Mode

28 replies to this topic

#1 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:05 PM

Can we please get scouting back for faction play. As the leader of a new unit I would love to have scouting so we can play and get fast faction play drops. Not to mention scouting was always a very fun and rewarding mode. Not sure why it is no longer a thing, but I think bringing it back (with different in game faction play bonus's) for collecting intel would be vital in bringing faction back to prominence.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:37 AM

Scouting earned 1/4 the cbills / hour compared with QP, and 1/6 compared to invasion. It's a colossal waste of time.

#3 Diomedes Of The Great War Cry

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:28 PM

Yes, but high tier solaris grinds cbills like crazy if you could get games. Sometimes fun is a good enough reason to have something, money doesn’t always need to be the primary motivator. Scouting is fun and adds a dimension to faction play that it has been lacking ever since. That’s my opinion at least and I would love to see it come back!

#4 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 04 August 2020 - 11:19 PM

Scouting was fun 4v4 lights and mediums.

Btw if you are playing CW for c-bills you are part of the problem.

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:33 AM

Best part about scouting was you didn't need 12 to make a team
Four players was much easier to organise for casual folks
Hard to get carried in scouting was what I liked about it, if you got 25:1 w/l you deserved it 100% mostly Posted Image

#6 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:43 AM

View PostNightbird, on 04 August 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

Scouting earned 1/4 the cbills / hour compared with QP, and 1/6 compared to invasion. It's a colossal waste of time.

For those of us who wanted to play it, C-Bills wasn't the driving factor. It was fun, casual and allowed the fusion of game mechanics and team work to really shine with a little bit of effort. There is so much that could be done, like having random Scouting events with Assaults or Heavies.

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:13 PM

No scouting! Remove more things! Ban conquest! Remove domination! Excise that stupid base rush thing!! Narrow the scope of the game down even more!

/s

#8 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 07 August 2020 - 11:46 AM

Scouting was a niche queue (kinda like Solaris) that really only some people enjoyed playing. The rest steered clear. For those people who played it was never about c-bills, it was just a different mode and played a bit differently that other modes did. Maybe it took away from the main FW queue at the margins, but it wasn’t ever very populated (again like Solaris) once they removed Long Tom. So, it never made sense to me for PGI to do the work to actively remove something that wasn’t really an issue for most players...but that many be 15% of the FW playbase played and many really liked. Idk if it makes sense to do the work to bring it back at this point (I would like it back), probably not...but it probably never should have been removed. It was a waste of PGI’s time to take it out.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 07 August 2020 - 11:48 AM.

#9 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:58 PM

Scouting, for me, was my quickplay. You know, when I wanted a quick game but didn't wanna wait for a community warfare match. Thing is, with queues so low, right now I'd rather not have another queue bleed players away. I like it, true, but no enough to slow down my rate of getting siege matches.

~Leone.

#10 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:52 PM

it made a lot more sense when scouting actually meant something to fp. those radar scans/ mech compositions/jams were interesting.

#11 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 11 August 2020 - 05:34 PM

If by interesting you mean "totally awesome for clans because they have 55 tonners that make jokes of IS mediums", then sure, let's go with "interesting".

#12 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 11 August 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

If by interesting you mean "totally awesome for clans because they have 55 tonners that make jokes of IS mediums", then sure, let's go with "interesting".

Ummm... there's plenty of 55 ton IS mechs that are suitable counters. Just takes some good coordination.

#13 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:31 PM

Agreed Scouting was very heavily based on counter play but I don't think anyone truly thought that as mechs go it was unbalanced

#14 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:52 PM

If you give scouting its own queue then cool, but to take up a couple hours during prime time with scouting only for fp is just horrible. Rather not play the game then be forced to play scouting, which is exactly what I used to have to do.

#15 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:41 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 19 August 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

If you give scouting its own queue then cool, but to take up a couple hours during prime time with scouting only for fp is just horrible. Rather not play the game then be forced to play scouting, which is exactly what I used to have to do.

Agreed it need to come back with its own que not in the rotation!

#16 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:04 AM

PGI Thank you for bringing scouting back, but please I want it as a permanent thing not something I have to wait forever for it to comeback around.

#17 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 12:34 PM

gg-close PGI, europe prime time on saturday, and only mode is Scouting?!?!!? Way to kill it for FP fans.

Good night!

#18 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 03:25 PM

Well finally got to play some FP thanks to scouting.

#19 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 03:56 PM

LOL so some [redacted] cry about not being able to play a garbage mode,and now everyone has to play a garbage mode.Thanks [redacted] and pgi...[redacted].

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 07 September 2020 - 03:56 AM.

#20 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 05 September 2020 - 04:15 PM

I'm going to be really grateful for scouting being on now instead of this afternoon (my time) when I can't get an FP game because there's no one on...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users