Marader Iic Scorch

21 replies to this topic

#1 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:03 AM

So im thinking of getting the marader iic scorch so i can run 4 srms and 2 lb20s. Ive been wanting to try some kind of srm build on a heavy or assault and this might be my best bet. Is there something that would be better?

#2 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:14 AM

Not the most popular loadout. So far, the most popular is lurms. Lots of lurms hiding behind something. You know, like LRM assaults do in T3.

#3 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:20 AM

View Posteishiba, on 23 September 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

So im thinking of getting the marader iic scorch so i can run 4 srms and 2 lb20s. Ive been wanting to try some kind of srm build on a heavy or assault and this might be my best bet. Is there something that would be better?

Cyclops 10Q with 6xASRM6. You might be able to just barely squeeze that loadout on a Catapult A1 too.

#4 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

You can run that same build (with Artemis) on the MadCat Mk 2, run an LB20X and 4 SRM6s + Art on the ON1-IIC-A, or run 2 LB20s and 3 SRM6s on the WHM-IIC-A. I like the MadCat the least of those just because its such a big target and has to work harder to close into firing range. The Orion is certainly a good choice.

#5 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:40 AM

Great mech great build. Might be more worthwhile heroes but if you're flush with mc, can't go wrong with scorchy.

Agile, fastish, good hitboxes from front-on. Great for nascar, just press w and delete anything in front of you.

However, mounts aren't great and it's easy to pick apart from range or at angles. Not super versatile.

#6 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:46 AM

Works better for me me with 2 ultra 10.

#7 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:23 AM

This isn't the best for QP imo because of ammo limitations, but if you get a Kin Wolf and slap the pods onto a gargoyle with a bigger ct armor quirk you can run a decent 6srm6+a brawler. It's not for the same role as the lbx40+srm24 scorch though.

Edited by Brauer, 23 September 2020 - 12:44 PM.

#8 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:11 PM

Scorch is almost exceptional, but the higher up in play you go, the more you will notice enemies aiming right for those giant torsos no matter what angle they are at. The Scorch is a brawler that can't brawl, it's a glass cannon that excels so long as you can outsmart your opponents. For a twin LB20X + SRM loadout though, there are few 'Mechs that can run the equivalent. However, brawling isn't very safe for slower 'Mechs in the current QP queue, if you want to boat pure SRMs then the Dervish, Kintaro or Assassin might be better. For LB20X plus SRMs, the VGL A or Orion IIC could work. The VGL A is very fragile though.

#9 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:17 PM

https://mech.nav-alp...420a_MAD-IIC-SC

150 damage double tap, you're welcome

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:19 PM

View PostNightbird, on 23 September 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

https://mech.nav-alp...420a_MAD-IIC-SC

150 damage double tap, you're welcome

until you find yourself on polar because the pugtaters in qp want to use their lerms, ppcs and erlls.

#11 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

View PostBrauer, on 23 September 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

This isn't the best for QP imo because of ammo limitations, but if you get a Kin Wolf and slap the pods onto a gargoyle with a bigger car armor quirk you can run a decent 6srm6+a brawler. It's not for the same role as the lbx40+srm24 scorch though.

I run the brawling Scorch often in QP just because I liked it. I think I have 45 rounds of LB20 and 520 rounds of SRM, and that gets me through 99% of matches without ammo issues. I think its fantastic for QP and is one of my go-tos when I need a morale boost. The amount of 1000+ dmg matches to be had in it are crazy.

#12 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:44 PM

View PostBlack Caiman, on 23 September 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

I run the brawling Scorch often in QP just because I liked it. I think I have 45 rounds of LB20 and 520 rounds of SRM, and that gets me through 99% of matches without ammo issues. I think its fantastic for QP and is one of my go-tos when I need a morale boost. The amount of 1000+ dmg matches to be had in it are crazy.

I was saying the Splat Gargoyle isn't the best for QP. Because of the huge engine it's a bit light on ammo.

The scorch has plenty of ammo for QP.

#13 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:01 PM

View PostBlack Caiman, on 23 September 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

To be fair though, you could probably have 1000+ dmg matches in a go-kart. Doesn't make the loadout good or bad, just sayin'.

#14 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:05 PM

I found UAC-10's, 4 SRM 6's, will get a better all aroundness to it. I ran LBX-20's and 4 SRM 6 with artemis for a VERY long time. More often than not, I was getting outgunned before I got to were I wanted tor needed to be. I did upgrade the engine to a 360+ or something higher to get more speed. and added a 2 heatsinks over the LBX build.

#15 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:08 PM

View PostBrauer, on 23 September 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

I was saying the Splat Gargoyle isn't the best for QP. Because of the huge engine it's a bit light on ammo.

The scorch has plenty of ammo for QP.

Ah my apologies I misunderstood. I have a similar Gargoyle sans the artemis so it doesnt have the ammo problem, but it also sprays SRMs all over the map haha.

View PostKodyn, on 23 September 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

To be fair though, you could probably have 1000+ dmg matches in a go-kart. Doesn't make the loadout good or bad, just sayin'.

I think any direct-fire mech that you can do 1000+ damage in is most likely good. Short of purposely farming body parts to maximize damage, 1000 direct fire damage most likely puts at least 3-4 enemy mechs out of commission. If one mech can put 3-4 enemies out of commission you more than did your job.

#16 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostBlack Caiman, on 23 September 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think any direct-fire mech that you can do 1000+ damage in is most likely good. Short of purposely farming body parts to maximize damage, 1000 direct fire damage most likely puts at least 3-4 enemy mechs out of commission. If one mech can put 3-4 enemies out of commission you more than did your job.

I meant you as in you personally Caiman lol. I've died to you a lot in a lot of builds, was my point. I also think the build discussed was good.

#17 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:45 PM

This thread was moved to BATTLEMECHS

#18 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:34 PM

i wanted to get it rly rly bad. got it. saw just how hot and slow it is. it's gathering dust... this is nascar country. no place for slow mechs.

#19 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:11 AM

View PostMech Walesa, on 23 September 2020 - 11:34 PM, said:

i wanted to get it rly rly bad. got it. saw just how hot and slow it is. it's gathering dust... this is nascar country. no place for slow mechs.

Yup it's good for shooting potatoes but anyone who sees it coming will step to the side and blast those torsos, there's no protecting them.

#20 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:54 PM

at least op is not putting lerms on it.

my scorch has quad srm6es, with a pair of lb10s a pair of hlls and a cxl345, ff, endo, and 5 extra dhs. i think its pretty formidable.

the op's build looks like it would be a better brawler where mine is slightly better at intermediate ranges. dropping the hlls also frees up tonnage to move to artemis launchers. but you would have to take off the ferro and 2 sinks to make room. after that you are limited to about 6 tons ammo, more if you want to make other sacrifices. i prefer having the backup lasers though.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 September 2020 - 09:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users