The Reason Why I Hate Clan Medium Pulse Lasers!

43 replies to this topic

#21 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:25 AM

Been hot garbage for awhile now.

#22 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:31 AM

cognitive dissonance

#23 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:18 PM

(ironic font)Yeah we know, Just check Jarls (/ironic font)

Though not on the topic, and possibly a projection

Nor contributing to the discussion

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 11 September 2020 - 06:19 PM.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,781 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:06 PM

this is like the thing where im convinced that firing ppcs in group fire is a guarantee that none of them will hit. true? doubtfull, but it sure as hell seems that way. but ever since i put my warhawk on 2 groups of 2 both in chain fire mode, and started alternating my buttons, i found that said warhawk was a monster.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 September 2020 - 10:07 PM.

#25 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:07 PM

Clan Pulse Lasers run much cooler which is an advantage, especially if you focus fire many of these at the same time.
Better sustained brawling.

I'm comparing Medium Pulse Lasers vs ER-Medium Lasers.
The latter runs much hotter.
The former is much heavier for game balancing.

#26 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:49 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 11 September 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

(ironic font)Yeah we know, Just check Jarls (/ironic font)

Though not on the topic, and possibly a projection

Nor contributing to the discussion

wrong.. go frame by frame that video, and the firs or second hit is a smile drawn from left torso to center. When the evidence is RIGHT THERE and you refuse to see it. The OP can think he's a great shot but if you can not see what is wrong with it then you are a scrub.

#27 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:03 AM

View PostBeorning, on 12 September 2020 - 04:49 AM, said:

wrong.. go frame by frame that video, and the firs or second hit is a smile drawn from left torso to center. When the evidence is RIGHT THERE and you refuse to see it. The OP can think he's a great shot but if you can not see what is wrong with it then you are a scrub.

Whats that got to do with cognitive dissonance
Are you saying this game hasn't got network issues
Plenty of times I shot the front only for the rear to get damaged, if I get damage at all.

#28 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:48 AM

View PostBeorning, on 11 September 2020 - 10:31 AM, said:

cognitive dissonance

You do realise using "cognitive dissonance" as an argument is ironic as doing so is a form of cognitive dissonance.

#29 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:21 AM

look at the film [redacted]. THEN tell me I am wrong. And NO I am not claiming the game is perfect, FFS I am talking about the actual film the guy posted, and while he may be a good shot it is clear that it in no way shape or form happened the way he thinks it does.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 September 2020 - 11:28 PM.

#30 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:46 AM

View PostBeorning, on 12 September 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

look at the film [redacted]. THEN tell me I am wrong.

You're wrong.

Want me to spell it out for you:
Spoiler

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 September 2020 - 11:28 PM.

#31 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

Beorning said:

look at the film [redacted]. THEN tell me I am wrong.

Looking at the video and seeing what you said about the video's content is indeed not necessarily incorrect but doing so has no bearing on whether or not you made an incorrect reference to "cognitive dissonance" there. It would appear that others think that you used that terminology incorrectly or in another word: wrong ... as in "You are wrong".

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 September 2020 - 11:29 PM.

#32 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:15 AM

View PostDer Geisterbaer, on 12 September 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

Looking at the video and seeing what you said about the video's content is indeed not necessarily incorrect but doing so has no bearing on whether or not you made an incorrect reference to "cognitive dissonance" there. It would appear that others think that you used that terminology incorrectly or in another word: wrong ... as in "You are wrong".

I could be wrong, I assumed people could actually see what is going on in the clip, and refused to acknowledge it. Where the reality is they just didn't look, so my bad.

#33 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:45 AM

Beorning said:

I could be wrong, I assumed people could actually see what is going on in the clip, and refused to acknowledge it.

You are wrong (on various things other than that what you are stubbornly focussed) and you are falling into the pittraps of fallacious reasoning.

Beorning said:

Where the reality is they just didn't look, so my bad.

Your "bad" still isn't about anyone looking or not looking at the video and its content. Your bad still is that you used the terminology "cognictive dissonance" without leaving the impression of you actually knowing what those two words are supposed to mean.

Suggestion: Watch this video
(the relevant part start at about 5:55 to 5:56) then come back.

Edited by Der Geisterbaer, 13 September 2020 - 03:46 AM.

#34 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:00 AM

Before I watch that let's try a short form..
If someone's video shows the shots nowhere near as accurate as they think it is, what is that called then.

