23 replies to this topic

#1 VexDarkness

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 79 posts
  • Locationthe south

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:16 PM

So I'm getting back into MWO after a break. I decided to snag a new Mech pack, and went for the Clan Assault Blood ASP standard set. Love it! One tough Mech IMO. I did change the loadout a bit (mainly adding LRM10 with Artemis and a Targeting Computer Mark IV). Also beefed up the armor. Can't wait to play again! Posted Image

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:02 PM

View PostVexDarkness, on 19 September 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

So I'm getting back into MWO after a break. I decided to snag a new Mech pack, and went for the Clan Assault Blood ASP standard set. Love it! One tough Mech IMO. I did change the loadout a bit (mainly adding LRM10 with Artemis and a Targeting Computer Mark IV). Also beefed up the armor. Can't wait to play again! Posted Image

Yeah, the easy mode.

#3 VexDarkness

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 79 posts
  • Locationthe south

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:07 PM

View Postmartian, on 19 September 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

Yeah, the easy mode.

?

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:17 PM

View PostVexDarkness, on 19 September 2020 - 08:07 PM, said:

?

The Blood Asp is one of the best Assault 'Mechs in MWO. Posted Image

#5 VexDarkness

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 79 posts
  • Locationthe south

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:19 PM

View Postmartian, on 19 September 2020 - 08:17 PM, said:

The Blood Asp is one of the best Assault 'Mechs in MWO. Posted Image

hahaha Nice. :D

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:23 PM

View PostVexDarkness, on 19 September 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

hahaha Nice. Posted Image

And if I may say, something, delete LRMs and equip more DHS or ammo.

#7 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:16 AM

Dump the LURM's...

#8 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:16 AM

Lose the targeting computer too.

#9 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 September 2020 - 10:22 AM

There's also ECM option in the BAS-A (with JumpJets!) and BAS-B (no JumpJets).
Personally I just wish that there's a C-Bills bonus to above two models, but I digress...

Since it's Omnipods for Blood Asp, you can mix/match to your heart's content!

Do enjoy your shiny new mech ;)

#10 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:10 PM

You'd be surprised how fun a BAS-A with 5x cLBX2s and 3 cFlamers is in the soup queue.

#11 VexDarkness

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 79 posts
  • Locationthe south

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:31 PM

What's wrong with the targeting computer? Doesn't it increase max range? And I like LRMs. heehhehehe

View Postw0qj, on 20 September 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

There's also ECM option in the BAS-A (with JumpJets!) and BAS-B (no JumpJets).
Personally I just wish that there's a C-Bills bonus to above two models, but I digress...

Since it's Omnipods for Blood Asp, you can mix/match to your heart's content!

Do enjoy your shiny new mech Posted Image

Cool, thanks! Yes, still figuring out Omnipods. :D

#12 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:36 PM

TC that size is rare on good builds, really only seen if you have literally nothing else to put in the space. If you like LRMs, then play a dedicated LRM mech. LRMs work best either in obscene numbers, or on a fast moving platform that's good at getting it's own locks with a pilot who also knows how and when to dead-fire. Even in skilled hands, LRMs are one of the worst weapons in the game for getting actual kills however, so if you're choosing to use them- it's strictly for fun. They can put up decent-ish damage numbers at times, but it's spread all over, inefficient damage, so just bear that in mind.

Just throwing a LRM launcher or two onto any old build is a complete waste of tonnage and the kind of stuff that's going to irritate your allies. The reality of MWO tends to be that boating one or two weapon types of similar ranges/cooldowns will always work better than mixed builds where you try to do everything. There are niche cases, such as brawler Atlas/Orion etc that utilize 3 different weapons, but there's specific reasons that works on those particular mechs/builds.

Play what you want, how you want, just be aware there's better and worse ways to do things, and it can be more fun to succeed than to constantly see poor numbers because you're not using a very effective build. If you're not going for wins/kills/teamwork, then ignore everything above and do you.

