Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

Current Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD A8-7600
Graphic Card: AMD Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+
Radeon Software 19.12.2
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB DDR3-2400
Motherboard: Asus A88X-Pro
System set to High Performance
I have the integrated graphic disabled, and now is using the dedicated graphic card
Running MWO Client 64bit
DX11
FPS: 20-30
CPU Freq During Game: 3.7GHz

System Components Image:
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

MWO Video Settings:

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Windowed Mode: Full Window
Direct x Version: DX11
Motion Blue: Off
V-Sync: Off
Damage Glow: On

Effects: High
Object detail: High
Particles: Low
Post Processing: Medium
Shading: High
Shadows: Low
Texturing: High
Environment: High
Anti-Aliasing: Off

I have ready many post about low FPS with MWO and tried several things with out much difference. Originally I use using the integrated graphics on the AMD A8-7600. From Memory I was getting usually less than 30fps. I noticed that the integrated graphics was at 100% when playing. I decided to purchase a faster dedicated graphic card.

With the new graphics card listed above the fps increase a little but not much. Now the graphic card usage is between 45-50%. The CPU usage is about 70-80%. Before I thought I was limited by using the integrated graphics because it was at 100%. Now with the new dedicated graphic card, I would expect the CPU to increase to 100% but it is not.

I have tried adjusting game settings, try installing user.cfg file from based on NARC BAIT FORUM POST.

I noticed that turning the HUD off I gained 15-20fps.

I would like to get around 60fps with a low of 30fps, should this be possible with my current computer setup.
Is there any way to optimize the HUD in the game?
I am wondering if I had a faster CPU such as the AMD A10-7860K if that would help?
Any other suggestions would be great.

Edited by Orbisec, 04 January 2020 - 11:54 AM.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 04 January 2020 - 07:23 PM

View PostOrbisec, on 04 January 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

Current Computer Specs:
Radeon Software 19.12.2
I have the integrated graphic disabled, and now is using the dedicated graphic card
Running MWO Client 64bit
DX11

System Components Image:

MWO Video Settings:

The CPU is likely still the bottleneck. If you can find a cheap A10 I say go for it but don't expect the world. Maybe an extra 10-15FPS. First things first though, if you haven't done it already replace the stock fan or you'll throttle.

I run an AMD A10-7700K and with integrated graphics and the best I got was 30-40FPS.

Since cross-firing it with an R7-250 I now get up to ~45 nothing remarkable but it's much more stable.

#3 Orbisec

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the response. I am hoping others have a similar setup so I know what fps they are getting.

I currently not running the stock cooler and have an oversized cooler (Scythe Kotetsu SCKTT-1000). I was looking at getting an A10 series and possibility overclocking it.

Are you using the R7-250 dual graphics (cross-firing) with the A10 integrated APU? I was trying to do that about 1 year ago and had a lot of problems running mwo on the dual graphics. I do not remember all of the issues, but I could not get mwo to use dual graphics. I could get benchmarks to use dual graphics but not mwo.

Did you need to have any user.cfg file to allow mwo to use dual graphics?

#4 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:31 PM

View PostOrbisec, on 05 January 2020 - 10:09 AM, said:

Are you using the R7-250 dual graphics (cross-firing) with the A10 integrated APU? I was trying to do that about 1 year ago and had a lot of problems running mwo on the dual graphics. I do not remember all of the issues, but I could not get mwo to use dual graphics. I could get benchmarks to use dual graphics but not mwo.

Yep, crossing with the APU, I'm running a Mini-ITX build so I've only got the one PCI slot.

Crossfire worked without any additonal config for me. The one thing I will recommend is disabling one of the CatalystCC settings, I found I had a stutter every time I started twisting (gimme a moment to find it).

Edit: Nevermind, I'm being an idiot. You can't crossfire the APU with that graphics card. You can only crossfire your APU with graphics cards using the same architecture so unless you want to significantly downgrade your GPU there's no point (in which case; can I haz).

Won't bother finding the setting for the twist-stutter. Your card is much more powerful so it shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 06 January 2020 - 12:39 PM.

