Sell Your Nvidia 2K B4 Its To Late

15 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:49 AM

Well, Nvidia had its NV3k Ampere launch event and if you ever want to sell your NV2K do it now bcs in less than 3 weeks nobody wants to buy it anymore bcs it is outclassed that much!!!

The 3070 is 499$ and delivers 2080 ti performance...
The 3080 is 699$ and twice the performance if i understood that right.
The 3090 is 1499$ and...well...brute force²...

...and its Samsung 8nm...

Edited by Thorqemada, 01 September 2020 - 08:50 AM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:04 AM

I aspected this kind of topic in StarCitizen but here? Also not that MWO is still more CPU depending so even with a 3090 you might not get any performance boost ^_°

#3 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:15 AM

Aaand nobody cares because MWO can run at max settings on a toaster.

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:54 AM

Concidering that you read every now and then that people have problems I wonder what kind of toaster you are running. Octa-toast with extra bread and butter dispanser?

#5 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:58 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 01 September 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

Concidering that you read every now and then that people have problems I wonder what kind of toaster you are running. Octa-toast with extra bread and butter dispanser?

I'm running a quad slot toaster, with a nCrumia WHEAT-T-X 1060 heating coil. Even at 2K toasting settings, I get around 40-60 slices of toast made each second. It's pretty fast, and my kitchen is absolutely filled with toast.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 11:48 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 01 September 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'm running a quad slot toaster, with a nCrumia WHEAT-T-X 1060 heating coil. Even at 2K toasting settings, I get around 40-60 slices of toast made each second. It's pretty fast, and my kitchen is absolutely filled with toast.

if only they can solve the problems with the marmalade dispenser.

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

Well, i expected a broad Userbase of RTx 2k Users bcs as MWO makes CPUs run so hot many would use RTX Voice to dampen it.

And if your Toaster doesnt do 360 slices of toast each second it is not good enough...imrpoved with the new "NVidia Catch the Toast" technology now able to catch each Toast in half the time... :D

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:34 PM

until they come up with a low profile 3k, im going to stick with my 2070 super mini. me do something larger than an sff build, never.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 September 2020 - 12:51 PM.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:22 AM

Well I still have a 970 and while that is ok for MWO I will most likely change to one of the new cards because other games start to get bad framerates and I just love ultra settings ^_^

Also there will be a Crysis Remastered and again after years we can ask "but can it run Crysis?" ^_^

#10 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:12 AM

You guys are making me hungry. Going to slide a slice of whole wheat into the slot, add butter and enjoy.

Oh, peanut butter makes a great spread on warm toast also.

#11 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

Don't forget to bring some milk for your peanut butter or some yelly or both? ^_^

#12 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:01 PM

I watched the NVIDIA stream

that guy was an excellent sales man

wish I knew more, not that I could afford that high $$ GPUs anyways

Edited by Davegt27, 03 September 2020 - 08:05 PM.

#13 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 11:06 AM

Seems like there's rumors of an AMD graphics card group that might rival the NVidia stuff.

With that said... I'm hoping to buy someone's 2k series card on the cheap, because it'll be better than my ol' gtx760. I just hate the risk of buying used electronics from strangers.

Or.... maybe there will be a 30xx thats the next lower tier and in my price range.

I need something better for MW5, Starwars Squadrons, and honestly... even Battletech recommends a card slightly better than what I have.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:51 PM

i almost never sell my old stuff anyway. it just gets moved into the previous rig. my cnc/3d printer/retro gaming/backup server rig currently runs a 1060. mom got the 750ti and i got a 560 in my media center. i get a new card and everything gets an upgrade. when i have more computers than i need then the bottom one gets scrapped for parts.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 September 2020 - 09:53 PM.

#15 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:57 AM

I would not recommend any 20 series cards, and hold off on the 30 series until they fix the kinks, like within a year or two. The 20 series (my opinion), is just an intro to the new features "rtx", and more for the future. People are going to sell the 20 series like crazy, and buyers will never know what that card been through. No one will spend over a thousand for a 20 series in a store, when they can get a 30 series for same price. We all know why cards went very pricy, due to the bitcoin and couldn't keep a Nvidia card on the shelves. Why you see Amd cards less than half the price. Getting a new video card, will not change the graphics for MWO (CPU intensive), but will for other, like MW5 and other games/simulators. 20 series are garbage, while 30 series are made up of flaws "Bricks". Be prepared to purchase a massive wattage power supply for a 30 series card, and knowing your power bill is going to sky rocket every month also, bottlenecking. A lot has happened in the last month due badly flawed "Bricks" video cards, market that even some (CEO's and other) have taken their own lives. But I might have to change to AMD for video cards. Something is off on Nvidia atm, and it doesn't look good. Brick cards, pricing and other. When you get a updated video driver, it is mostly for the 30 series cards now. But, in all, I would wait for the 40 series cards, or what ever Nvidia will call it. Hopefully the card will be a fix for all the problems they has done to the markets, and customers (They will need to). Some customers do not care, and mess things up. They have the money, and wanting to be ahead of the game. I recall soon after a Nvidia card came out into the markets, peoples computers will end up on fire, or very, very hot, shuts off computers. Some even spent $10 thousand on a 30 series card. Some waited (camping) for a week at the stores. May look good on their part, but they do not know the damage they are doing to Nvidia, markets and other.

If anyone goes out for a 30 series. The Gigabyte Eagle, is the best atm.

My Evga 1080ti FTW3 does great (Cuda Cores and more), but I do look into video cards. But will never buy em, unless they are worth getting.

Edited by GuardDogg, 12 October 2020 - 12:20 PM.

#16 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 October 2020 - 03:01 PM

since 2014 I be wanting some type of test equipment to test MWO

I am considering a 3070 but mostly for the ability to test and display

but like you said to take full advantage you will probably have to upgrade your PS and your display

and I still cant find out if its traceable to NIST https://www.nist.gov/

Battle(non)sense's latest video

I only heard about problems with the 3080 GPUs, I wonder if it applies to all 30 series GPUs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users