#1 Viersche

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

Hi All,

So i've been on hiatus from MWO for a very long time and just got back to trying the game again, and the only mech that i have is currently the AS7-D with it's stock loadout(i remember selling all my other mechs to get this Atlas).

Playing a few matches, i've noticed the AC20 | SRM | LRM | M Laser x4 doesn't seem to be that effective, considering some mechs tend to move fast around my clunky assault mech and my AC20 runs out of ammo fast since the loadout only has 20 ammo for it.

I was wondering if there's an easier loadout to use for a beginner with the Atlas as i've forgotten everything about MWO already.

Thanks,

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:07 PM

Its going to take a lot of money and skill points to get any Atlas out of being an utter death trap. Why not simply buy one of the heavily discounted mechs that currently or shortly will be on sale? Crabs start at 1.8 million, Roughnecks at only 2.5 million.

Anything you would do to an Atlas would carry a greater or equal cost to simply buying a new mech. If its stock you need most likely an engine upgrade, heat sink upgrade, LRM removal, etc, etc.

No Atlas is going to do well in the current environment. You could try something like UAC-20+MRMs but its still not ideal.

Edited by Spheroid, 20 July 2020 - 01:09 PM.

#3 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

View PostViersche, on 20 July 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Hi All,

So i've been on hiatus from MWO for a very long time and just got back to trying the game again, and the only mech that i have is currently the AS7-D with it's stock loadout(i remember selling all my other mechs to get this Atlas).

Playing a few matches, i've noticed the AC20 | SRM | LRM | M Laser x4 doesn't seem to be that effective, considering some mechs tend to move fast around my clunky assault mech and my AC20 runs out of ammo fast since the loadout only has 20 ammo for it.

I was wondering if there's an easier loadout to use for a beginner with the Atlas as i've forgotten everything about MWO already.

Thanks,

I came up with a few build options for you to look at and try:

1x AC20, 4x MPL, 1x LAMS (max standard engine, lots of heat sinks) -

AS7-D

1x AC20, 2x MRM30, 1x AMS -

AS7-D

1x AC20, 1x MRM40, 4x ML, 1x AMS -

AS7-D

1x AC20, 2x SRM6+A, 4x ML, 1x AMS -

AS7-D

#4 Viersche

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the responses and suggestions guys,

@Speroid
I wanted to maximize the usage of the AS7-D at the moment because i don't have enough credits to buy a new mech yet so still need to save up for one, so wanted to check for better loadouts instead to improve my performance in match play.

#5 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

View PostViersche, on 20 July 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Hello Viersche,

You can try bumping up the range of your weapons with a combination of Ultra AC20, Dual Light Gauss and MRM builds. Try to have at least, a STD340 engine so you have some mobility and pace yourself somewhere in the middle of the group.

The mindset: start with a supportive role with the goal of taking down enemies as fast as you can, as a team. Edit: Some basic pilot skills to consider.
1) Shielding and armor rolling - using your armor as another form of resources.
2)Terrain positioning - specifically learn to overcome the poor torso pitch angle of the Atlas.

View PostSpheroid, on 20 July 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

No Atlas is going to do well in the current environment. You could try something like UAC-20+MRMs but its still not ideal.

Have to agree with Spheroid as I believe the current environment favours long range and mobility. I main Atlases, so it has become quite interesting lol.

As a beginner with the Atlas, it can be challenging.

Edited by purplewasabi, 20 July 2020 - 06:21 PM.

#6 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:37 PM

I recently used AS7-D with 2xLB10+2*ML+MRM40+MRM30.
Works OKAY, maybe even good considering that it is atlas.
But requires very good heat control.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...2609571e253d9ed

#7 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

I've gone LB10/AC10 MRM 30 x 2 and some medium lasers but it's a bit of a challenge to play but a lot of fun when it works.

#8 Viersche

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for all the suggestion guys, i've been mainly taking cheap shots early game then wading in with the other assaults and heavies mid to late game. I just need more space for ammo on the AC20 or UAC20 once i've upgraded to that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users