#5 LOBSTERBALLZ

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:04 PM

View PostOrbisec, on 04 January 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

Current Computer Specs:
Radeon Software 19.12.2
Running MWO Client 64bit
DX11

System Components Image:

MWO Video Settings:

I have ready many post about low FPS with MWO and tried several things with out much difference. Originally I use using the integrated graphics on the AMD A8-7600. From Memory I was getting usually less than 30fps. I noticed that the integrated graphics was at 100% when playing. I decided to purchase a faster dedicated graphic card.

With the new graphics card listed above the fps increase a little but not much. Now the graphic card usage is between 45-50%. The CPU usage is about 70-80%. Before I thought I was limited by using the integrated graphics because it was at 100%. Now with the new dedicated graphic card, I would expect the CPU to increase to 100% but it is not.

I have tried adjusting game settings, try installing user.cfg file from based on NARC BAIT FORUM POST.

I noticed that turning the HUD off I gained 15-20fps.

I would like to get around 60fps with a low of 30fps, should this be possible with my current computer setup.
Is there any way to optimize the HUD in the game?
I am wondering if I had a faster CPU such as the AMD A10-7860K if that would help?
Any other suggestions would be great.

Hi man! its an old story that got told many times in this forums.And believe me, its no fanboy talk.
MWO loves intel cpu´s.With an i5, even 2nd generation you gonna have tripple fps.even with your current graphics card.
Dont know exactly why but MWO dosent run so well with amd cpu´s.Also the nvidia logo when you launch the game also dont come without reason ;)
Just to let you know what i have, its nothing special and i run the game everything on very high with postAA

CPU: i5 6600K
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050
Motherboard: Z-170 Gaming K3
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Before that build i also got an amd cpu and radeon graphics card, and i had the same like you.FPS was horrible, you get used
to it sure... but with the new build it was night and day.You can tweak as long as you want with ingame settings, cpu unparking apps, game booster, page file increase etc. you wont achieve the desired effect you looking for.believe me i know what i am
talking about, i struggled the same way for 3 years...

TLDR: Get an intel cpu and an nvidia card, even in the mid budget tier, and you wont have any problems in this game with fps.

#6 Orbisec

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:27 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 06 January 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yep, crossing with the APU, I'm running a Mini-ITX build so I've only got the one PCI slot.

Crossfire worked without any additonal config for me. The one thing I will recommend is disabling one of the CatalystCC settings, I found I had a stutter every time I started twisting (gimme a moment to find it).

Edit: Nevermind, I'm being an idiot. You can't crossfire the APU with that graphics card. You can only crossfire your APU with graphics cards using the same architecture so unless you want to significantly downgrade your GPU there's no point (in which case; can I haz).

Won't bother finding the setting for the twist-stutter. Your card is much more powerful so it shouldn't be an issue.

I originally had the Gigabyte Radeon R7 250 2GB DDR3 OC Version” Video Card - REV 4 which was able to crossfire. I was having issues as mentioned and decided to get a better graphic card Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+.

#7 Orbisec

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

View PostLOBSTERBALLZ, on 06 January 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

Hi man! its an old story that got told many times in this forums.And believe me, its no fanboy talk.
MWO loves intel cpu´s.With an i5, even 2nd generation you gonna have tripple fps.even with your current graphics card.
Dont know exactly why but MWO dosent run so well with amd cpu´s.Also the nvidia logo when you launch the game also dont come without reason Posted Image
Just to let you know what i have, its nothing special and i run the game everything on very high with postAA

CPU: i5 6600K
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050
Motherboard: Z-170 Gaming K3
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Before that build i also got an amd cpu and radeon graphics card, and i had the same like you.FPS was horrible, you get used
to it sure... but with the new build it was night and day.You can tweak as long as you want with ingame settings, cpu unparking apps, game booster, page file increase etc. you wont achieve the desired effect you looking for.believe me i know what i am
talking about, i struggled the same way for 3 years...

TLDR: Get an intel cpu and an nvidia card, even in the mid budget tier, and you wont have any problems in this game with fps.

