4 replies to this topic

#1 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

i login to epic using microsoft xbox ID yet i only see my epic friends and not my microsoft friends, how may i play coop with people who are playing via game pass etc?
please forgive potato question, thanks in advance for replies.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:18 AM

i miss the days when you could get a game on without uploading a list of friends to a data farm.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

And I guess it will become worse with all the "services" where you have an subscription. When it goes like with music and film we will progress from a few big subscription services to lots of them to a few again with lots of legal back and forth and games dissapearing from one service to another and back and you subbing either all of them or you can't play with your friends anymore.

I don't like that entire idea. With films...I can live with that. Most of them I watch once, maybe twice and then forget about them. The few CD/DVD/BRs I have are the things that collect the most dust in my possetion.
Also with just one service I have so much that I could watch that I would need to have it running 24/7 to even see it all...and thats just what interests me. There is even more and it keeps on growing.

The next issue I have is how many do companies aspect me to sub? I have only a finite amount of money and spending it all on subs dosn't make much sense to me. Espacialy when you can't even get through all the content provided.

That brings me to an observation I just had with music and films.
I actualy sat down and made handmade playlists again for my music. The result was that I not only realised how many titles I haven't heard in ages but also made me appriciate the music more. It came back from beeing some background noise to me acutaly listening to music again.

Then I went to my film list and kicked out a lot of the stuff too, nearly all. Frankly just selecting the movie of the day I found myself appriciate it more. I noticed that I often did other things while watching before. Now its gone....well nearly. ^_^

Also started to restric the number of games I have on my PC a while back to 3. Since I did that I have started to actualy play through games and work down my "to-play-list" about half. Nice sideeffect is that I didn't even got weak during Steamsales. Yah I am so proude of me ^_^ (gosh so much sarcasm)

Anyway I recommend that everyone does NOT sub to any of these services. They may look promesing and interesting and its just a few bucks and you have that hugh collection and all and you can test all the games for nearly nothing.
Well...for me I go with less is more.

#4 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:48 AM

so... basically despite both owning the game we cannot play co-op?

please just make it PvP or sell it to someone else.

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:31 AM

Best ask PGI support about that or Microsoft or Epic.

As far as I know Epic only supports Facebook and Steam friendslists so far and Xbox-one console. Note console not the PC part of Xbox that is something different. You know like Microsoft saying "we want to support the PC more and bring it back as a gameing plattform.....so here buy an Xbox pass to support our console you dirty PCler."

Oh and one thing more. PGI has nothing to do with what Microsoft or Epic support with their stores. That is those big companies politics not PGIs thing. PGI has next to no influance about what those big stores do.
They can only decide if they want to sell their game over those or not.

Edited by Nesutizale, 29 July 2020 - 02:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users