• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:14 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 October 2020 - 02:56 AM, said:

Just bumping it here for tomorrow.

I hope you guys can collate the good ideas for the community, like the Community Driven Balance Update.

I also hope that LACs would make it in the suggestion.

Still rather see mixed tech. I bet the Clan XL whiners would stop whining once they're allowed to use them, too. It's even possible MRMs could make Timber Wolves relevant again.

#22 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:15 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 17 October 2020 - 04:14 PM, said:

Still rather see mixed tech. I bet the Clan XL whiners would stop whining once they're allowed to use them, too. It's even possible MRMs could make Timber Wolves relevant again.

It's over dude.

No mixtech too.

#23 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:39 PM

Watched most of it, some good ideas when it comes to new player but everything else was same old, buff neff add maps stuff.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 17 October 2020 - 04:46 PM.

#24 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 842 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:52 PM

If case you missed it or want to provide some more ideas, join our discord https://discord.gg/6wxM5hC and let us know.
All feedback is welcome.

Edited by live1991, 17 October 2020 - 04:54 PM.

#25 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:34 AM

I watched the entire stream yesterday, and Id like to give a nod of approval to all involved. It think the ideas were fairly good overall and well thought out. I hope hope hope PGI will attempt to implement them in some form of fashion. Im not holding my breath considering we havent seen hardly anything in the past year or so, but regardless its always refreshing to see people with a passion for the game have good, civilized conversation. Strong work fellas.

#26 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:06 AM

Thoughtful, factual, authoritative. Nicely done. I hope this level of discussion is also had with PGI.

Since you posted, I'll comment to pass the afternoon:
  • Quirks: You need to lay down the law with PGI on what made quirks so fun, which was as you said: bringing competitive life and a cool niche to literally dozens of overlooked variants. Players who missed the point loudly complained about being "forced" into builds. PGI got bored and started turning out said 10% MG RoF quirks. Chris Lowrey came in and swept it away with Skill Tree. Lay down the law.
  • Terra Therma return: I love it. I know others don't. So the strongest rationale is map voting, which wasn't available originally.
  • Target Spotted callouts: A comp issue, I'd say. Modify it for tournaments.
  • Fixing spawn points: Fundamental. PGI has expert resources in the form of players on straightforward issues like this. Your coalition can probably pinpoint better choices down to the pixel.
  • Matchscore: Set a score cap for AMS instead of simply reducing the coefficient; discourage excess, not utility use. And...is there a way to make base caps in Assault desirable?
  • Secondary Lobby Balancing: I didn't realize it was that bad. Inexcusable, and again, fundamental to PGI turning a new leaf.
  • Events: All great suggestions. Wonderful stuff.
  • General map visibility: Indirectly addressed, but instead of reworking night vision, after removing time changes why not also focus most maps on daytime, e.g., remember when you could see things on Crimson Strait unaided? MW5 is out for players who want gritty realism.
  • Cadet in Tier 4.5+: Also, currently dormant accounts probably need to be moved to Tier 4 for obvious reasons.
  • Balance: The general theme is that PGI has made changes reflecting different game states over 8 years but rarely revisits and, like quirks, players need to point out which weapons are no longer interesting choices because of it.

Edited by East Indy, 18 October 2020 - 11:11 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users