Is There A More Optimized Mech For This? Shc-B

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mista Peeves

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationOakland

Posted 25 September 2020 - 01:19 PM

Is there a better mech than the Shadowcat for an ATM poptart with ECM?
Here's my build:
https://mwo.smurfy-n...22fd3968ebb3784
(the armor isn't accurate for some reason but it's the basic loadout)

I just started playing recently and my first mech/build was a PPC sniper Shadowcat. I was awful at it. I bought an assault mech and a few others and learned to play those. After writing off the SHC for a month, Ive returned and its my favorite mech. Ill average 2 kills, 400dmg and my team will win more often than not. I maxed out the sensor tree so after I poptart with ATMs the LRM boats dunk on whatever is locked on to. The Probe and Targeting Comp spot flankers and backstabbers at an interceptable range, while ECM keeps my lance pretty comfy.

Basically what I'd hoped an Electronic Warfare platform would be in this game. Any other mechs, any class, that have JJ's, ECM and maybe better quirks or capacity for missile dakka?
Thanks everyone, good hunting.

#2 Mista Peeves

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationOakland

Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check that out. I do run out of ammo quite a bit so I have variations with 9+6 ATM or Small lasers for considerably more missile ammo/longevity but a few glorious bursts is what I have the most fun with. Been toying with Cougar builds in the mech preview/testing, Ill definitely look at Cheetah and Sunspider, maybe try swapping ATMs for LRMs. Appreciate the tips man.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:00 PM

don't use CAP and TCs for missile builds with ECM. All they provide is a sensor range boost.
I personally like the ACW-A for a poptart ATM mech much more over the Scat.

#4 Mista Peeves

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationOakland

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:33 PM

Ah, I'll check out the Arctic Wolf, Thank you. Yeah I don't really notice a bonus to missile effectiveness with CAP or TC. Though with a maxed sensor tree it feels like they double my spotting and anti-stealth abilities for the team, which tbh is my real contribution with this build.

#5 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:40 PM

This is how I run an ATM Shadowcat.

https://mech.nav-alp...#f4235295_SHC-B

I have had a huge amount of success with this build & it's fun to play as well. Ammo is a bit tight until the skill nodes are unlocked but you can use the mechs agility to easily close within the 3 damage per missile range & wreak havoc in the enemy lines(can you tell I enjoy this one?).
Don't forget to use your MASC, you can't remove it from the mech so make the best use of it & your ECM to poptart & poke to your heart's content. This mech works very well within your own team's lines & not so good out by itself, your team will also benefit from your ECM which, of course, you max out in the skill tree.

#6 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:44 PM

SHADOW CAT SHC-B 51 32 19 1.68 73 20 3.65 28,176 114,188 06:48:18
Here are my numbers for my build, I have only run it with the build I posted & as you can see, she does this old cripple good....

Oops, that makes no sense, the numbers match the mech stats you see in your profile.

Edited by Biomechtric, 26 September 2020 - 04:46 PM.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:21 AM

This thread was moved to Medium Mech Builds

#8 Mista Peeves

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationOakland

Posted 10 October 2020 - 04:53 PM

View PostBiomechtric, on 26 September 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

This is how I run an ATM Shadowcat.

https://mech.nav-alp...#f4235295_SHC-B

I have had a huge amount of success with this build & it's fun to play as well. Ammo is a bit tight until the skill nodes are unlocked but you can use the mechs agility to easily close within the 3 damage per missile range & wreak havoc in the enemy lines(can you tell I enjoy this one?).
Don't forget to use your MASC, you can't remove it from the mech so make the best use of it & your ECM to poptart & poke to your heart's content. This mech works very well within your own team's lines & not so good out by itself, your team will also benefit from your ECM which, of course, you max out in the skill tree.

Sorry, nostalgia dived into Mechwarrior 3 the past week but I'm gonna try your setup, thanks for the build ideas! Slowly learning to stop hoarding electronics in favor of raw ammo and firepower

Edited by Mista Peeves, 10 October 2020 - 04:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users