Epic's new End user Agreement.

I will never buy, from Epic again.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:34 PM

the contents of most eulas is enough to make me want to move to the woods and eat squirrels for a living. that's why i don't read them.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 July 2020 - 04:35 PM.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:35 AM

Yes totaly evil. I have no idea what you talk about but when its epic it must be evil and chinese so even more evil. [/sarc]

@OP
So what does it say that makes you so upset?

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

By accepting, you are agreeing not to take epic to court.
disputes are to be decided by a pannel because it in their opinion its 'Fairer'

Most EULA are layered in favor of the company true.

But I have never seen any company actally, expect you to waive all your legal rights

Edited by C E Dwyer, 29 July 2020 - 11:37 AM.

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:53 AM

I wonder if they can get through with it where I am from. Actualy I didn't even received a note or anything about a new EULA.
How old/new is that change? The last EULA I have is from 08.01.20 (Januar if you are confused by EU date Posted Image )

Reading through that, as far as I understand it, it says that if you do something that is against the contract you signed with Epic and there are costs comming out of that, then you have to pay the bill.

There is also a part that says more or less "depening on the laws of your country you can only be held responsible to whatever your laws allow." What sounds to me like when the law of your country says that Epic is at fault and has to carry the cost for their own defence they can't charge you.
For example when your law says "the loosing party has to pay the curt" then its still Epic that has to pay not you.

Still I would say let a lawyer look over that. This is just what I make of what is written and that is written quite confusing. At least to me.

Just looking into Steams EULA...there is also a part that is similar but has the extra part of "If you are from the EU this dosn't concern you".
Still have to find the fine details.

Edited by Nesutizale, 29 July 2020 - 11:56 AM.

#6 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:12 PM

sounds about par for the course and just what i would expect from epic. nearly all large companies are shady as all hell. they want to screw the costumer over every chance they get and every way to keep from getting in trouble for it. not only that but epic's security program is owned mostly by the chinese state so i can guarantee they have all of your information.

just another reason i wont be doing business with epic. i'll wait for MW5 to come out on steam in Dec. (thats why i'm on this forum looking for bits and bobs on the game, well that and i already have an MWO account.)

#7 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:38 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 28 July 2020 - 01:24 PM, said:

Epic's new End user Agreement.

I will never buy, from Epic again.

Fun fact.

With a good lawyer, no EULA is enforceable in court... as it's pretty much well known at this point that NO ONE ACTUALLY READS THEM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users