21 replies to this topic

#1 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:15 AM

Hello PGI,
would be nice if you take a closer look in Factionplay during EU Primetime....
It is boring as hell that we mostly get Siege attack... I like my Clanmechs but i athough like to play other then every night Siege Attack...

#2 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:50 AM

****** "stories" ... attackers on the left, defenders on the right. Just remove this predetermination, let it be random.

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:34 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 29 July 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

****** "stories" ... attackers on the left, defenders on the right. Just remove this predetermination, let it be random.

It actually makes it a bit more balanced to not have it be random. Large, Good pre-made generally choose attack (harder side), knowing that pugs and worse groups or small groups of better players often choose defense (easier side). This makes those matches far more competitive that it would be if the large, good pre-made was on defense (ever seen a 48-0 on Borreal?...I have...)

#4 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:10 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 29 July 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Large, Good pre-made generally choose attack (harder side), knowing that pugs and worse groups or small groups of better players often choose defense (easier side). This makes those matches far more competitive that it would be if the large,
Sure.. what i have right now
Posted Image

(ever seen a 48-0 on Borreal?...I have...)
"more competitive"
Posted Image

#5 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:33 PM

View PostAivazovsky, on 29 July 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

This. Nobody cares about those stories anyways. Just make it random.

And also, as usual... #bringbackCW2.0

#6 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:35 AM

It actually makes it a bit more balanced to not have it be random. Large, Good pre-made generally choose attack (harder side), knowing that pugs and worse groups or small groups of better players often choose defense (easier side).
Good pre-made choose attack!
Posted Image

#7 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:41 AM

It's amazing how many Kurita loyalists we have Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:30 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 30 July 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Logged in specifically to like those posts.
Make it random.

#9 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:47 AM

It actually makes it a bit more balanced to not have it be random. Large, Good pre-made generally choose attack (harder side), knowing that pugs and worse groups or small groups of better players often choose defense (easier side). This makes those matches far more competitive that it would be if the large, good pre-made was on defense (ever seen a 48-0 on Borreal?...I have...)

while its true that pugs have a slight advantage on defense, im not sure how they would know what side is defending and which is attacking without playing at least 1 match first, and i dont see pugs nonstop playing games back to back after a big stomp

in light of that, i vote for randomized attack/defend

#10 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:34 AM

Currently attacker is always left.

View PostAivazovsky, on 30 July 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

Which can lead to strange results too (overstacked attack team killing the queue). But yes, generally as a team go on attack side to give the defenders this small advantage.

#11 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:25 AM

View Postevilelrond, on 01 August 2020 - 03:47 AM, said:

while its true that pugs have a slight advantage on defense, im not sure how they would know what side is defending and which is attacking without playing at least 1 match first, and i dont see pugs nonstop playing games back to back after a big stomp

in light of that, i vote for randomized attack/defend

It’s more than a slight advantage for pugs, inexperienced groups, etc to drop defense. Very good or Elite groups will still beat the stuffing out of a side full of bad or inexperienced players....but it’s still a big difference to lose 48-20 vs. 48-4. Honestly, I don’t know why we would want to go back to having newbies getting attack vs. experienced 12 man’s....those were bad matches, sure we had a few laughs trying to keep our wave 1 alive through the whole match...but that was about it. It’s just bad for the mode to club the seals so hard that they don’t want to come back...learn and get better. Better to let them have a few fish while they take their inevitable 48-20 losses.

PGI tells us which side is defending/attacking in each conflict description. Nearly everyone playing the mode know who is attacking/defending. New people to the mode just have to read what’s posted.

#12 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:12 AM

Randomized attack/defend would be better imo. Due to the low population, I think that most players pick whichever side has fewer players in the queue. Attacking or defending is a secondary consideration.

#13 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:42 AM

View PostFryDeeper, on 01 August 2020 - 08:12 AM, said:

Randomized attack/defend would be better imo. Due to the low population, I think that most players pick whichever side has fewer players in the queue. Attacking or defending is a secondary consideration.

It’s anecdotal (just what I see)...but in NA Primetime I am generally seeing weaker groups drop defense. The defense queue seems more backed up than the attack queue, probably because there are more bad or mediocre players and teams than good ones. Again....it’s just opinion from my recent observation. I have dropped a few matches recently where a new FW unit (which seems to be made up of maybe 90% new-to-FW players and some newish-to-MWO players) definitely prefer defense. I think most of them have maybe one proper-ish drop deck...so they can’t really compete on some maps. They definitely are able to put up a much better fight on defense than attack and do know that’s the case..they are just learning and still getting decks together. It’s amazing to me to still see new players and new units come into FW...but they still do.

#14 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:01 AM

Attack or defend random is mandatory. Otherwise u most of the time get the 0/36 queue. Don't want to club seals. Easy don't overstack your group. Like u have said, u know which teams are on and if there are worthy enemy's (rare). So no need to stack 1% 12 man just to kill mm especially. In off times.

These days it is so rare that I drop in a group bigger than 4, that I can't even remember my last 12 man match.

#15 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:12 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 01 August 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

Attack or defend random is mandatory. Otherwise u most of the time get the 0/36 queue. Don't want to club seals. Easy don't overstack your group. Like u have said, u know which teams are on and if there are worthy enemy's (rare). So no need to stack 1% 12 man just to kill mm especially. In off times.

These days it is so rare that I drop in a group bigger than 4, that I can't even remember my last 12 man match.

Maybe it’s a timezone issue. It’s not generally a problem in NA Primetime to get people willing to attack. Generally, the attackers seem to be the better overall group...but if talent is close the defenders have a good shot to win.
The age old problem with “overstacking” is that people “what to play with their friends”...who just happen to also be top (or at least good and experienced) players. There really isn’t anything to do about it at this point....people are just enjoying the game while it lasts. I am not going to spend too much energy arguing the point. In the more populated days random was great...as there often were a lot more big and at least semi-talented groups. Now it’s rarer to have such big group v big group matchups. So, letting the less organized and talented side have the defense seems to me to make better matches. But, whatever...

#16 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:44 PM

i understand your point marquis.

the ideal solution is that pgi might us the new fw mm they spent so long on to determine whos attacking, and who is defending. the side with a bigger team could get attack, and if teamsizes are equivelant, than the side with the higher w/l ratio would be attacking.

#17 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

Pls no. Higher chance ok. But I don't want to attack all day in and out just because my w/l is not 0.1.

#18 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:41 AM

and another 6 Days of Siege attack on Clanside......that is boring like HELL

#19 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:12 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 03 August 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

and another 6 Days of Siege attack on Clanside......that is boring like HELL

I can only recall 1 day of the last 14 days i played IS was attacking. Thats really dump.

#20 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:06 AM

Randomized would be better.

But of course, any pilot of quality has no issue playing either faction.

Edited by BlaizerP, 04 August 2020 - 01:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users