4 replies to this topic

#1 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:03 PM

Oh yes. Let's talk about this bad boy, the unsung hero of PTFO. What sorts of builds do you guys run on it? There's a lot of customization options available with its massive hardpoint selection, and I just can't figure out exactly how many tons to dedicate to that collosal jump jet capacity. So far I'm thinking 2 MPL, XL 270, 12 jump jets, and my balls to the wall. I could also drop the engine down and throw on a ER Large Laser and Targeting Computer. Hmm!

#2 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:44 PM

Ah the 5v. Second worst mech in the game next to jenners. As crappy as the 2e ct only is the mech does give you a lot of builds for its very limited paint job keying annoying little b of a light. Here's a few builds I've done.

1. Trollin: 2mpls, 2x jj, bap and biggest lfe you can shove up its rear. skill wise you can max armor,add seismic and dump the rest into as much cool down and heat gen. Switch to spls or mix mpl with flamer to be a late match sob.

2. VH's Jump: xl 200,2dhs tax, er mls and all the jump jets it can hold. skill for the jets and armor because you'll do a lot of leg dmg with this.

3. Poker Chip: er x1 ,xl 245-250. skill for seismic,armor and dump the rest into fire power for range and cool down.

4. Hadouken Guard: snub ppc or light ppc. Skill armor and cooling in mech ops. Get as much heat gen you can. lfe or std engine and required heat sucks i mean sinks. Stick yourself to the back side of the asls and heavies.

5. Scapel:er sml and flamer. xl to the max. Same for skills. Mech ops and fire power for all the heat. Pgi Flamers work in reverse heating up your mech just as much as the enemy. Ramped head reduction skill is what you want. Go after all the laser build mechs.

6. Rainbow Warrior: Tag and er sml or er ml. Lfe or xl 250. Skill up all of aux tree for the uav nodes. Like always skill up those 18-19 points into armor. Rest into fire power for range nodes. 900m tag? Dunno. Best used during events with the lrm/atm/ssrm/srm/mrm missile farmers are out. Stack all those bonuses for ez pay outs.

7. Wub Wub Weload: lpl and max fire power. if engine fits you ok. Not as great as the lct-1v's once godly near 50% duration lpl quirk but it comes close.

8. Ranger Dek: Er ml and sml. Because you can go 0m to 700m or so.

9. There can be only one: spls and lfe. Max armor and fire power. 55 into fire power for all the skills and 20 ish for the armor. Sure the commando with srm2s and ecm is annoying up you have lfe and unlimited ammo.

#3 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:37 AM

This thread was moved to Light Mech Builds

#4 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 18 August 2020 - 03:37 AM

As a combat mech the SRD 5V is one of the worst if not the worst mech there is, yet the SDR 5V is at the same time absurdly over powered when it comes to capping. It has a built in +100% capture accelerator if you put the skill tree nodes, every SDR 5V will count as 2.4 mechs in a capture zone. SDR 5V can stealth win most Assault matches in Faction Warfare before the enemy realizes the danger they are in. If you do that you won't have much fun, the enemy team will rage at you, even your team mates will rage at you, but you will win. Most teams simply aren't expecting 2 or 3 spiders capping their base in under a minute, unless the map is tiny when they realize the cap is going so fast it is already too late.

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:34 AM

Like Brizna says, the 5V is an objective-mode light. Max out engine, speed tweak, cap accelerator. Doing anything else is building it wrong.
Past that, you pretty much have space for 2 MPL or 1 ERLL and your preferred amount of jump jets to go with that. Either way, go for double strikes because your mech isn't worth much in direct engagement.

Edited by Horseman, 18 August 2020 - 05:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users