Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:20 AM

So THAT'S what Matt Newman looks like... :D

#3 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:27 AM

Posted Image I usually hide behind the scenes.

#4 LIGHT WOLF

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:30 AM

Как всегда не чего не изменится, даже систему наград с 13-го года не могут обновить или добавить либо убрать.

Верните захват планет... хоть какой то смысл юнита был. Posted Image

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:44 AM

So... TL:DW: Everything is on the table and we don't plan to do any of it?!

#6 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:45 AM

...Alright.

Let's see where this goes, I'm about it. I hope we can make this like pre IGP communications again. Grabbing Daeron was a great good faith step as far as I'm concerned.

To the future.

#7 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:56 AM

So... there is another post for this in the general discussions channel where some suggestions are being floated around... why is there so many threads created with the same purpose?

https://mwomercs.com...onlines-future/

#8 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:59 AM

IGN scores? Realyy? IGN the laughing stock of gamers/gaming?

#9 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 07 October 2020 - 12:28 PM

Anyone have a written transcription of this 1hr 50min conversation?

It's a tad long for me to listen thru completely...

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 October 2020 - 12:40 PM

View Postw0qj, on 07 October 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

Anyone have a written transcription of this 1hr 50min conversation?

It's a tad long for me to listen thru completely...

Nope and this should show how bad off the game is compared to just a few years ago.

In my view nothing but a new game would save us now.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:24 PM

this is 2 hours long. anyone got the highlights? i certainly dont got 2 hours.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 October 2020 - 01:24 PM.

#12 Hydraden

• Pip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:36 PM

First of all, Matt Newman has the most glorious chin. Besides The Crimson Chin making a guest appearance in an NGNG podcast, I'm pretty excited to see what happens. I remain optimistic about the IP and I hope some experienced players can help rebuild the game.

#13 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:52 PM

OK, there's apparently an active discussion here, and some of the players have heard (at least some of) the podcast:

http://mwomercs.com/...-onlines-future

#14 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:13 PM

Russ and the rest of you at PGI, I know that you have all taken a lot of flack for a lot of reasons over the past several years, some beyond your control, some I'm sure due to things you'd maybe choose to do differently today could you do it all over again.

That being said, I want to personally give you a nod of deep appreciation for all the proverbial "blood, sweat, and tears" you have all put into this game, as well as the work you have done to keep one of my all time favorite IPs alive. I have always appreciated how accessible you folks have been to our community, and how you have taken the lumps along with the kudos and kept on plugging.

I remember, and have always been grateful for a very specific consideration in particular, that has always highlighted this to me.

Way back in November of 2011, prior to launch, there was a thread here on 1PV vs 3PV view, and I advocated a choice between the two, or at least a close attention to how smooth the 1PV was, on behalf of myself and other players who suffer from severe motion sickness when certain elements of 1PV are not executed well. Bryan Eckman replied very quickly noting that at that time that angle had not been considered, and promising to take it into consideration as development was finishing up.

When the game actually went live, I fired it up for the first time with a bit of trepidation, hoping to find that promise had been carried out, and was absolutely effing thrilled to find a cockpit view that had clean, smooth motion, which allowed myself, and many others with the same concern, the ability to play in the preferred 1PV and enjoy the immersion we preferred without the physical discomfort that sometimes comes with it.

That really stuck with me. I know that trying to make everyone happy, usually leaves nobody happy, and that a community such as ours can have very passionate and specific opinions (something I appreciate about us), but I want to say that, through it all, hits, misses, etc, I have always loved the game you've all created for us, and have always had it installed on any machine I've owned, so that I could scratch that big stompy robot itch anytime it happened to pop up.

I'm excited for the future.

Thank you. And see you on the battlefield.

Cheers <o

- Rip Snorgan (and a handful of other alt accounts, to be honest Posted Image )

#15 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:38 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 07 October 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

Posted Image I usually hide behind the scenes.

Ive been told i have a great face for Radio............

#16 Crazylegz

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:13 PM

Glad I signed on today and caught this podcast, thanks to the host and distinguished guests.

I am huge MW/Battletech fan, have been since the early 90's. I have spent countless hours playing in the genre and have read 20+ books in this massive space opera despite many of the books being less than well written. I just love the universe that much. I have spent more cash on MWO than I care to admit. I also founded a small software company in 2018. (myself and 3 others currently) so I know how hard it is to do what you are doing.

I am very happy to hear that we are talking about the future of MWO, I was afraid there was none.

