10 Minutes For Playing?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:31 AM

So 2 minutes was not enough of an annoyance, I get a ten minute penalty for who knows what... I did not leave early, and 1 point of team damage is maybe what happens when someone runs into my stationary mech.

I realize PGI hates it's customers so good job, right back at ya.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:44 AM

Disconnects? Teamkills? Reports?

#3 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:50 AM

Looks like this thread was posted in the wrong section, so I've moved it to General Discussion

#4 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:29 PM

You might have received that penalty late back from the match you had played BEFORE your last match.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:33 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 24 November 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

There are computers that fall with the max specs needed, then there are computers in that same boat which are not stable. Over the last 2 years I may had 3 sets of series of crashes which was caused the OS behavior (Fast Insider Program - 2nd system , redoing OC settings or major OS update which reinitialized OS driver updates.

If you are getting long penalties then you are having multiple disconnects/crashes and/or team damage/killing that is building up.

https://mwomercs.com...-1432-03nov2015

This link is for team killing/damage penalty patch below.

https://mwomercs.com...-1458-15mar2016

Team Kill/Team Damage Penalty System

The automated penalty system releasing in this patch is intended to penalize players who consistently engage in play behavior that results in Team Kills and/or excessive amounts of Team Damage.

The following actions will trigger this penalty system:

1 Team Kill = 1 Penalty strike

x amount of Team Damage = 1 Penalty strike

The damage threshold required for receiving a Penalty strike for Team Damage will not be made public at this time.

Multiple Penalty strikes can be received in a single match.

The breakdown of the current penalty levels follow the same structure as the existing Disconnect Penalty system:

• First Penalty: 10 second delay for next matchmaking search.

• Second Penalty: 2 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

• Third Penalty: 5 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

Fourth Penalty: 10 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

• Fifth Penalty: 20 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

Each subsequent penalty beyond the Fifth will also enforce a 20 minute penalty.

Penalty levels reset every 4 hours.

All of the above values are tune-able, and may be subject to change depending on how the system plays out in the general population.

Along with this new Penalty System, every point of Team Damage you inflict will now incur a -21 C-Bill penalty to your End of Round rewards.

Disconnect Penalty System

The automated penalty system releasing in this patch is intended to penalize players for intentionally disconnecting from matches in which the player has not yet been destroyed. Once a match has been found and you are placed into the map and game mode voting screen outlined above, all 24 players are considered to be 'in' an active match. If a player disconnects from the match prior to the destruction of their 'Mech, whether they are still within the voting screen or in the match itself, the player will have 3 minutes to reconnect before a disconnect penalty level is applied. If they reconnect to the match before the 3 minute timer expires, no penalty level will be applied. Once a player has been flagged with a penalty level a delay to their next matchmaking search will be enforced (whether solo or group). The duration of the delay is determined by the current penalty level.

For cases where the disconnect was not intentional, the 3 minute timer is intended to provide players with sufficient time to re-join the match in question. If circumstances prevent a successful re-join within that 3 minutes, the first penalty level is a mere 10 second delay toward the next matchmaking search. It is only when a player purposefully disconnects from multiple matches that the real penalties will begin to pile up.

This is a breakdown of the current penalty levels:

• First Disconnect: 10 second delay for next matchmaking search

• Second Disconnect: 2 minute delay for next matchmaking search

• Third Disconnect: 5 minute delay for next matchmaking search

Fourth Disconnect: 10 minute delay for next matchmaking search

• Fifth Disconnect: 20 minute delay for next matchmaking search

Each subsequent disconnect beyond the Fifth Disconnect will also enforce a 20 minute penalty.

Penalty levels reset every 4 hours.

All of the above values are tune-able, and may be subject to change depending on how the system plays out in the general population.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 September 2020 - 06:39 PM.

#6 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:52 PM

Yes wonderful - tonight I had a game of moon walking, then the next game I lose connection as soon as I entered the lobby. I suspect it was a vivaldi update and the way windows 10 misbehaves, or even logitech. So I restarted the client, hoping that I would get in before I incurred the BS 2 minute window so no rewards for you, but more importantly to at least try to help my team. And there is this FN 10 seconds countdown before I can get back in. Oh I made it, I managed to get into the fight.

