To Be Clear

13 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:52 PM

In light of recent events, let's be clear. Dropping in groups is OK. Using LRMs is OK. Criticism of PGI and MWO is OK. Doing all 3 at the same time is OK. Toxic behavior towards other players, and PGI staff, is not OK and will be dealt with accordingly. It is that simple. That is all.

#2 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:55 PM

AMS, don't leave home without it.
If you did leave without it, please keep crying to a soft wimper.

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 30 January 2021 - 12:55 PM.

#3 Nukebirb

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Osea

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:10 PM

Funny how this **** going on every single match for the year y'all haven't touched the game in was OK, but all of a sudden y'all come back and it's verbotten.

#4 Chaotic_Harmony

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:13 PM

Cool, so as long as I say "I'm doing this for fun, no malicious intent here" at the start of every match I'm clear?

How do you judge intent without observing first?

#5 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:13 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 January 2021 - 12:52 PM, said:

In light of recent events, let's be clear. Dropping in groups is OK. Using LRMs is OK. Criticism of PGI and MWO is OK. Doing all 3 at the same time is OK. Toxic behavior towards other players, and PGI staff, is not OK and will be dealt with accordingly. It is that simple. That is all.

So to be clear, how many LRMs are we talking about? And are there particular days when using a lot of them is toxic versus other days when it's perfectly alright? If I brought an LRM 95 Whammy to QP for instance and rained down indirect fire death, would it matter who my target was? Should I avoid anyone who announces their Twitch username?

#6 GhosthackedPSF9

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:15 PM

Um. . . this messages reads very dramatically and feels unfortunately confrontational. PGI, in all sincerity, are you guys doing okay?

I would highly recommend someone at PGI Read This

Also, from the Harvard Business Journal

Running a business can feel extremely difficult especially when the majority of people you interact with simply receive a paycheck and never really put their own skin in the game - no pun intended. You guys built something I enjoy a lot. I hope all is well with you and your team. Best of luck!

#7 Chaotic_Harmony

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 30 January 2021 - 01:14 PM, said:

People are not as stupid as you think. You are not in primary school anymore buddy.

And yet here you are, showing the world a shining example.

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:18 PM

This post is not particularly professional, and is even a little bit hypocritical.

Check yourself.

#9 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:20 PM

Can someone translate? What’s this about??

#10 Tommy Atkins

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:24 PM

View PostB0ll0, on 30 January 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

Can someone translate? What’s this about??

Chaotic_Harmony got banned during the event last night for toxic behavior. Because he's a prominent streamer everyone is weighing in on whether he deserved it or not.

#11 Nukebirb

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Osea

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:29 PM

View PostTommy Atkins, on 30 January 2021 - 01:24 PM, said:

toxic behavior

translation: he ran a well-coordinated four-man lurm squad during PGI's event and people b'awww'd about how it was toxic and abusive, and because PGI were actually playing the game for, in some cases, literally the first time in over a year (on their known accounts), they actually did something for once

Edited by Nukebirb, 30 January 2021 - 01:29 PM.

#12 Gojira Goth I-HOP Mecrenary

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:34 PM

View PostNukebirb, on 30 January 2021 - 01:29 PM, said:

translation: he ran a well-coordinated four-man lurm squad during PGI's event and people b'awww'd about how it was toxic and abusive, and because PGI were actually playing the game for, in some cases, literally the first time in over a year (on their known accounts), they actually did something for once

He didn't even get to play, they PREEMPTIVELY banned him for "toxic behavior " before the event even started.

#13 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:34 PM

Locking this thread because the original post is what is important and relevant, and chat is devolving into fighting and misinformation. If anyone has any questions about what is appropriate behavior, read the original post, and then if you still have questions message or email me.

#14 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

View PostTommy Atkins, on 30 January 2021 - 01:24 PM, said:

Chaotic_Harmony got banned during the event last night for toxic behavior. Because he's a prominent streamer everyone is weighing in on whether he deserved it or not.

He was banned before he had the chance to do anything, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users