#1 Sunna Pryde

Rookie

• The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

Greetings fellow Mechwarriors!

I am posting this to announce a new unit: 13th Iron Maidens.

Our community is centered around the basic principle that all people deserve a place to be themselves. That said, we are an LGBT+ friendly unit and welcome Mechwarriors from all walks of life.

We do:
  • Engage in community RP as a Mercenary unit in the Battletech universe.
  • Support each other in game and in real life.
  • Provide a safe place for individual expression.
  • Have crap loads of fun.
  • We can/will participate in Faction Play.
  • Run unit events such as batchall tournaments, wacky mech-build tournaments, and other such fun and engaging events.
We Don't:
  • Tolerate bigotry of any sort.
  • Take ourselves too seriously.
  • Force mech builds on members/players
  • We do not subscribe to the "META"
If we sound like a good fit for you then feel free to PM Sunna Pryde in game/discord, or respond to this thread, and we'll chat!

Edited by Sunna Pryde, 20 September 2020 - 03:02 PM.

#2 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:30 PM

Nice! Glad to see a purposely driven, LGBTQ+ space for fellow MechWarriors. Sent you a message with details!

#3 CharlottaTheGreatButMainlyStupid

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:29 AM

wow this is very nice to see looking forward.^^

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:42 PM

while i do swing both ways and dress up like a girl sometimes, ive never liked the lgbtqgsdfglsdkhfgs+++ or whatever they call it these days. its never the same string of characters from day to day. i think the movement would be better if it dropped the identity politics.

safe place? you do realize this is a war game right? its my experience that nobody messes with you when you keep a .45 in your garter.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 October 2020 - 06:51 PM.

#5 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:57 AM

What is this ... pure womanz unit ?

No bigots ? Definitely am not dropping with you.

Non of You will appreciate my good jokes anyway.

#6 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:52 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 03 October 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

while i do swing both ways and dress up like a girl sometimes, ive never liked the lgbtqgsdfglsdkhfgs+++ or whatever they call it these days. its never the same string of characters from day to day. i think the movement would be better if it dropped the identity politics.

safe place? you do realize this is a war game right? its my experience that nobody messes with you when you keep a .45 in your garter.

If you want to join and harass people, go right ahead. I'll try my best to charge you for it.

And the full spectrum is: LGBTTQQIAAP+

Not too difficult.

View PosttheUgly, on 07 October 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

What is this ... pure womanz unit ?

No bigots ? Definitely am not dropping with you.

Non of You will appreciate my good jokes anyway.

They wouldn't be good jokes to begin with anyways.

And no, this is a unit for women and LGBTQ+ folks looking for a like minded community (e.g., shared experiences of playing games and dealing with an unfriendly social, economic and political climate based on their identity).

#7 Caedicat

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

Not sure how to react to theUgly here. Are you proclaiming to be proud of being a bigot? and it's not a pure female unit as we do have males within the unit, it's more of, dont be a **** about anything said. Safeplace may not have been the best way to have word, its more, a place for people to gather and play without judgement from others. As to MetalGod, Lgbtq+ refers to the community of people who dont identify as heteronormative. I.E. straight. As to LordNothing, it being a game does not give you the right to harass people online. Violence just breeds violence. I get its the internet here people, but at the same time, I feel being disrespectful of people, and their beliefs and sexuality are not okay. Particularlly if you only feel safe saying those things as you have some anonymity online, seems like you could use a safeplace

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:22 PM

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 18 October 2020 - 09:52 AM, said:

If you want to join and harass people, go right ahead. I'll try my best to charge you for it.

And the full spectrum is: LGBTTQQIAAP+

Not too difficult.

i dont even want to know. see its never the same, choose a less amorphous name and keep it.

other than the fact that i disagree with the notion of safe spaces or identity politics, i fail to see how i was harassing anyone. i guess sharing opposing views is harassment now.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 October 2020 - 03:25 PM.

#9 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:56 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 October 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

i dont even want to know. see its never the same, choose a less amorphous name and keep it.

other than the fact that i disagree with the notion of safe spaces or identity politics, i fail to see how i was harassing anyone. i guess sharing opposing views is harassment now.

Opposing views are not the same as invalidating lived experiences; talk about amorphous. The spectrum is amorphous because the community is willing to learn and accept people in ways they haven’t previously; you know, actually grow, hence the “+” sign.

The context of my statement regarding harassment was lost on you it seems; please reread it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users