#35 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:17 AM

There are several possibilities how you could call that. "Cognitive dissonance" is not one of them. Oh btw. What was that about people not even looking at videos? ;)

#36 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:18 AM

View PostDer Geisterbaer, on 13 September 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

There are several possibilities how you could call that. "Cognitive dissonance" is not one of them. Oh btw. What was that about people not even looking at videos? Posted Image

Ok , if the idea of being wrong means not even considering a close look at the video,, how is that not cognitive dissonance?

#37 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:44 AM

View PostBeorning, on 13 September 2020 - 05:18 AM, said:

Ok , if the idea of being wrong means not even considering a close look at the video,, how is that not cognitive dissonance?

That falls under an assumption:
The hypothesis appears correct but when subject to closer inspection produces irregularities not consistent with itself.

Your argument of it being cognitive dissonance is, in fact, an example of cognitive dissonance:
You want it to be cognitive dissonance so you claim it is, even though it is not. Either that or you're making an assumption about what cognitive dissonance is and using it incorrectly.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 13 September 2020 - 08:47 AM.

#38 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 01:31 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 13 September 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

That falls under an assumption:

The hypothesis appears correct but when subject to closer inspection produces irregularities not consistent with itself.

Your argument of it being cognitive dissonance is, in fact, an example of cognitive dissonance:

You want it to be cognitive dissonance so you claim it is, even though it is not. Either that or you're making an assumption about what cognitive dissonance is and using it incorrectly.

What irregularities? What does that statement even mean?

I found no information backing up your claim that mentioning cognitive dissonance is a form of cognitive dissonance, so I conclude that you are being hip, especially since you mention irony. The real irony will happen when you see the smiley face that laser draws on the second burst or so.

This thread started with someone 'believing' there is an inherent problem with med pulse lasers and providing an example to back it up, but the data shows a different story when looked at objectively.

What do you call it then other then cognitive dissonance?

From wikipedia...
"Examples include “explaining things away” or rejecting new information that conflicts with their existing beliefs "

If you prefer...
https://www.britanni...tive-dissonance

Did this not happen?

View PostRkshz, on 09 September 2020 - 05:21 AM, said:

on the first shot, only one beam passed the target

the second shot completely hit

= 84.5 dmg on CT

mpl are bad - don't look for a reason where there is none, because there is mathematics

https://www.twitch.t...uredWhalePupper

And then there's Oz chiming in with complaints about 'poorly optimized netcode'. Which is just piling on without actually looking at the data. And I'm the one contributing nothing. Oh but good thing he later mentions the statistics circle jerk as if that itself is an answer to anything, or that I should concern myself greatly with tier or position on the list, perhaps that is how some of you measure your amusement.

He then goes on...

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 12 September 2020 - 05:03 AM, said:

Whats that got to do with cognitive dissonance

Are you saying this game hasn't got network issues

Plenty of times I shot the front only for the rear to get damaged, if I get damage at all.

You could troll the old forums and find me complaining about network issues. Probably even recently, but go ahead and make a straw man; I am sure somebody here will claim it is not a strawman.

He then describes what can happen with latency. Which I had mentioned earlier in the thread, but he seems to confuse it with network issues. But look, he beat up that strawman real good!

View PostDer Geisterbaer, on 13 September 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

There are several possibilities how you could call that. "Cognitive dissonance" is not one of them. Oh btw. What was that about people not even looking at videos? Posted Image

You could of at least linked wiki pedia instead of cherry picking five seconds. It is also hilarious because prior to that little bit is a bit on 'Argument From Authority' which sounds like what you are trying to do, except you are not an authority. (Maybe it's the way you germans present yourself, perhaps it is unintentional, or maybe it's just you two, you know, Baloo and Spirit Bear, you might just be pretending to be German how would I know, I would not want to make an assumption.) When you use a link to someone who debunks flat earthers, you are getting a short form about cognitive dissonance with a slant toward arguing with flat earthers. I am going to make another assumption and assume you get that there is more to it.

#39 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,781 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:39 PM

only slightly related. i found myself in an exceptionally laggy match on the oc server last night. i was in an srm mech, dealing with a flea. i had to aim like 3 fleas in front of it to score hits. normally its only 2 fleas.

#40 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:38 PM

View PostBeorning, on 13 September 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

You could troll the old forums and find me complaining about network issues.

Hows that possible?
According to Jarls you have been playing for one month. Expect us to know your an alt account.
Why not post under your old account so I can troll the forums as you say.

I speak of new code from experience

Yep

You speak negatively of those who critique the game like some white knight, and have only been here a month according to Jarls.
PGI lurked Reddit, why not their own forums lol

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 14 September 2020 - 05:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users