Done With This, Mwotanic

74 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Kadabra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:03 PM

Yes this may be a rant, sue me, done with this.

Congratulations comp players you got what you wanted, enjoy the desert this will be in a few months.

You ranted and ranted cuz solo players didn't want to be roflstomped in team vs PUGs, so group queue became a desolated wasteland, you got what you wanted, you can now drop with solo players.

Now you can roflstomp solo players, yeah it's still "4 man groups" yet sync dropping works as well as ever. Love seeing a team with 8 players of the same Clan and maybe 2 that got pushed aside in my team.

It has been 4 days in a row where all the games I have played have been either 12-3 or 3-12 at best, no close games anymore. My PSR goes up in most games usually doing 500+ damage, (the games where it goes down are usually the ones I win! Because my team wipes the enemy before I can even find them!)

I was a founder in this game, I have endured since the very beginning all the bad choices, but I can't take it anymore. Teams enjoy the soon to become desolated (if not already as queues for me are taking longer than ever) matchmaker as solo players continue to drop like flies. Welcome back to faction play queue again, where there is nobody. Don't care if you agree or disagree, just uninstalled this game for good.

#2 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:26 PM

I have to agree the Queue merger hasn't really made this game anymore fun excpet for large metabore groups, and the recent PSR changes havn't helped anything either it has just become a meat grinder for low tier solo players coupled with the constant weight imbalance from the MM is driving players away from this game.

#3 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:52 PM

View PostWild Kadabra, on 29 September 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

Congratulations comp players you got what you wanted, enjoy the desert this will be in a few months.

You ranted and ranted cuz solo players didn't want to be roflstomped in team vs PUGs, so group queue became a desolated wasteland, you got what you wanted, you can now drop with solo players.

Now you can roflstomp solo players, yeah it's still "4 man groups" yet sync dropping works as well as ever. Love seeing a team with 8 players of the same Clan and maybe 2 that got pushed aside in my team.

It has been 4 days in a row where all the games I have played have been either 12-3 or 3-12 at best, no close games anymore. My PSR goes up in most games usually doing 500+ damage, (the games where it goes down are usually the ones I win! Because my team wipes the enemy before I can even find them!)

I was a founder in this game, I have endured since the very beginning all the bad choices, but I can't take it anymore. Teams enjoy the soon to become desolated (if not already as queues for me are taking longer than ever) matchmaker as solo players continue to drop like flies. Welcome back to faction play queue again, where there is nobody. Don't care if you agree or disagree, just uninstalled this game for good.

Which comp players wanted this?

#4 Chaotic_Harmony

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:03 PM

I knew this **** was a problem when they introduced it.

I spent weeks proving that point by rolling LRM groups and showing people that this isn't fun.

People railed at me that I was ruining the game.

And look where we are now. Yep.

#5 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:16 PM

There is no point in posting it here, since Russ Bullock visits this forum only rarely.

This game no longer has the Community Manager because nobody has bothered with finding a replacement for Tina Benoit since she left in December 2019.

If you want to let Russ Bullock know, inform him on his Twitter.

#6 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:16 PM

Too bad there isn't a mathematical solution to PSR to fix this... oh wait

#7 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:36 PM

You can always go on the britanic or oplympic.

#8 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:21 PM

Nobody wanted this.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:56 PM

There hasn't been close games in a few years. You only see teams because there is only a few hundred people playing anymore.

See that high of 2018? Thats when they stopped updating the game.

Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 30 September 2020 - 03:14 AM.

#10 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:24 PM

The worse part is at the current rate I'm not going to get any more games in before the servers go dark.

Was looking forward to some premium trolling.

#11 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:41 PM

*Comp community welcomes 8v8 in group queue*

*Comp community asks for ability for solo pilots to drop in group queue*

*PGI suggests groups in the solo queue*

*Comp community actively argues against groups in the solo queue*

*Mechdads froth at chance to group in solo queue and argue for*

*Mechdads get stomped*

*Mechdads blame comp community for own decision*

*GG [redacted for being toxic]*

#12 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 186 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:51 PM

Posted Image

#13 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:02 AM

I don't know anyone in the competitive scene that really likes this change.

But feel free to blame them anyways. Their fault, clearly.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:27 AM

qp is getting to be unplayable off peak hours, i dont think comp has anything to do with it. its just there are so few people still playing the game. on peak games are still ok for the most part.

#15 YouKnowNothing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWhy are we here? Just to suffer?

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:59 AM

What are you on about, OP? Everyone with 2 brain cells to talk to each other knew SoupQueue will f#ck with solo players. And when you combine that with a PSR reset that initially puts EVERYONE smack in the middle of T3, even those that somehow managed, after thousands of games, to still stay in T4-T5, in the previous system... I'm sure we'll find some way to blame that on the comp players too, won't we, OP?

#16 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 30 September 2020 - 02:29 AM

"New" player returning to MWO from the founder package days.
Having a blast!

I also know of other new players who have joined MWO in the past few months.

I'm also struck by this rather negative vibe on the MWO forums...

Without the MWO emotional baggage (what had already happened and who said what back then),
this game is fun! Let's stay positive!

#17 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 September 2020 - 02:56 AM

Honestly, I feel that too. Although mostly, I just think I was just having bad matches on the glass-cannon that is the Rifleman-IIC, while I'm not exactly that good of a player.

#18 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:01 AM

I haven't noticed a difference when I play solo, to be fair. That is because the average player base is so terrible it's hard to notice any change. It is a fact though that grouping up means you'll win pretty much every game since you're removing idiots from your team permanently as you add group members. I think the grouping system is not a problem, but the terrible player base, but this wouldn't be a problem if terrible players wouldn't get matched with good players. But it ends up being a problem because like 95% of the player base is terrible and the 5% is like... maximum 100 players and they would have to be online at the same time.

#19 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:06 AM

I think that allowing premades in the solo Queue and dropping the Tonnage balance is the final coffin nail for Mwo. RIP MWO.... remember the good times.

#20 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:17 AM

Did not want soup queue. And it undermined the work we did to fix PSR (which from my testing with alts at different tiers seems to be working as intended.)

[Solo queue ] + [8v8 group queue + solo opt in] please

then you can play solo q and the rest of us can play with teamwork

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 30 September 2020 - 05:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users