Backseat Driver Needed

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:33 AM

After multiple urges to delete my account or give it away or downright hurting myself out of frustration I have to decide wether I have to let go of Battletech for good. I love the franchise to the death and I'd love to be able to contribute anything to it since I always really need a reason to be able to be a part of something, to earn my place.

Well, not that I don't have the feeling I have earned anything except rock bottom for the last 2 years (roughly). The occasional or rather rare scratch at 1k damage or being the MVP of the own team or the whole match is getting less and less frequent, even after the skill reset.

Being out for work for 14h every day and being on standby for basically the rest of the time doesn't make it easier. But at that point I either step up my game or I drop everything for good.

I'd prefer the first. But I need some help to get there. I have propsed this years ago (together with some other, at least what I have considered them to be, really good ideas) in the request sections about implement this backseat driver view when you are dead to the extent, that you can invite a friend before the match to sit with you during the match. His mic would only be heard by you. I guessed it would have a good effect on new players (or useless +8k match chumps like I am) to have a coach 121 in your ear that sees what you see (or don't see!).

Since this is not happening I wanted to ask if someone would drop a few matches with me that I would like to find a way to stream them for someone to see and maybe communicate over discord? Or that I would make screen recordings and I would have an after match video review? At that point I really need a coach to get forward.

Regarding timezone I guess I'd rather consider European players ( I have time mostly evenings 1930+) and I don't mind German, but my French would not be good enough for that. And I don't know any Latin streamers anyway ("Custodite animas vestras! Hostes habet Fafnir!") What's the Latin word for Gauss canon? Jaculator pila metallicum?

Anyways. I don't mind to compensate the poor soul that will take upon this endeavor. Please let me know if there is hope for me and would like to tackle this Sixteenth Chappel Posted Image

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

#2 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:01 AM

Rocking the bottom?
I took a look to Jarl, just to have a better idea of your problem, and your stats are good average, not hard bottom.

Not sure If I could be of some help, not being the best player in the world, but if you broadcast or posdcast (play back is easier for me), please let's know where to go here so we can have a look and give some feedbacks.

edit:
What would you say that you "feel" as the main thing that prevent you from... achieving your goal (MVP IIAC)?

Edited by RRAMIREZ, 15 September 2020 - 05:47 AM.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:24 AM

View PostRRAMIREZ, on 15 September 2020 - 04:01 AM, said:

Rocking the bottom?
I took a look to Jarl, just to have a better idea of your problem, and your stats are good average, not hard bottom.

He had 0.7 WLR and 0.6 KDR for the month of Aug, so I can understand it feeling bad. Per my previous posts, when the matchmaker puts people in this extreme an WLR, the player attrition rate goes up by 300%.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6339434

#4 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:59 AM

View PostHurbie, on 15 September 2020 - 02:33 AM, said:

After multiple urges to delete my account or give it away or downright hurting myself out of frustration I have to decide wether I have to let go of Battletech for good. I love the franchise to the death and I'd love to be able to contribute anything to it since I always really need a reason to be able to be a part of something, to earn my place.

Well, not that I don't have the feeling I have earned anything except rock bottom for the last 2 years (roughly). The occasional or rather rare scratch at 1k damage or being the MVP of the own team or the whole match is getting less and less frequent, even after the skill reset.

Being out for work for 14h every day and being on standby for basically the rest of the time doesn't make it easier. But at that point I either step up my game or I drop everything for good.

I'd prefer the first. But I need some help to get there. I have propsed this years ago (together with some other, at least what I have considered them to be, really good ideas) in the request sections about implement this backseat driver view when you are dead to the extent, that you can invite a friend before the match to sit with you during the match. His mic would only be heard by you. I guessed it would have a good effect on new players (or useless +8k match chumps like I am) to have a coach 121 in your ear that sees what you see (or don't see!).

Since this is not happening I wanted to ask if someone would drop a few matches with me that I would like to find a way to stream them for someone to see and maybe communicate over discord? Or that I would make screen recordings and I would have an after match video review? At that point I really need a coach to get forward.

Regarding timezone I guess I'd rather consider European players ( I have time mostly evenings 1930+) and I don't mind German, but my French would not be good enough for that. And I don't know any Latin streamers anyway ("Custodite animas vestras! Hostes habet Fafnir!") What's the Latin word for Gauss canon? Jaculator pila metallicum?

Anyways. I don't mind to compensate the poor soul that will take upon this endeavor. Please let me know if there is hope for me and would like to tackle this Sixteenth Chappel Posted Image

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

I'm no use to you but I'm aware from his posts in the Mechwarrior online Solaris Facebook group that Ash is both a well regarded player and is willing to help out others with backseat type drops. I think he is on the reddit group as well.

#5 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 15 September 2020 - 07:45 AM

View PostNightbird, on 15 September 2020 - 06:24 AM, said:

He had 0.7 WLR and 0.6 KDR for the month of Aug, so I can understand it feeling bad. Per my previous posts, when the matchmaker puts people in this extreme an WLR, the player attrition rate goes up by 300%.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6339434

OK, I see what you (both) mean now.

Edit:
I don't feel it this way (even if I can have period with this kind of numbers), but what I feel is not the point.
Sorry

Edited by RRAMIREZ, 15 September 2020 - 07:46 AM.

#6 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:57 AM

If you are not having fun it is time to take a break.

I hope you find what you need, I hate to lose another player - I will guess you already watched the popular kids on you tube. Of course joining a friendly group / unit / clan is going to do a lot for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users