Mechs Definitely Too Big For This Map

5 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 October 2020 - 04:13 AM

Take a look at Styx, and compare that to Solaris City.

God damn, it's easier to move around Styx.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:30 PM

You should collect some video to display which shows where one would get jammed up and clogged in Solaris City amongst the buildings. Or, if you're unable to collect video, then provide a set of Grid References & Location Coordinates which point people to where those traffic jams could happen in normal gameplay. Just showing this video from the "MechWarrior 4"-Series on its' own really does not entirely quite provide the level of information that you are wishing to convey to others. :(

By the way, I do get that you are saying there should be a bit more open space to move within. But given the nature of a game like MWO and the past Developers @ PGI which constructed it, specifics are necessary in order to effect any chance of a useful change that makes the map more playable. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Got MWO In-Game Video, or a Location Information Listing perhaps?" Devnull

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:41 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 October 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

~Mr. D. V. "Got MWO In-Game Video, or a Location Information Listing perhaps?" Devnull

Nope, sorry, I'm not really into recording my games. I tried that, never panned anywhere.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:20 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 22 October 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

Nope, sorry, I'm not really into recording my games. I tried that, never panned anywhere.

Alright, fair enough. :)

However, I was not saying that a video was the only way to do it. Can you put together a text-based Listing Of Grid References & Location Coordinate Information (you know, those three numbers which you see in the top-left when pressing 'F9' on the keyboard) which tells where people can get traffic jammed on the playfield? If so, then PGI's Staff could potentially use that data to go through the map and make enough changes to remove some issues with playability. :o

Or, if you really wanted to stick it to PGI's Staff for some reason, there's always the option of you posting screenshots to this (or a fresh) thread. That would allow you to provide a series of annotated images which literally points right at the problems which you have found in Solaris City in various places. Using images is also something that nobody can dispute, because the indication of these problems is also put right in someone's face. We can agree that would be a hilarious-but-on-point way of doing that, right? ;)

I'll leave it you as to how you wish to further pursue that, and wish you good luck on doing so. I'm sure it would not be too long before PGI ends up doing some editing, should you decide to get posting about it. B)

~Mr. D. V. "does not absolutely have to be video... could just provide a text listing or images of trouble spots" Devnull

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:02 AM

its the complete Design from Solaris City ,thats more looks to a model Railway as a real looking City in Future,

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 31 December 2020 - 11:48 PM.

#6 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:16 PM

as a new player,only about a month on, i find solaris a waste of time, ignore the "elevated"roads and you have a 2 d map. in a heavy or assault you're limited to shooting throu angles and trying not to hit team mates. wish i could just exit without penalty when i get dumped on this map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users