Thanks for the advice. Yes I read that this game runs better on Intel and Nvidia, just did not think it would be that large of a difference. Good you know your previous experience that you also had bad fps with the AMD CPU and radeon graphics. I was hoping that maybe there was some settings, config files or tweaking that I would be able to do to improve things.

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:33 AM

The problem with most AMD CPUs is their single-core performance. MWO is not set up to make use of numerous threads.

#9 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:54 AM

Hello, i fear your CPU is well underpowered for a game like MWO that likes raw CPU power very much.

I myself switched only recently from a FX8350 to a Ryzen 5 3600 and my minFPS have trippled from around 45 up to 125 at the same of my Settings at the River City Testmap (i did not look for the maxFPS as they were never a Problem) - ingame the Team Setups are to volatile to have a real comparison as there are Mechs or locations on Maps that simply kill the Performance in some Matches and make conclusions hard to come by.

Try out if there is a perfromance change between Full Window and Fullscreen

You can also try some of these things:
Disable Cockpit Glass
Disable Cockpit Monitors
Oh Yeah, disable that fricking white Directional Arrow!!!

Leave Motion Blur off
Disable Damage Glow

Effects Low
Object Detail Medium
Particles Low
Post Processing Low
Shading High
Shadows Low
Texturing High
Environment Low
Anti Aliasing Off

Go with a lower Resolution if nothing else helps...like 1600x900...

...and yeah, in the end you may have to consider upgrading your CPU very much!

Hope something helps!

PS: I have a RX480 Nitro+ 8GB and i think your GPU should be almost as good as mine with maybe 10% difference in the GPU Performance.

Edited by Thorqemada, 04 March 2020 - 09:11 AM.

#10 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

I have played a match at Grim Plexus to see how my Ryzen 3600 behaves ingame and i was very happy.
With my Settings i had above 220 FPS at the start with Dips in the midst of a heavy fight to around 80 FPS the lowest.

My FX8350 dipped well below 30 FPS in certain cases with the same Settings.

I play at 1920x1200
Fullscreen

Disabled Cockpit Glass
Disabled Cockpit Monitors
Disabled Directional Arrow

Motion Blur off
Damage Glow off

Effects Medium
Object Detail Very High
Particles High (bcs PPC shots look bad at medium)
Post Processing Low
Shading Very High
Shadows Medium
Texturing Very High
Environment Low
Anti Aliasing FXAA

Edited by Thorqemada, 05 March 2020 - 12:15 AM.

#11 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:59 AM

I've been using AMD products for years.(decades..)
It does take a lil more 'lovin' to get the performance out of an (older, pre Ryzen II) AMD build, and they do have their limitations.
I 1st built this PC several years ago & recently did my final upgrade to this build, an FX-8370 from an FX-6300

Processor: AMD FX-8370 Black Ed. - 8 Cores @ 4.4 ghz
Cooling: AMD Wraith
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Memory: 16 gig (2 x 8) G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866 @ 933 mhz
Graphics: XFX - Radeon RX 570 8 gig GDDR 5
System Drive: Western Digital 500 Gb Blue SSD
Storage:Drive Hitachi 750 Gb DeskStar 7200 RPM SATA
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500

Funny thing.. MWO is one of the few problematic games.
In other games, from DooM (2016) to Battletech, the Witcher series or OutterWorlds etc.. achieving solid FPS & pretty graphics is easily attainable, but not MWO.
Its a known limitation of the FX & early Ryzen series. You learn to adapt & deal with it, or you lay out the $$$$$ & go Intel.

Things like an ample amount of fast memory w/ tweaked timings, SSD system drives & overclocking the CPU & GPU help a lot!
As for MWO, I find that clocking your AMD CPU to the 4.3 - 4.4 Ghz range (or better) brings MWO to life.

#12 NuclearHydrant

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:12 AM

I have Intel 7700k CPU and Radeon RX580 GPU. I get 50FPS with mid/low settings or 140+ fps with reshade(default+smaa). But thin objects still flicking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users