyway

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 17 July 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#6 MountainRat

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:17 AM

If Siege is so popular than why does it take 30 to 45 minutes to get a game, versus 15 minutes to get another type game? I have played MWO for years, was present when the faction play changes. I know siege is the original, I do not agree that there are more siege players than people who want other types of game plays.

#7 MountainRat

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:22 AM

Screen shot 830am MST 7/18/20, normally there are lots of European players on playing faction.

#8 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:40 AM

View PostMountainRat, on 18 July 2020 - 06:17 AM, said:

If Siege is so popular than why does it take 30 to 45 minutes to get a game, versus 15 minutes to get another type game? I have played MWO for years, was present when the faction play changes. I know siege is the original, I do not agree that there are more siege players than people who want other types of game plays.

It’s generally harder to get a siege drop as a solo player (longer wait times) than a non-siege mode drop as a solo player. The reason for this is that some units and friend groups (mixed tag teams) who really love siege will line up big groups when they see Siege mode offered (“boxing out” solos and making their wait times longer). Many of those same groups won’t organize a group if its not siege. So, you see more solos in non-siege modes and it’s easier for solos to get quicker drops for other modes.

#9 MountainRat

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

All I am asking for is a variety in game play. QP has multiple options, why cant Faction?

#10 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:38 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 17 July 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

You need to look no further than knowing that Siege is the classic and most popular mode in FW.

The most active FW players complain about not getting enough of it. So, while it doesn’t make your feelings invalid, just know you are in the minority here.

it do make hims feelins invalid

#11 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:01 AM

Not that long ago there was a chance of getting a faction game in the late afternoons and into the evening in my timezone (eastern Australia). Now there's not even a couple of hopeful dullards readying up and it's 0/0 all the time.

Probably nothing to do with it always having siege of late. Although there have been a few more assault and skirmish etc tacked on as a second option lately.

#12 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:37 AM

Soup q did a number on fp in every time zone, even with the best mode on offer 24/7.

#13 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:15 PM

You Factards always blaming quick now soup queue for your problems.
What happened? Posted Image
Seal supply runout? Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 28 July 2020 - 07:16 PM.

#14 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:34 PM

Small groups back in the group eh soup queue? Idiot events, that farm around 5 times faster in qp? Permanently siege with fixed attacker? Pgi is trying to kill faction, so they can finally reduce to the one mighty bucket (or are just to s#%^$^ to realise how their changes work out)

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 29 July 2020 - 11:35 PM.

#15 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 30 August 2020 - 05:08 AM

View PostMountainRat, on 17 July 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

Can anyone explain why PGI is just trying to ruin MWO!???

Can anyone explain why Siege is the only F**ing option? It is hard enough to get a game, and almost impossible when Siege is the only option!! Is there a reason all types of game plays are not offered? I have refused to purchase anything for months. Why should I support a game that does not respect the wishes of its players.

Very upset!
MountainRat

You must be new here. Not respecting the wishes of their players is the entire foundation PGI built their empire on. Ask the founders.

#16 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:23 AM

View PostMountainRat, on 18 July 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

All I am asking for is a variety in game play. QP has multiple options, why cant Faction?

Mountain

only certain voices get heard

#17 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 11:35 AM

You can get QP modes in QP.

#18 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:53 AM

They play quite different with the redrops, and I like every change of paste I can get. The qp to siege rate is a bit high, but at least that prevents the defend 0 /27 mm a "bit"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users