Ceasefire

9 replies to this topic

#1 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:22 AM

obviously no one in pgi gives a flying **** about faction play.

literally all events catered towards qp, basic stuff in faction play non-functional, bad decision-making that results in ******** sitting defence all day

just hand over the future of faction play to competent members in the faction play community and let them come up with stuff since pgi cannot be more eager to just chuck faction play in the corner and forget about the glorious mode that they ruined

#2 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:38 PM

Great, Marik comes up again as one of the faction sides (on a ******* shitcan weekday as per usual) and there's no ***** around to play against. DO BETTER.

But Kaukas makes a handy point about communication. Plenty of warnings about code of coduct "breaches" on this forum but if you actually want to report or suggest something unless you're <redacted> you get ignored.

#3 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:40 AM

I don't even know the problem of Yondu Udonta?

He is sitting all day enprisoned in Defence?
Just switch the faction, then you can sit all day in Attack.

problem solved.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:16 PM

View Posttee5, on 28 July 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

Switchabiltiy killed a large part of the structure and design of faction warfare. Seems strange to to disencentivize fealty to a nation or unit by alternating which side your play for.

Continuously alternating just means average skill is equalized on both sides of a conflict. If no meaningful skill difference is manifested how can a star map change over time?

Equal numbers was the most lazy and worst solution to the population problem. A dynamic scheduler or alternating turns could have fixed everything(and still can) 4 v 1 is fixed by one Clan/I.S. battle and one I.S. vs I.S. battle resolved simultaneously. A 2 v 1 is fixed by one Clan vs I.S battle followed by a battle of the more numerous faction. The only reason equal numbers is mandatory is the dangerously low two dozen people playing a the same time. Getting above the minimum population would be simple if they stop incentivizing braindead QP events.

I cared about the stellar war aspect of the game, others cared about the leaderboards. Both those things are long gone or broken? Why!? Why remove things that valued by your player base?

I am still waiting for that "year of faction warfare" Paul.

Edited by Spheroid, 28 July 2020 - 07:05 PM.

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:38 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 28 July 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

Continuously alternating just means average skill is equalized on both sides of a conflict. If no meaning skill difference is manifested how can a star map change over time?

Its like having a match maker without having a match maker the equalise skill part. Closer games and dat Posted Image cough

Guess people do still care about the map Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:19 AM

View Posttee5, on 28 July 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

I don't even know the problem of Yondu Udonta?

He is sitting all day enprisoned in Defence?

problem solved.

probably need to open your eyes, considering that im on the attacking side at least 80-90% of the time

#7 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:44 AM

So you are complaining that it is too much defence, and yet you are playing 80% Attack?
Are you sure, you are not complaining that it is too much Attack?

You got to be a lawyer to understand that logic.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by tee5, 06 August 2020 - 07:45 AM.

#8 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:15 PM

Tee5, I think he is bored of ATTACKING in clan mechs, he would like to be able to ATTACK in IS mechs as often.

#9 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:43 AM

Yondude is complaining that their is no incentive to play attack in FP, since this is way harder, and you win nothing more by playing this side.
Meaning that whatever the side are attacking or defending; the queue will always be stacked in defense.

The Fp community is lucky to have yondu, his stream, and his viewers, to constantly go on the hardest side to provide games.

Without yondu stream, faction play would surely be completely dead and another forgotten mode, as group queue is now.

He is not only a top performer, but also one of the most experimented player in this mode, he knows what he is talking about.

PGI shoud definitely listen to him about what to add or remove of that mode. ( domination i am looking at you. )

#10 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:51 AM

just give yon doo his favorite thing. LURMS! lurm him, he really likes it.

p.s. it'll trigger the chit out of him so please dont do it. or..... do it.... but apologize afterwards.

Edited by Hellbringer, 07 August 2020 - 07:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users