1) Be your team's top player.
2) Help your team win.
3) Reach Tier1.

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:18 PM

If your in T1, do you get the T2, T3 T4 and T5 MC as well?

#3 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:48 AM

Interesting.
I'm not sure MOST people have control over what Tier they are in.
Its not like they don't WANT to play better.

The exception being that some people play mechs that are 'fun' and not necessarily performers... so you'd encourage them to grind a little in their best mechs... IF they could change tiers within the events time frame.

Yes, I know there's a debate over whether Tier is actually a measure of skill, based on what it ACTUALLY uses as measures.

Edited by chevy42083, 19 October 2020 - 09:48 AM.

#4 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:14 AM

We got tons of important questions to answer, that will make the game more accessible / joyful for as much target groups as possible to broaden the playerbase again.

Don't see how a tier-based reward system will help here at all, especially since PGI gave out MC en masse over the last couple of months. Nonsense if ye ask me IMHO.

#5 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:02 PM

Considering you already have portions of the community who think tiers should be hidden as they

Don't actually show your skill level do to them being skewed towards going up. So the longer you play the higher your tier tends to be even if you haven't improved since day one.

Causes frustration and burn out do to how PSR works making people feel like they are cheated when "Their team sucks".

And is primarily just a way to aid the population starved match masking system.

I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea. Also why should a T1 get more than a t3 when with the current match making a the two tires get thrown into the same match. Is it some how more of an accomplishment for a T1 to get the top score in a match with lower tiers than it is for a T3 to get it in a match with higher tiers.

Beyond that you now promote builds that are not all that helpful to the team or that are even necessarily fun to play but rather are best suited to exploit the system so you can get MC. I can sit around doing little to nothing in a 3xAMS kitfox farming missiles and be top score. Where as an Assault that died leading a push allowing the team to shift momentum and snowball gets next to nothing in score.

#6 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:24 AM

Reaching T1 isn't really a good goal for many players and it'll just increase the complaints about the matchmaker. Not everyone wants to be meta and on their game all the time. Players have different levels of competitiveness, experience and time to play the game. Some are better off in lower tiers.

I don't want to be T1/T2. I just claw my way back up to T3 each time I sink to T4 because I don't want to be T5 and shoot cadets all day.

Edited by Elizander, 17 January 2021 - 07:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users