- - - - -

Urbanmech Skill Nodes

7 replies to this topic

#1 Zack65

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 01:09 AM

Hello!

I'm trying to skill up my Urbanmech R63 but I can't decide whether I should go full speed tweak or skip mobility and take the rest of survivability (currently I only have the left side for 8 armor hardening nodes). Which one do you think will be more beneficial?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 01:30 AM

View PostZack65, on 04 October 2020 - 01:09 AM, said:

Hello!

I'm trying to skill up my Urbanmech R63 but I can't decide whether I should go full speed tweak or skip mobility and take the rest of survivability (currently I only have the left side for 8 armor hardening nodes). Which one do you think will be more beneficial?

If I see correctly, the unskilled UM-R63 Urbanmech goes 97,2 km/h. Unlocking all those Speed Tweak nodes (5 nodes total) would make it go slightly faster - 104,49 km/h. Personally I do not think that 7 km/h is worth it, especially considering that you would have to unlock some 20 nodes to get that speed.

I would go with those survivability bonuses.

#3 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 01:55 AM

My advice is see what quirks the mech comes with and then maximize that quirk with skills that increase the quirk

Urbies come with armour quirks as standard

So I would max out the Armour skills before movement skills.
In fact once armour skills point are max I would put the remander in structure before I would add any skills to movement personally to make it even more survivable

Any skill points put into movement will give little kph increase per point

Instead maximize the Urbies advantages which are its armour quirks and survivability due to its small size.

TLDR:
Pick Armour skills first the maximize the benefit of the Urbies default armour quirks.
Dump excess quirks into structure imo to make the Urbie even more survivable than it all ready is.

Skill point put into movement will give little benifit in comparision.

#4 Zack65

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:38 AM

Hmmm okay I will try maxing out the survival tree then. Thanks guys.

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:01 AM

View PostZack65, on 04 October 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

You don't need all the survival tree. Go for the armor nodes getting the nodes along the way with it. You'll need about 26 to get full armor. Save the other skill points for fire power for better weapons. Once you have the armor nodes you'll have the tank-y is light mech with only the panther in second place.

I get the max lfe 180 engine with the three mandatory heat sinks. Then I just build to how ever I want to play the mech. You can go xl for more weight for stuff but your mech will die faster once a side torso has been shot out. That is the only gripe about xl engines in general. Lfe and standard engines are the engine for most is mechs. To save yourself tons of money you can engine swap sizes that mech. One lfe 180 from one is mech can go into another etc.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 October 2020 - 09:40 AM

View PostZack65, on 04 October 2020 - 01:09 AM, said:

Survival is a better option since it multiplies with your quirks. You're not going to outrace the faster lights with an Urbie, no matter how much Speed Tweak you pile on.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:33 AM

View PostZack65, on 04 October 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

If you need a real speed Posted Image , the Hero UrbanMech UM-SC "Street Cleaner" has the max speed 113.4 km/h.

With all Speed Tweak nodes unlocked it would go 121.9 km/h, if I count correctly.

#8 Zack65

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 01:18 PM

I've played with max survivability for a little while now and I can say I'm enjoying the R63 a lot more now that I don't lose my right arm and torso armor instantly anymore. Think I'm going to avoid the mobility tree and dump the remainder into firepower tree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users