Mw5 On Steam - When?

18 replies to this topic

#1 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:47 PM

as the title goes, when will it be available on Steam?

also

[Redatced]

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:10 AM

DEC 10

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:19 AM

Is that GOG to? At work atm and can't listen .

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:45 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 13 October 2020 - 04:19 AM, said:

Is that GOG to? At work atm and can't listen .

According to Daeron, both Steam and GOG.

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:55 AM

Here it is:
http://mwomercs.com/...rcs-dlc-details

ie:
"MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries DLC Heroes of the Inner Sphere will be released December 10th 2020 on Epic Games Store, Steam, Microsoft, and GOG."

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:02 AM

epic, steam, same thing.

i just want to buy games.

#7 frumpylumps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:16 AM

View Posteminus, on 12 October 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

as the title goes, when will it be available on Steam?

also

[Redatced]

so many stupids hating on epic when steam is actually hurting the industry with their 70%-30% split.

meanwhile I've gotten several triple A games for free from the Epic games store.

#8 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:20 AM

View Postfrumpylumps, on 13 October 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

meanwhile I've gotten several triple A games for free from the Epic games store.

Only reason I have an Epic account (not that it uses any real world credentials).

#9 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 October 2020 - 02:29 PM

i do like that you don't have to own the new DLC to play it with friends if they have it. good call

(the epic store is just garbage and half assed, yes steam isn't great either but far better on the costumer end i think but exclusives don't improve the industry just make things worse)

also thanks for the info was wondering the same myself. though not sure i will gt the DLC, depends on the price, over $10 (maybe $20 depends on just how much it contains) and thats a no.

#10 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

90 days I believe.

#11 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:17 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 14 October 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

i do like that you don't have to own the new DLC to play it with friends if they have it. good call

It may sound good but the problem with this is it adds bloat to the install for those who don't own the DLC.

If I want to play the base game before I buy the DLC I have to download a bunch of content that is essentially on-disc DLC. That is unless PGI have added an option not to download the DLC.

Of course, given the user has the DLC downloaded already it won't be long until someone unlocks it with a "mod".

#12 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:23 AM

true enough.

still think they would have made more money if they had stuck to their guns and not taken the epic buyout. oh well if i buy it i get the game without the day one teething problems (as an older gamer this irritates me more than anything, doesn't seem many companies know how to ship a finished game anymore.)

#13 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:09 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 October 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

It may sound good but the problem with this is it adds bloat to the install for those who don't own the DLC.

If I want to play the base game before I buy the DLC I have to download a bunch of content that is essentially on-disc DLC. That is unless PGI have added an option not to download the DLC.

Of course, given the user has the DLC downloaded already it won't be long until someone unlocks it with a "mod".

Depends how Coop is working - if you are already downloading the stuff anyway from the Host nothing changes...

#14 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:09 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 19 October 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

Depends how Coop is working - if you are already downloading the stuff anyway from the Host nothing changes...

I could imagine missions settings are downloaded from the host but the actual models/textures are going to be stored locally.

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 19 October 2020 - 04:23 AM, said:

still think they would have made more money if they had stuck to their guns and not taken the epic buyout.

Given the cut steam were taking plus licensing fees they'd have to sell a hell of a lot more on steam to break even. Someone crunched the numbers and I think it came out with something like they'd need to increase sales by 70% to match what they'd take on Epic. Epic paying them to go exclusive was a cherry on top.

#15 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2020 - 04:06 AM

i hope it forces Steam to give devs a better deal, GOG is also a good platform. steam just has a better store than Epic

#16 Schwarzklang

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

Normaly you can count 12 month after the "exclusive" release.

#17 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:21 PM

on another note that vid is more an add for overpriced PC gear than it is an add for the game

#18 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:02 AM

View Postfrumpylumps, on 13 October 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

so many stupids hating on epic when steam is actually hurting the industry with their 70%-30% split.

Well, sure. Steam had its growing pains and what? Half Life 2 had you have to install Steam? But unlike epic, its solid and in my experience I'va had pretty good cutomer service and sales ( sometimes they are kinda, eh ). Also Valve know their stuff ( most of the time ) and not to make a mess of their platform ( besides growing pains ) like the promising wonders Sweeny made about Epic, roadmap baluba or whatever..
Not to forget the corporate infighting between epic and apple. Goggle just * erm, yeah staying out of this, lets let apple take the brunt even if we also had 30% cut of epics deals *
Those three are just sleazy corproate gangs of way to many, fighting for dominance, not standing with any.

Only complaint is lack of HL 3, Left 4 dead 3 and say portal 3. Seems Valve is allergic regarding the number 3. Reason they wanted sequels to be based on breakthrough progress and inovations regarding the tech used in games. HL Alyx is one example. And the 70/ 30 % cut? Well it kinda rough for Indies, at least in the startup phase of devving. But the cut makes overall sense, could use fine- tuning of course.

Aaaaanyway. Im sticking with Steam, but might get GOG later. The latter is the best launcher as far as I know regarding user friendliness, cooperational integration and overview of all the games you even have on other launchers. And what you buy goes directly to CD Project Red.

View PostHorseman, on 13 October 2020 - 06:45 AM, said:

According to Daeron, both Steam and GOG.

Thats assuring. Imagine they turned 180 and and naaah, mw5 will stay ePIC exclusive, because reasons...

Edited by Tordin, 24 October 2020 - 08:03 AM.

#19 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:01 AM

View PostTordin, on 24 October 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Thats assuring. Imagine they turned 180 and and naaah, mw5 will stay ePIC exclusive, because reasons...
Their reason for a year-long epic exclusivity was getting paid for it. They have no reason to keep MW5 epic exclusive unless Epic pays them to do that again. Which it probably won't.

Edited by Horseman, 24 October 2020 - 09:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users