Once Again Fp Is Playable And Qp Is Not

11 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:11 PM

having completed another solaris event a bit prematurely and as much of the heros event i could at this point, i found myself with surplus time and hadnt quite got my mwo fix for the month. so on a whim i went into fp to see what was going on and found i had managed to get there in time to fill up one of the last pug slots on one side. what followed were many hours of the most enjoyable gameplay ive seen in years.

#2 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 30 August 2020 - 04:57 AM

Unsurprising. We've seen this migration pattern before. Right now, all the top tier group players are over at QP harvesting potatoes. FP is pretty clear for the moment.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:52 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 30 August 2020 - 04:57 AM, said:

Unsurprising. We've seen this migration pattern before. Right now, all the top tier group players are over at QP harvesting potatoes. FP is pretty clear for the moment.

i don't really blame the groups though. its just become a scapegoat to make excuses for not playing very well at all. like one domination match where i was the first one in the circle, and i was in a slow *** assault with a top speed of 48kph (the other team was just as slow and we only lost 5 seconds). or conquest games where you have 2 assaults and a heavy capping while squirrels fight the enemy. or where players seem to scatter off randomly and cant even nascar right. a little unplanned natural organization is better than random scatters. people arent even grouping up. oh but it must be those 4 man groups that makes everyone else play stupid.

#4 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:18 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 August 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

i don't really blame the groups though. its just become a scapegoat to make excuses for not playing very well at all. like one domination match where i was the first one in the circle, and i was in a slow *** assault with a top speed of 48kph (the other team was just as slow and we only lost 5 seconds). or conquest games where you have 2 assaults and a heavy capping while squirrels fight the enemy. or where players seem to scatter off randomly and cant even nascar right. a little unplanned natural organization is better than random scatters. people arent even grouping up. oh but it must be those 4 man groups that makes everyone else play stupid.

I agree. How dare those T3 solos not play like experienced, T1 group players when they're put together. Something should be done to separate them. Oh, wait, Paul already did that. That's why FP is playable and QP isn't.

Like I said before, this dynamic has happened before. We've both seen it. Remember the first incarnation of FP when everyone played it and enjoyed it, regardless of grouping? Remember when groups came in and dominated matches? Whether or not "4 man teams" overpower QP or not, you're seeing the same effect happen all over again. Not every 4 man overbalances every match, but with the way the MM works at filling up a match, it absolutely happens sometimes. The only people, in theory, that are immune to it are T4s and T5s....which doesn't mean much if you start at T3.

Downside to FP is the wait times. Still, FP is now tons funner than QP. I say let the groups stay over there and turn it into a shithole while the rest of us enjoy FP while we can. It's bound to flipflop again if FP becomes popular again.

#5 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:13 PM

Sadly my timezone features the same ******** clubbing me over and over again in FP. Yet I come back at least a few times before I learn my lesson...

#6 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:13 AM

To some extent your experience might come from the IS side of view. To many IS players t(sadly not only the noobs) think the only way to compete with clans is pusha (that's so wrong). In general fp exp. becomes better if u have at least 2-3 guys u can trust in. U can carry alot, and even if get stomped by a premade, u can give them a run for their money and can curse your pugs;)

That being said I rarely play in big groups these days, since u are most of the time missing the proper opposition.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 04 September 2020 - 01:14 AM.

#7 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:08 AM

so what times do people play FP as being the only one in queue is not fun...

So it got up to 14/16 .. and then back to 1/2 ... waste of 25 minutes.

Edited by Beorning, 04 September 2020 - 09:39 AM.

#8 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 03:19 AM

then u got skipped in favor of bigger group. Drop in teams to get higher chances.

normally EU and US Prime are good.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 05 September 2020 - 03:19 AM.

#9 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:22 AM

View PostBeorning, on 04 September 2020 - 05:08 AM, said:

so what times do people play FP as being the only one in queue is not fun...

So it got up to 14/16 .. and then back to 1/2 ... waste of 25 minutes.

Premade groups get priority in both FP and QP now. If you want to drop sooner, join a group. Otherwise, just go smoke or take a crap or something. By the time you're done, you should be in a drop.

#10 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:34 PM

For me the Story Mode made FP worse, while the new PSR formula made QP better, so I find myself playing less FP and more QP in 2020.

Wish PGI could extend the 4 player group limit to FP though, because I often end my FP runs when one premade proves enough to clog both sides of the FP queue.

#11 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:01 PM

Faction seems to be filled with obnoxious [Redacted] who would rather let their team lose so they can do... something?... than actually participate.

I shan't name names but they are a prime ******* poison to the fate of this game.

#12 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:48 AM

nah. Just 2 many IS pugs believe in w key over trading. Then go yolo and blame the team. Dont blame team for your loss in mechlab.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users