There were some great points brought up in this podcast. The one that stuck with me the most was about Russ's wish list item for MWO. Faction warfare WAS SO CLOSE to being spot on. Boreal Vault.. repelling the breakthroughs.. fighting down to the wire to defend the final objective.. EPIC BATTLES.

It seemed like that beautiful baby was just tweaked some and then abandoned. Guys please go back and nurture your baby.. its not too late Posted Image

I would like to be able to drop on planets at any time, more like Planetside. Perhaps I have to wait for a dropship of four before I can drop on the planet? Forget the 'rounds' where I have to wait for a full drop, leave that for quick play. We need perpetual warfare, like a real war. If theres only 4 people on that planet, maybe I drop there because I want to take it easy. If theres 48 people on the planet maybe I drop there because I want to get into the $hi+.

Bring back faction warfare and make it better. You guys f'd up the star map and it has looked like crapolla for 3+ years.. all the dang faction symbols piled on one another.. looks like hell. NURTURE YOUR BABY. Clean the snot off its nose, clean its diaper.. and leave the rounds for quick play. Let me drop whenever. If I have to wait too long I will bail, so will everyone else.

Bonus wish list for me? A pub that I can hang out in when I dont want to fight. Like there was in the SNES version. I can hang out in there and chat with other mechwarriors and maybe pick up some hot build tips, find out where the good fighting is happening, that sort of thing. Doesnt have to be pretty or sophisticated, just a place to chill and talk shop with some bad futuristic music in the back ground.

Ok last comment before I go. Demo, sell, THEN build. Save yourselves the Solaris 7 nightmare. I know how it is to work so hard on something nobody wants. Demo, sell, build. I will pay money to be a part of a ****** experiment if I like the direction. Demo, sell, build.

Alright much love yall, keep it up. Pew pew. I'll try to be around more now that I know MWO has a future.

#17 blighty

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 11:09 PM

CROSSPLAY

MWO + UNREAL ENGINE + CROSSPLAY PC/XSX/PS5 That is the only future where this succeeds, crossplay enables everything because of population (real faction play ideas, real working match maker) then move to unreal gives you a technical pathway you are already on, that makes sense for NG Console.

You MUST seriously consider making this in the new engine and as a crossplay title. I think its the only way to make this work.

Edited by blighty, 07 October 2020 - 11:09 PM.

#18 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:58 AM

Event with fast firering Balistics, double speed Urby...this is not Fortnite! Matt go home your drunk.
Your priorities should be:
1. More Maps for Gameplay value
2. Balancing Mechs so it is fun to play them all again looking at you Executioner and Nightstar.
3. Balancing Skill tree system cause a newbie with 0 Skillpoints on his mech is just canonfodder.
4. Classic Mechs like Crusader, Wasp, Stinger, Macky because we carry those mechs in our hearts.
5. Events that are actully fun to play and not the omnipresent get 5000 dmg with weapon xyz.
6. Insert new Gamemechanics like Melee, Actually jumping Assaults, Death from above, Ramming and collisiondmg.

Thats only my 5 cents on how to improve the game. And I am sure if the game is good players will come back and money will start flowing again cause people like to pay for good stuff, not for half done things that are patched into olivion every 4 weeks.

Edited by K4I 4LL4RD LI4O, 08 October 2020 - 02:46 PM.

#19 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 03:36 AM

View Postblighty, on 07 October 2020 - 11:09 PM, said:

CROSSPLAY

MWO + UNREAL ENGINE + CROSSPLAY PC/XSX/PS5 That is the only future where this succeeds, crossplay enables everything because of population (real faction play ideas, real working match maker) then move to unreal gives you a technical pathway you are already on, that makes sense for NG Console.

You MUST seriously consider making this in the new engine and as a crossplay title. I think its the only way to make this work.

Mmm can the lumberyard engine do this and is Lumber yard free or amazon giving it a way, I heard rumors

Google says:

Amazon Lumberyard is a free, cross-platform AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch – with full source code provided. ... Amazon Lumberyard is free, with no seat licenses, royalties, or subscriptions required.

Mmm I see free and cross platform
Woo Hoo

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 08 October 2020 - 03:37 AM.

#20 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:27 AM

View Postblighty, on 07 October 2020 - 11:09 PM, said:

CROSSPLAY

I agree with engine upgrade, but with crossplay, You are expecting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much from PGI. They couldn't even get MW5 right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users