Clan Erppc 15 Damage 8 Pod Bonus

8 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Kadabra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:27 AM

This is a suggestion to allow Clan ER PPC to do 15 full damage like heavy PPC but only as an 8pod bonus in certain clan mechs that mount 1 ERPPC by default, like Ice Ferret Prime or Summoner Prime.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:16 AM

That is an interesting idea for a quirk.

#3 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:32 PM

Agreed i like this idea would love to have a proper cERPPC

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 01:34 AM

The Clan ER PPC already deals 15 damage. 10 PPFLD to the component it hits, and 2.5 damage each to the two adjacent components.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:34 AM

I think what he means is 15 points in one zone instead of the 10 + 2.5 + 2.5
Like the heavy PPC from the IS side BUT only if you have all 8 pods of an omnimech and only those that only field one PPC.

Question is if that is even possible as it would change the weapons behavior instead of just boosting a certain aspect like cooldown.

Personaly I would like to see PPC to be more unified in their behavior by giveing all of them a small spread. It makes them a bit more unique I think.

Beside that, I just noticed that I never bothered with it but what happens if there isn't a second zone to spread the damage?
Like when you hit the left arm. Does the left torso get only 2.5 damage or 5 points damage because the splash can't transfere to a second zone or does the damage gets transfered to front and back torso?

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:47 AM

If there is only one adjacent component, the rest of the damage is lost, afaik.

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:26 AM

I feared so. Would be more reliable when the damage would then spread to front and back.

#8 Wild Kadabra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:17 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 24 August 2020 - 02:34 AM, said:

I think what he means is 15 points in one zone instead of the 10 + 2.5 + 2.5
Like the heavy PPC from the IS side BUT only if you have all 8 pods of an omnimech and only those that only field one PPC.

Question is if that is even possible as it would change the weapons behavior instead of just boosting a certain aspect like cooldown.

Personaly I would like to see PPC to be more unified in their behavior by giveing all of them a small spread. It makes them a bit more unique I think.

Beside that, I just noticed that I never bothered with it but what happens if there isn't a second zone to spread the damage?
Like when you hit the left arm. Does the left torso get only 2.5 damage or 5 points damage because the splash can't transfere to a second zone or does the damage gets transfered to front and back torso?

Yes that is what I mean. To have the cERPPC do 15 damage in one zone alone just like the IS Heavy PPC. I know this was already tested once in the PTSR and was deemed too overpowered, hence why I'm only suggesting it as an 8 pod bonus for mechs that by default have 1 ERPPC such as Summoner Prime and Ice Ferret Prime, Viper B.

Whether so mechs that are meant to be cERPPC boats such as Nova A and Warhawk Prime could be included can be debated, I'd love to see it but for now I'd be happy to start with the ones that only have one so as not to make anything too overpowered.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:35 AM

I think if you realy want to put something like that in you have to limit the number of PPCs to a max of two. I haven't looked into it to see how many mechs would profit from this but most of them allready have some kind of PPC or energie quirks to make up for the "missing" damage.
Still there are some mechs that can only carry one PPC effectifly and those could realy profit from haveing a hard hitting weapon like that.

Also what about the not omni mechs? IIRC the Incubus has a variant with just one PPC. Should those also profit from this IF people just keep it with the one PPC and not add more?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users