So the above legalese looking nonsense explains not a lot to me, especially because during the beta (you know, back when I played before the constant crashes on release made this game unplayable) there was the phantom connection caused by the matchmaker, and from what I have read that still goes on.

Now seriously, who the actual FIRETRUCK is going to disco and tank a match?

Why are you PGI still screwing my gameplay over?

#7 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:56 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 07 September 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Looks like you got a penalty for disconnecting four matches in a row.
Sounds like your router or ISP screwed you over.

That's the kind of customer blaming I expect.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:53 AM

stop shooting through your team. maybe that will help.

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:58 AM

View PostBeorning, on 08 September 2020 - 02:56 AM, said:

That's the kind of customer blaming I expect.

You need to learn that it is not necessarily PGI that is at fault here. If you have a bad connection, there's jack they can do about it.

#10 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 06:31 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 08 September 2020 - 04:53 AM, said:

stop shooting through your team. maybe that will help.

You assume too much.

Edited by Beorning, 08 September 2020 - 06:32 AM.

#11 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:59 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 08 September 2020 - 04:58 AM, said:

You need to learn that it is not necessarily PGI that is at fault here. If you have a bad connection, there's jack they can do about it.

I just listened to 2 team mates yelling at each other for friendly fire, shortly before I watched everybody slide show for a bit. Certainly seems like a server problem, like the server synch problems of the beta. So what exactly am I supposed to do about this? Other than try and play peacemaker, which I did. It seems to me this is surely PGI's fault - so before the happy forum police come and delete this for not being positive or rosy enough...

#12 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,408 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:19 AM

2 minute penalty is just a slap on your wrist...

We know of games that penalise you 30 minutes (or more!)... so MWO's 2 minutes is a small penalty...

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:31 PM

Absolutely no problems on my end. No matter what server. So tell me, what am I doing right that you are doing wrong?

#14 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,408 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:32 PM

A taste of our own medicine...our router kept acting up today (overheating/rebooting??), with disconnects in almost every other game.

First got 2 minute penalty, then got 10 minute penalty, and now we got the 20 minute penalty for disconnects.

So how high can this penalty go?

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:19 PM

View PostBeorning, on 08 September 2020 - 06:31 AM, said:

You assume too much.

accidental team kills happen, often without you noticing. somone walked into your strike or you winged a heavily damaged friendly with 2 damage and it blew up. and there certainly has been a lot of team damage lately.

that said the list of offences that lead to auto-bans is short, so no matter what it is you are doing, its something bad that should be frowned on.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 September 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:33 PM

View Postw0qj, on 08 September 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

2 minute penalty is just a slap on your wrist...

We know of games that penalise you 30 minutes (or more!)... so MWO's 2 minutes is a small penalty...

mwo system is designed to punish repeat offenders. you have to break the rules a lot to get a 30 minute ban.

#17 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:06 AM

Sometimes you get punished for crashing or network issues but it's no big deal and on the whole it's improved the game IMO, just deal with it.

#18 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:32 AM

Trying the reset modem, seems to be taking forever to find my ethernet.

#19 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:24 PM

View PostBeorning, on 09 September 2020 - 03:32 AM, said:

Trying the reset modem, seems to be taking forever to find my ethernet.

Wired or Wireless?
Check the connections.
Unplug router and modem, or gateway (combo m/r) for 30 secs then plug back in.
Flush DNS
Remove extra splitters (shudders, a horror story there..)

And correct, Windows 10 updates by default will also update device drivers, and that does not always go well. It can be disabled but it requires a few hoops to jump through, and a major Windows update could reset it back to default.

And occasionally I advise to utilize one or two different VPN, for troubleshooting in the chance that the issue is between your ISP and MWO servers, a VPN could potentially reroute the path the signal takes, bypassing a troublesome router system.

But the penalties themselves came into play at a time when a player could earn okay points/cbillsd, etc by doing nothing, and disconnecting followed by troublemakers shooting up teammates, etc. Is the 3 minute reconnect too short? For most it is, 4 minutes might be a better target but PGI stopped taking back that type of feedback sometime ago.

#20 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:53 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 09 September 2020 - 03:06 AM, said:

Sometimes you get punished for crashing or network issues but it's no big deal and on the whole it's improved the game IMO, just deal with it.

if you are getting crashes try running the game in full window. fullscreen can be crashy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users