Narc Vs. Ams

2 replies to this topic

#1 SunaiJinshu

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:34 AM

Yesterday, I was playing a stealth - Narc beacon Raven 3L.
When attempting to narc the enemy firing line, not sure if this matters, but from slightly above, I saw my narc projectiles get destroyed by enemy AMS, which was confirmed when I turned stealth off and I saw none of those stationary mechs had a beacon. I tried a last beacon without stealth, and it too got shot down by AMS.

By comparison, a tag that someone just waves around once will reveal any ECM or stealth mech within 700m for a second (counting latency), while only weighing one ton.
The narc takes two and a half tons, minimum, gets countered by both AMS and ECM. ECM makes sense.
Is AMS supposed to target narcs? If yes, why?
Would it be possible to have a ballistic version of the narc that wouldn't get countered so easily?
Because you're losing a bit of firepower for utility, which winds up not even working.

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:55 AM

If you shoot your narc while the AMS is busy it should get through.
Narc missile has more health than other missiles
In my self narcing Summoner LRM 40, I shoot my LRM 40 and a second later the narc, Lrms gets chewed narc gets through.

Being a Raven yo probably don't have other missiles so maybe target if not under ECM for some team missiles to engage the AMS which is when you narc.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 25 July 2020 - 03:56 AM.

#3 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:05 AM

Regular scenario: you get close enough, you aim, you launch your NARC ...it gets downed right near your target, you wait another cooldown and lose viscon. =-_-= Assburn completed.
Make that chance not higher than 20%, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users