• LocationLuxembourg

Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:51 PM

Finally over. Ready for the next event!

#182 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:10 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 14 October 2020 - 09:51 PM, said:

Finally over. Ready for the next event!

And our friendly Matt Newman & the rest of PGI's Events Team (although I've been wondering for a bit if it's only just him creating these now) all get my thanks for this interesting "Heroes to the Rescue" Event and those Mini-Challenges that came with it. :)

I'll admit that some of the Mini-Challenges seemed rather steep-sided toward the end of what was given, being as I stick to a "Fun for 99%+ of Players, particularly the Casual-Class ones" mentality when analyzing a Challenge's Requirements & Rewards as posted. But, I would not say that they ultimately became too lopsided and/or completely upsetting, albeit that I was left somewhat confused on why they started exceeding a certain difficulty point. That is, unless they were specifically being made to primarily only get earned by single people (who don't have to share a single computer) whom had spare time on their hands and much higher levels of skill than a Casual-Class Player would have. :huh:

Any which way, after a few days in which to cool down here, I will be looking forward to the possibility of an upcoming "2020 'Trick-or-Treat VI (That's a "6" for those who don't get Roman Numerals)' Event" happening soon enough! :D

~D. V. "Thanks for the HttR Event, PGI... Mini-Challenges included... Cooling down before the Next Event here!" Devnull

[1st Edit around 4 minutes later by Post's Author for Reading Comprehension Issues and Visual Text Flow.]

[2nd Edit around another 32 minutes after by Post's Author for an Enumeration Issue and a few extra words to go with it.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 15 October 2020 - 12:46 AM.

#183 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:59 AM

So... uh... anybody there...? The event is over...! You can take it off the main page now...!

...Anyone...? Posted Image

Edited by Lith Dael, 16 October 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#184 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:43 AM

View PostLith Dael, on 16 October 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

So... uh... anybody there...? The event is over...! You can take it off the main page now...!

...Anyone...? Posted Image

Given that it has been about four days since Matt Newman was last seen on the Forums, perhaps it's finally time to worry & panic? I'm actually kind of scared somebody is going to make the mistake of trying to go replace him with Bombadil/Daeron Katz (same person, two names) instead, which I feel would be really awful. (Mind you, it's NOT a matter of having something against them, regardless of what my standing is. But, I've seen corporate madness cause loss of wanted personalities before, only to replace them with someone else. I simply think that kind of change is never necessary when things are already positive, as it usually results in an experience that's never quite the same.) It's just my opinion, but I think Matt Newman is a good person that should always be around, and I do not want them ever making him disappear. :wacko:

As for the HttR Event's pages, I think they left the Website links up on the front page for a few days extra because that allows people to quickly access the Event Results & Information via those connections. It also saves on ending up jumping through extra hoops to get at it, such as the delays of going In-Game to view it, or the extra clicks needed to dig into the News Archives below. It would probably be far more panic-worthy if they had removed it rapidly after the Event had ended only a few days ago. ;)

~D. V. "yeah, there's a little to worry over, and a little to not panic so much about" Devnull

[Quick Edit by the Post Author for a small formatting issue that left something not very visible.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 17 October 2020 - 02:45 AM.

#185 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:34 PM

Your worries should be unwarranted. Matt himself stated that he would be working on the Helloween Lootbag Event and the Customer Appreciation Program next. So, it's likely he's just busy.

Edit: Linking you the original post

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 19 October 2020 - 09:35 PM.

#186 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:19 AM

Furthermore Matt has likely been busy with RazerCon-Stuff and is - on top of working on the Helloween Event + Customer Appreciation Programm - more than likely caught up in the on-going processing of incoming data regarding the future of MWO with Daeron etc.

Tbh I even feel happy if he has no time left to implement some generic 24/7-events atm ... might imply more serious work he has to prioritize.

#makeMWOgreat(again)stepbystep

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 20 October 2020 - 01:20 AM.

#187 IQwrassler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 167 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario ... hunting for kimuras ...

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:27 AM

Ctrl + C, followed by Ctrl + V is much too resource intensive.

Everyone is excited talking about the future of MWO, but this is the reality of the game :(.

#188 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:40 AM

View PostIQwrassler, on 20 October 2020 - 02:27 AM, said:

Ctrl + C, followed by Ctrl + V is much too resource intensive.

Everyone is excited talking about the future of MWO, but this is the reality of the game Posted Image.

I understand the amount of frustration that filled up a lot of us over the last couple of years firsthand, but still: defeatism won't lead us anywhere. We gotta accept the actual discussion and their potential outcomes as a chance to prolong and improve the lifespan of our belovehated game. In case PGI screws up again, ye can mill all the despicable salt ye want.

We will get the TnT-Events with the likelihood of a shitload of goodies somewhat soonish ... until then: hold your ground and join the discussion please.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 20 October 2020 - 02:40 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users