#1 Johnny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:57 PM

Howdy,

I rejoined the game several months ago after a break of 3.5 years and have been having a lot of fun in the QP but would like to get into the FP, I have some questions:

- Back in the day the FP was supposed to track to years in the BT universe, I get the impression that it doesn't anymore?

- How about loyalty? I did a bit of poking around and was baffled in no time, can you explain it to me like I'm an idiot? (I am).

- I stink, I love to play but I really stink, it doesn't impact my enjoyment mind you, but it can drive players nuts... and back when I did dabble in FP it was a pretty serious crowd that got peeved by crap players. Is that going to be a problem?

- What is the best way to pick up matches in the current scene, anytime during the week or specific days?

- I always played Merc, but if I decide to go loyalist will that limit the battles I can choose or do they all get wrapped in with alliances, etc...?

That's all for now, thanks in advance!

Edited by Johnny Slam, 12 October 2020 - 08:58 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:58 AM

lets see

1: this doesnt happen anymore.

2: loyalty is greatly simplified now. you dont lose loyalty anymore i dont think. you join a faction by pledging loyalty and earn lp for that faction. conflicts are seemingly done at random between 2 random factions, you get extra points if its your faction or an ally. but everyone can play everything.

3: yea there is a lot of skill disparity, and skilled players usually play together, so there are still a lot of stomps. and you cant get pugs to embrace the holy trinity of fp: no lerms, dont reinforce, dont hesitate and push with your team. do those things, and drop with other people who do those things and you will be fine. im a puggernaut so i just drop, and i accept the consequences.

4: na prime time on friday and saturday usually works. im not a morning person (i define morning as any time when the sun is up) so i usually miss it.

5: no. the only real difference now is that loyalists can make hero status and get recurring rewards. mercs dont have it though. grinding the lp/rp is really slow especially considering how hard it is to get games. they should either permanently increase the payouts or do tripple lp/rp weekends.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 October 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#3 Johnny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:15 PM

Thanks Man!

#1 Bummer.

#2 Good to know

#3 Ahh... well the good news is that I don't mind getting stomped, just not a big fan of getting crap over voice... Actually, let me qualify that... I'm fine with getting crap over voice, the problem is my natural skill is in giving people flogging verbally (I'm tier 1) but I play to get away from that negativity and have to resist indulging in it... so it's a hassle. There is always squelch but for FP that seems like a bad idea.

#4 Fri-Sat it is!

#5 Hmm that will take some thinking upon

I really appreciate you taking the time to fill me in, and that you didn't use it as a springboard to ranting as I was worried might happen. +10!~

Edited by Johnny Slam, 13 October 2020 - 02:16 PM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:29 PM

more players in fp is good, as much as some of the more try hard type players try to stop them.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 October 2020 - 07:30 PM.

#5 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:01 AM

Being bad is not the problem. Most players won't insult u (at least not over VoIP, I might bite my table though).
Most fp regulars don't like if u don't follow the "basic rules" of fp.

Don't reinforce -> try 2 die in waves
Bring proper load out for the job (9/10 that's not lurms). So brawl Atlas on Alpine conquest might end up in a well earned **** storm.
If u have probs on what 2 bring in map mode x u can find good infos here (yondu guide) or ask questions.
In general bring slowest mech first. U can change this when u know what u do and or are in a premade.
The hardest part is maybe right nuance of aggression, but if u are still in wave 2 and rest of the team is perma, your "support mech" didn't do the job and u where to cautious. But if u see a fire line, getting better at trading is more succesfull than the w call 9/10.

In result I would strongly suggest don't jump cw without 2 proper decks worth of mechs (one of this erlarge/erppc, other dakka/laser mid range)

#6 Johnny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:37 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 14 October 2020 - 03:01 AM, said:

Being bad is not the problem. Most players won't insult u (at least not over VoIP, I might bite my table though).
Most fp regulars don't like if u don't follow the "basic rules" of fp.

Don't reinforce -> try 2 die in waves
Bring proper load out for the job (9/10 that's not lurms). So brawl Atlas on Alpine conquest might end up in a well earned **** storm.
If u have probs on what 2 bring in map mode x u can find good infos here (yondu guide) or ask questions.
In general bring slowest mech first. U can change this when u know what u do and or are in a premade.
The hardest part is maybe right nuance of aggression, but if u are still in wave 2 and rest of the team is perma, your "support mech" didn't do the job and u where to cautious. But if u see a fire line, getting better at trading is more succesfull than the w call 9/10.

In result I would strongly suggest don't jump cw without 2 proper decks worth of mechs (one of this erlarge/erppc, other dakka/laser mid range)

That's the kind of warm welcome I was expecting.. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users