#13 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 20 September 2020 - 06:49 PM

View PostVexDarkness, on 20 September 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

What's wrong with the targeting computer? Doesn't it increase max range? And I like LRMs. heehhehehe

Cool, thanks! Yes, still figuring out Omnipods. Posted Image

TC will boost your targeting time, extend your mech's basic sensor range wich is usually 800m default a bit and speed up the target info that pops up. It will not boost lrm range. The two things that boost lrm range are the range skills in the fire power tree and having either a missile range quirk like a generic +10 missile range quirk or a very specific quirk that only works for that type of lrm such as lrm 10 range +10.

You can find mech quirks in mech stats under enhancements,by mousing over the mech in the in-game store or if it is a clan mech by the omni pods type. You usually have to have the full set of oni pods to make them active to get them.

Lrms are used best when they are main weapon of a build of a mech with some back up weapons. As a lrm master if you really want to focus on lrms you need to get your own locks including all the equipment such as tag,uavs etc. Highly recommend maxing sensors minus the ecm nodes to hold and maintain your locks long as possible.

Since I don't have the basp I don't know if/how well it works as a lrm mech. I usually just find them as the daka build.

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:10 PM

What's wrong with the targeting computer? Doesn't it increase max range?

Yes, the Targeting Computer does many things, you can find the description in the MechLab.

However, some people would call it Law of diminishing returns: You equipp bigger and bigger TCs and you get smaller and smaller improvements.

Thus, TC type I is usually the most commonly used model and bigger types are progressively rarer. People use "the spared tonnage" for more ammo, more weapons, more armor or heat sinks.

And I like LRMs. heehhehehe

It's all right, if you have fun with them.

Cool, thanks! Yes, still figuring out Omnipods. Posted Image

Tactical Note:
Some Omnipods are exclusive to Hero 'Mechs and can not be bought in the regular store/MechLab. However, you can strip them from the Hero OmniMech and use them on your regular Omnis and vica versa - standard Omnipods will fit on Hero OmniMech.

#15 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:32 AM

I got a Blood Asp for the first time the other day and it is ******* easy mode. After the first half a dozen games in the thing, unskilled, I'd had a bunch of 1K games, at least two kills a game (6 in one), and am wondering why I didn't do it before. I'm usually pretty shite, but apart from one of the UACs jamming basically every time I pull a trigger I've been mowing them down in it.

#16 VexDarkness

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 79 posts
  • Locationthe south

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:13 PM

Thanks everyone! I also just got the Blood ASP Hero. hehe

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:49 PM

i haven't been able to make the chassis work for me. i cant explain it because the mech has good hardpoints, and they are high up. i had the same problem with the kodiak and that was before the uac10 nerf. i do better in my ultraviolet and its 22.2 dps with high sustain (its more because nodes).

Edited by LordNothing, 24 September 2020 - 09:50 PM.

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:54 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 September 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

i haven't been able to make the chassis work for me. i cant explain it because the mech has good hardpoints, and they are high up. i had the same problem with the kodiak and that was before the uac10 nerf. i do better in my ultraviolet and its 22.2 dps with high sustain (its more because nodes).

It is better to have fun in a 'Mech that suits your needs than to "force" yourself playing a 'Mech that you do not especially like, even the later chassis is described as being superior.

#19 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:28 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 September 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

I had the same issue first time around with both mechs, actually. Now they're two of my favorites, particularly the BASP. I saw so many people doing so well in them, but I just couldn't get a feel for them like I could my other assaults. Then one day I just started having good matches with them, and then they became some of my best mechs. KDK little less so than BASP because of the agility issues and lack of ECM, but it can still be fun. Went fairly meta dakka with both, but sometimes it's just fun to use builds that can put out 800-1k dmg in matches where you feel like you sucked.

Some mechs and some people will never get along though I think...me and fast lights, or Anni/Atlas, that will never work out. I have tried and tried and cannot perform to any kind of standard in those mechs.

#20 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:10 PM

View Postmartian, on 25 September 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

It is better to have fun in a 'Mech that suits your needs than to "force" yourself playing a 'Mech that you do not especially like, even the later chassis is described as being superior.

there is that, but the blood asp checks all my boxes. i just cant do well with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users