Change Spawns For Merged Queues

4 replies to this topic

#1 TriggerHappyPacifist

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle Eastside

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:22 PM

Can you please put mechs into Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie lances based on weight regardless of the groups?

I won't play slow assault mechs as a PUG anymore because I get left in the dust by my lance mates.

The group players will find each other. They don't need to drop in the same lance.

PLEASE!!! I miss my Annihilator :)

#2 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:07 AM

Alternatively, if you temporarly assume leadership and manually put the classes together, everybody else in the drop is pissed at you. Butsince everybody is constantly lit about the matchmaker in general anyway, a little more heat wouldn't hurt PGI, so I'd go with your option Posted Image And I mean that with love!

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:27 AM

Manually changing the lance assignment does not change the spawn locations, though. These are predetermined by the initial lance assignments. So, if drops were sorted by weight class, the groups could temporarily assume leadership and sort themselves where they like to be, but assaults would drop in Charlie or Bravo spawn, depending on the number present, as it should be.

#4 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:23 PM

All the spawns are close enough to join up.... if your lance is moving fast... get with the other lances.

The lance split really has zero benefit (IMO), other than the lance in formation rewards and when those are part of challenges.
Otherwise... seems like everyone ends up playing as a team (or individual lol), and not a 4 pack.

#5 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:30 AM

View Postchevy42083, on 15 September 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

All the spawns are close enough to join up.... if your lance is moving fast... get with the other lances.

The lance split really has zero benefit (IMO), other than the lance in formation rewards and when those are part of challenges.
Otherwise... seems like everyone ends up playing as a team (or individual lol), and not a 4 pack.

Forming "murderball" is often a very effective strategy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users