Looking For A Unit

General Gameplay Social

9 replies to this topic

#1 Vernarion

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:51 PM

Heyo guys, as the title says, I'm looking for a unit. One to do quick and faction play with hopefully. Im a newer player to MWO but not the mech warrior universe. I am an NA player. Any other questions feel free to ask!

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:39 AM

Well, I could invite you to mine, but that would make exactly 2 of us... I also stopped dealing with FP when the overcompetetive [redacted] took it over.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 28 July 2020 - 09:12 PM.

#3 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

View PostVernarion, on 27 July 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

Heyo guys, as the title says, I'm looking for a unit. One to do quick and faction play with hopefully. Im a newer player to MWO but not the mech warrior universe. I am an NA player. Any other questions feel free to ask!
I would be down to let you drop with us we are a unit of close ish to 20 people and would love for you to drop with us. I can get you a discord link if you are interested just send me an in game request!

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 28 July 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

Well, I could invite you to mine, but that would make exactly 2 of us... I also stopped dealing with FP when the overcompetetive [redacted] took it over.

i quit when the wait times got above 30 minutes.

pgi screwed the pooch by allowing certain units to concentrate skill to an extreme degree only to drop them against random assortments of pugs, or even weaker units with no counters or controls what so ever. i think if a player can not win at least a 3rd of the time, its not enough to get them to play. in the early days it wasn't unusual to lose several times in a row, even as part of a unit. so its no wonder it flopped. it got better between phase 3 and the year of faction play and was eventually able to keep a 1:1 w/l ratio as a pug. yofp killed it though.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 28 July 2020 - 09:13 PM.

#5 TriggerHappyPacifist

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle Eastside

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:17 AM

I only wish I could win one out of 3 matches. I quit playing faction because as a PUG you only lose. Lost 11 out of 13 games today as a PUG in Quickplay random queue. Once you're above tier 3 if you're not in a group good luck. Sooo, now we have the same problem in Quickplay. Can the MM limit the tonnage better or split groups between teams? Or, how do I get into a group so I can be on the stompy side for a change?

#6 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

View PostShmoken, on 01 August 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

I only wish I could win one out of 3 matches. I quit playing faction because as a PUG you only lose. Lost 11 out of 13 games today as a PUG in Quickplay random queue. Once you're above tier 3 if you're not in a group good luck. Sooo, now we have the same problem in Quickplay. Can the MM limit the tonnage better or split groups between teams? Or, how do I get into a group so I can be on the stompy side for a change?
If you want to hurt people and brutally punish them with mechs that hit like a train then you can come drop with us and we can see if you are a good fit.

Friend request me in game and message me if you are interested,
Until then, Happy hunting!

Edited by IronWolfPack64, 01 August 2020 - 04:10 PM.

#7 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:57 PM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 01 August 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

If you want to hurt people and brutally punish them with mechs that hit like a train then you can come drop with us and we can see if you are a good fit.

Friend request me in game and message me if you are interested,
Until then, Happy hunting!

What times of day are you all active?

#8 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:13 AM

View PostAbivard, on 19 August 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

I am getting on for a bit now and I will be on around 9:00 CST tonight if you want to do some drops

#9 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:54 AM

View PostAbivard, on 19 August 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

If you are still interested friend request me in game and we can drop together.

#10 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:31 PM

The Templars are always looking for new pilots that have a desire to win, and to learn and become a better pilot and team player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users