True Clan Weaponry

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:42 PM

Just wondering how many of you out there would give up weapon quirks and weapon skill tree (skill max reduction to 35 skill point max), to have true pen and paper range, cooldown, heat, durations, etc. put back. I know it won't happen, but curious.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:03 PM

TT values don't translate that well for all things since we aren't firing in turns. So there have to be some adjustments.
As for makeing Clan weapons more damageing and giveing them bigger ranges. Well you could but it would also mean you have to create some drawbacks at some other point. More heat, longer chargetimes...whatever since we can't have uneven teams.

While the current values reflect the novels or TT that well its still better then giving clans better tech without the weight / BV compensation IS normaly got in the TT.

#3 Wild Kadabra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:45 AM

View PostGhoja, on 30 August 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

Just wondering how many of you out there would give up weapon quirks and weapon skill tree (skill max reduction to 35 skill point max), to have true pen and paper range, cooldown, heat, durations, etc. put back. I know it won't happen, but curious.

Believe me, while I would love this, I understand why it is not done. You have to understand that in the table top, when you fire all of your weapons, they don't all just hit the same region. If a Warhawk alpha strikes all those ERPPCs have to roll to see which part of the mech they will hit, it is very unlikely they will all hit CT. In MWO this is not how things happen. A turn in TT is about 10 seconds, so all of the action you see happens within those 10 seconds (meaning something like an ac2 would fire once every 10 seconds).

A more plausible happy medium would be to make weapons in certain chassis that are built around a specific weapon system and wouldn't be too OP have quirks to make their weapons behave more like in TT. For example I have made the suggestion of having mechs with a single ERPPC in their base chassis have an 8pod bonus to have true 15 damage instead of splash for cERPPC much like Heavy PPC, mechs like Summoner Prime or Ice Ferret Prime and perhaps even Adder.

Edited by Wild Kadabra, 02 September 2020 - 05:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users