6 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:59 AM

Ever wonder if half the planet woke up one morning and said to itself, "Today I'm going to be an idiot!".

Now I can say that the guy in Florida who set his jeep on fire because it had aliens in it as basic insanity. The woman who told me that "History should be taught how it should have been because the facts are the facts." with being hit by a stupid stick. Then there was the young lady who was warned to stay away from the fence because the "Bull" would get her, to which she protested "But it's a girl cow and your being insensitive to her feelings." Guess she could not tell that those were not utters hanging there or the horns. It out to be common sense not to take a selfie with a Bison, yet people still try.

Perhaps it's disjunction with the real world or backward thinking.

Which brings me to the topic. A kid was attending "virtual" schooling and had a Nerf Gun in his room. The police were called to deal with the situation. Come on people, it's a Nerf Gun. What was he going to do, aim it at the screen at a classmate and shoot the screen with a foam dart thereby killing thousands of people. Common sense got flung out the window. As one person put it, although I don't agree with her, "If Biden were President instead of Trump people would not be allowed to have deadly weapon like that!". Come on, if' a freaking Nerf, and politics have nothing to do with it. So, we continue the insanity. "I'm sure it was illegal." Considering all of that, and the Hell that kid must be going through, not to mention his parents, I be he's glad he did not enjoy a spicy beef breakfast taco before getting on a Florida School But and blast an eye watering scorcher.

Hey people, Fail Army is not a training video!

#2 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:25 AM

Yep... There are people out there whose brain is always stuck on some kind of distorted paranoia, or inability to determine something, or even a state of over-inclusiveness/over-tolerance unto such point of others being able to see that the person lacks something called "Common Sense" in their head. :(

The example which you have here of someone going nuts over another child's Nerf Gun Toy shows this even more. One should easily know that a Nerf Gun Toy can do literally NO harm from the other end of a virtual stream. Even further, without an extreme accident and/or super-malicious intent happening, Nerf Toy Guns also can NEVER do any harm to other people, period! -_-

And that brings us to the sad finality of the whole situation. If these "Paranoid Liberal Lunatics" (for lack of a better classification, as I have learned that NOT all of them are Democrats) get away with taking away all kinds of guns — be they either virtual, toy, or real — from law-abiding citizens, then it will end up that only the police and law-breakers will have them, as the law-breakers will STILL be able to acquire guns from wherever the hell it is that they get them. That will give the law-breakers free reign to take over regions, and you can rest assured that they WILL subsequently oppress, rob, extort, and/or kill the law-abiding people within. You don't want to know what "Mob/Mafia Rule" would be like in this day and age. Once it hits that point, the police are definitely NOT going to be able to protect everyone, sad to say... and the current climate of things is already making it hard for them, but taking away the law-abiding citizens' ability to have the weapons in order to defend themselves is NEVER the answer. :o

Kalimaster, you can rest assured that I understand where you're coming from about this whole mess with people and their mental disconnection from reality, Nerf Toy Guns included! :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "If someone's flipping out over Nerf Toy Guns at all, then they're in need of Psychiatric Help already!" Devnull

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:59 AM

Thank you. Just heard of another one, a kid which was known to have COVID was forced to return to school by his parents. Feel sorry for the kid, parents, well, I don't know what to say....

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:56 AM

I just got to see the article on that one too. I do not get why those parents did something so 'mentally backwards' either. The parents effectively caused unnecessary damage to the School's Learning Process for another 30 (or possibly more) people. It simply NEVER makes any sense to send a sick child to school, even on the first day, and they should have called the child in as being sick, regardless of any Rules/Regulations on attendance. Heck, it makes me wonder what could push the parents into sending their child to school. Could it have been Lawmakers and/or a School District's Rules being too restrictive about something? Could it be State and/or Federal Laws preventing the parents from going to their jobs (if they so happen to be a dual-income type of family situation) because they're not allowed to leave a child still of young age alone at home, even for the School-related stuff? Could it be that the parents are overloaded from having their child at home for so long in the current situation of things, and they would be so insane as to take any chance which they thought that they had of getting away from their child for a while? Did they not understand that a School has no usable measures for having a child infected with any sickness on the campus, and that the real rule is for any infected person to remain at home? There's so many other questions as well that could be asked in regard to this matter. :(

~Mr. D. V. "even this education-related madness provokes thought and/or curiosity on what caused it" Devnull

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:45 AM

considering half the people in the world are below average intelligence, thats what happens every day.

our state has also had kids get in trouble for having firearms in their virtual classrooms. its freaking alaska, everyone and their mother has a firearm. like those .50 cal bear pistols (its a 5 shot revolver not to be confused with the desert eagle), the only pistol with the stopping power to put down a charging kodiak or polar bear in one shot.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 September 2020 - 07:55 AM.

#6 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:20 AM

In Alaska you need that kind of firepower. It's not just bears, but I must agree, bears can be a considerable threat. Most of the time an animal attack (unless it's a Pit Bull) does not make the national news. Even a Black Bear can be dangerous, but they are nothing compared to a Kodiak that may decide you look tasty during a late night forage...a no screen door is going to stop one when they want in.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:51 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 21 September 2020 - 07:20 AM, said:

In Alaska you need that kind of firepower. It's not just bears, but I must agree, bears can be a considerable threat. Most of the time an animal attack (unless it's a Pit Bull) does not make the national news. Even a Black Bear can be dangerous, but they are nothing compared to a Kodiak that may decide you look tasty during a late night forage...a no screen door is going to stop one when they want in.

se mostly got little kitten bears (black bears) where i live. we have actually had a lot of them in town this year, but nobody has gotten mauled by one just yet. i mean it does happen, there are a couple bear attacks on the news every year. and the things that will kill you are not limited to bears. i think moose are actually worse. and not four blocks from where i live i saw a huge stellar sea lion snoozing on the docks that could probably flatten you if you messed with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users