I'm Here To Tell You How To Fix Your Game.

9 replies to this topic

#1 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:29 PM

I'm watching yesterdays No Guts No Galaxy Podcast.
I haven't played MWO in a couple years, because my PC took a dump on me, but I'm going to do you a favor and tell you how to fix your game.

This is a long thought, but I will try to keep it concise.

Problem: Everyone who's played for years has 600 mechs. Can't make money selling more mechs.

Solution: Stop selling Mechs, start selling Mech Licenses.
Make mechs destructible, meaning you have to repair and replace mechs.

Tie to to faction play- belonging to specific factions grants you cheap access to certain mechs-- Hunchbacks for Kurita, for example.

Tie it to Faction Play-- Important Mech Factories and Arms Depots are located on critical planets.

Tie it to Salvaging-- Salvaging loot may yield parts needed to repair your broken mechs.

Tie it to Subscriptions $$$$--- For $10-$15 a month, gain bonuses to repairs and salvage.

Tie it to the item shop-- Call it the Salvage Yard- Instead of buying a permenant mech for $20, buy a specific replacement part for $1 to get your favorite mech running again.

Put work into Faction Play to make it the main game, with Quickplay being a low risk, low reward practice mode.

The point being that Faction Play should be the High Risk, High Reward game mode with permanence. Is a specific clan of good players dominating Faction Play with a certain mech? Then attack the planet that supplying them with those Mechs, and take those mechs away from them.

I believe this could breath new life into Mechwarrior, and make it feel more like an MMO than just another lobby shooter.

That is all.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 07 October 2020 - 03:30 PM.

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:13 PM

Where is the dislike button?

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:04 PM

This sounds like them trash Mobile / FB games.

I agree that you can monetize that, but damn..

#4 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:20 AM

Bruh, MTX is not gonna fix a thing.....stick to coding FB games bruh.

#5 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 08 October 2020 - 09:14 AM

No, this would not only take too much time to code but it'll piss off literally all of the existing playerbase as the mechs they paid money for in the past is literally turned into garbage.

#6 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:10 PM

Bad proposal is bad.

#7 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:49 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 07 October 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

I haven't played MWO in a couple years,
And it's clear you're completely out of touch with the game's current state, how Faction Play works now or with the size of the playerbase

Problem: Everyone who's played for years has 600 mechs. Can't make money selling more mechs.
Can. If someone has 600 mechs, they may still be in the market for C-Bill boosted versions - especially if they come with a snazzy new paint scheme - or duplicates either for drop decks or to have multiple different builds ready to drop without having to retool a single copy of a chassis that they own.
TBH, making drop decks cheaper (perhaps giving them some sort of additional utility?) might actually get people to spend more on mechs.

Make mechs destructible, meaning you have to repair and replace mechs.
We were there with Repair & Rearm in early beta. People ******* HATED it. It's a feel-bad mechanic that works out in a single-player game but not in an online PVP environment.
If you want R&R, play Battletech or Mechwarrior 5.

Tie to to faction play- belonging to specific factions grants you cheap access to certain mechs-- Hunchbacks for Kurita, for example.
That I approve of. Simple and lore-ful.
Something PGI hasn't tapped yet could be selling C-Bill boosted "faction" mechs with the corresponding faction pattern as their default. Cheap and easy.
Another thing they haven't touched would be lore unit "packs" of colors and decals and something to simplify their application onto mechs. Similar system could be used for player-ran units, too.

Tie it to Faction Play-- Important Mech Factories and Arms Depots are located on critical planets.
Too late for that, FP hasn't used the map in some time and the population is too small to support it any more.

Tie it to Salvaging-- Salvaging loot may yield parts needed to repair your broken mechs.
No, but having separate FP supply caches might serve the same concept.

Tie it to Subscriptions $$$$--- For $10-$15 a month, gain bonuses to repairs and salvage.
We already have Premium Time. Give it a boost to Loyalty Points (which I don't think it does right now) and a bump to supply cache accumulation and you're achieving the same thing.
If you want an actual subscription model, look at the season pass model that's in use by a lot of other F2P games. These things aren't just designed with value in mind, but also to encourage playing the games daily.

Tie it to the item shop-- Call it the Salvage Yard- Instead of buying a permenant mech for $20, buy a specific replacement part for $1 to get your favorite mech running again.
No. That's MTX garbage.

Put work into Faction Play to make it the main game, with Quickplay being a low risk, low reward practice mode.
The point being that Faction Play should be the High Risk, High Reward game mode with permanence. Is a specific clan of good players dominating Faction Play with a certain mech? Then attack the planet that supplying them with those Mechs, and take those mechs away from them.
It's about five years too late for this.

#8 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:26 AM

Slumbering maid reawakens and has dreams to turn the world a better place ...

OP ?
None of what you proposed has any sense .
Maybe want to think a few more years about it, hm ?

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 11:52 AM

nope. if i wanted to spend several hundred bucks on stuff just for it to get destroyed, id play eve online.

#10 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 06:44 AM

My game is not broken! That's Fake News. I remember when FeeWaiver was a real conservative.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users