23 replies to this topic

#21 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:23 AM

Just had this one now-

[color=#FFFFFF]Posted Image[/color]

The tonnage was totally fair and balanced and the other team should easily have been able to use their skill to overpower an almost 60% tonnage discrepancy.

Or this one:

[color=#FFFFFF]Posted Image[/color]

Down by ~150t, my team did around 5500 damage to their 3900. Sure, more accurate shooting gets kills and all that... but the last few of my team just ran out of ammo. The health pool difference decided the match that was actually a fairly good game all in all.

#22 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:36 AM

@Crazytimes

I think if you look at the second screen shot and saw who did most of the damage and got most of the kills in the match it wasn't necessarily the assaults and heavies. . .

#23 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:06 AM

Nice match examples, but look closer at the stats there. In the first pic only alpha lance on the dead team has (a lot!) of capture time, whereas your team all had a second. Seems to me like alpha completely ignored their team mates and did their own thing, then lost. Shocker. Second match losing team had poor performances from two of their Assault 'Mechs, but still only lost marginally. Then again, how effective was that damage? If all those high damage 'Mechs were missile boats not very much. That's more an issue of unfortunate build selection than tonnage.

Edited by RickySpanish, 17 September 2020 - 10:10 AM.

#24 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 17 September 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

Nice match examples, but look closer at the stats there. In the first pic only alpha lance on the dead team has (a lot!) of capture time, whereas your team all had a second. Seems to me like alpha completely ignored their team mates and did their own thing, then lost.

It was domination on Caustic, my team just ran straight into their main body and roflstomped. My team just took a while to get to the circle. The weight disparity was ridiculous.

Second match losing team had poor performances from two of their Assault 'Mechs, but still only lost marginally. Then again, how effective was that damage? If all those high damage 'Mechs were missile boats not very much. That's more an issue of unfortunate build selection than tonnage.

Not LRMs boats. I was running streaks, pretty sure the MadDog was SRMs, not sure on the huntsman. MadDog and I both ran out of ammo chewing through their assaults.

I've only ran dry on my build twice, and both were over 1000 damage, no strikes. For QP in a 45t medium, I'd say +1000 dmg of ammo isn't a terrible build. Ack it's not pinpoint damage- but if we weren't giving up 140t and the ~1000 potential health pool that comes with that weight, the game would definitely have ended differently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users