11 replies to this topic

#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:52 PM

1) 30min timer was set in 2015, when mechs were much faster than now and the time to kill was much faster as well, now 30 mins are just not enough.

much frustration in faction play comes from the fact that many times you are forced into a mindless and suicide push becasue there is no time left.

timer increased to 40 mins would give more time to plan moves and attack with a plan.

2) Also, back in the days we had way more firepower and way less armor, so it was possible to stop enemies from gen rushing by just spamming DPS.
Currently, good players vs good players, there is no way in this world a gen rush can be stopped. Double health to Ogens would give at least a chance.

3) 1250 cap limit in conquest faction play is simply pure cancer, you basically feel like every ******* conquest games gets interruped by the cap limit......its like when you pee and you need to stop peeing when you are just half done, its ******* terrible.
Increase cap limit to 2500

Edited by D A T A, 09 October 2020 - 03:55 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:09 PM

i really miss those 1 hour mwll matches. it was really a grueling test of endurance. by your second match you were ready to throw in the towel. i kept a pair of sunglasses on my desk for when extremity came up. best map ever. i felt like i was actually on an astroid. you had to sync your engagements up to the day/night cycle so that it would get cold when you started to overheat or fall through the ice when it started boiling.

only time i ever had trouble with base rush in fp was when the team set up behind the gens rather than in front. it just gives you less time to shoot at the enemy.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 October 2020 - 04:12 PM.

#3 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 10 October 2020 - 06:26 AM

and then there were matches were you fought that whole hour. Non stop back and forth. MWO never really was a fan of re-spawning. That was what made me hate QP so much. Those quick fights were really more fun in FFA solaris or arena fights.

Edited by Deathshade, 10 October 2020 - 06:27 AM.

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 10 October 2020 - 07:42 AM

All three basically make it unlikely that any match would end on time or objectives. Which seems to be the exact point of the proposals. So, you might as well say FW should be skirmish only. As at least that doesn’t give defenders easy chokepoints to do defend and turrets to help kill the enemy.

I get that conquest is a short match that favors controlling caps. But, modes are meant to feel and play differently and doubling the cap would make it that nobody cares much about capping and just kills 48 and caps at the end....just like in QP. I would be fine going up to 1500, but 1250 is really fine as it makes the mode really different than the other modes. Modes should play a bit different, maybe conquest is too different for the majority of players at 1250....but 2500 would be basically skirmish.

Do any good teams gen rush these days? Planets haven’t been a thing for a good while...so what would be the point? Gen health’s were they are at make defenders at least set up where they have to defend them. That’s the only advantage attackers have....defenders have plenty of advantages on siege. The only time in recent memory I have seen defenders lose the gens early was a match where they literally set up 1000 meters from the gens (with long range spam) and didn’t come rushing in once they saw the enemy was at the gen platform. The attacking team had brawl and took gens because they didn’t want to have to charge the defenders firing line. It wasn’t even a gen rush...losing the gens was the defenders fault, because they set up too far away...(giving themselves the optimal range they wanted at the expense of actually being able
to defend the gens). If you are going to keep siege (and we should) defenders need the pressure to defend those gens. A few years ago (when planets and gen rushing for them was a thing) I would have been in agreement to go up on gen health. Just seems a bad idea for today’s FW

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 12:41 PM

you can not have anything more than token modes without respawn, because killing the enemy is always the most effective strategy for keeping the enemy from completing the objective. you might sometimes once in a blue moon get a team that will dive for the objectives and try to avoid combat all together, but that usually just leaves most of the players angry at the end of the match.

this is why fp conquest is better than qp conquest. fp community doesnt like it because they want to play siege (ive been known to agree with them sometimes, like when there are 3 different mods but you get the same one over and over again), but that doesn't make it untrue. fp even makes things like incursion better, in qp it almost always gets played like skirmish.

#6 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 03:12 PM

25mins for QP modes and 30 mins for Siege is good. 1750 for conquest please.

#7 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:14 PM

Kinda weird cuz trough past few years of playing cw I've never had a problem with 30 mins match time, except when we played erll trough entire match on boreal :) I wonder what could be a problem then <3
You've always been complaining about match time being too short. It's time to l2p cw in any other way than sitting 1000m away from enemies with erll/ac2s for entire match, in 90% of your matches.

#8 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:17 AM

I like the time limit. It requires the attacker to stay active and don't simply trade the way in with 3 waves erppc popstars etc.
CW is already king of trade game mode (I don't count comp as a game mode), more and it can easily get very stale. For most players (the w horde) cw is already to slow pasted.

#9 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:11 AM

the current settings are good for match times. We are really talking about matches with unlimited re-spawns. That is where you can fight for an hour or more.

QP would have hard time nascaring with re-spawns in their face. Faction with unlimited deck re-spawns would probably be like a real mechanized war. Not that any of us like that type of thing. Posted Image None but the old diehards can handle battles that take hours.

#10 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:42 AM

30mins is good. There is too much long range trading atm to make matches fun. Even on emerald people bring LL/ERPPC/AC2's which is sad.

Conquest should get a raise in tickets.

Gens should get more health.

#11 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:57 AM

The rifleman iic makes the ac2 situation even worst. I don't understand how u can quirk high mounted 6ac2 in extreme range and think it is a good plan.

#12 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:42 AM

Not that I’ve played in a long time but my takes would be
1. More health for gens- zero problem with that.
2. Better gate turrets to screw over light mechs trying to back door
3. 1750 conquest points for FP
4. I’m actually okay with the 30 minute timer because it helps push against overly stagnant play. I know that’s rich coming from me 70 percent of the time but there has to be some counter to long range spam from Zimbabwe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users