Mw5 - No Steam Page Yet

13 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:40 PM

Yes, yes, I know it's still not released on Steam, I was there when we were stabbed in the back by PGI. I had been counting the days anxiously waiting for its release.

But all things considering, I realized that MW5 is NOT EVEN in Steam for the moment. Even Ooblets and Shenmue III has their own page in Steam even when not released. What the **** is going on?

It's like PGI is waiting for another year of exclusivity or something.

#2 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:02 AM

They better not hold MW5 hostage on Epic. I mean, do they WANT to lose the opportunity for a Steam release and the potential of millions in revenue???
What do they in fact have to lose if getting it out to Steam and hopefully GOG??

Its all just baffling. Someone spam Russ on twitter or something unless alredy done. ( NO, I stay the frigg away froM Twidler and ePIC ) Just asking you fellas alredy on Twitter.

#3 DayChap

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:36 AM

It's coming to Steam and GOG on December 10th.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:49 AM

It's just steam rules. If you make (announce) a Steampage for a game that is already released, you have to release this game on steam within 30 days.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:59 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 23 October 2020 - 04:49 AM, said:

It's just steam rules. If you make (announce) a Steampage for a game that is already released, you have to release this game on steam within 30 days.

Hey, remember when PGI announced MW5 in Razer Con? That goes as far back as October 10:

CP Delay is at Oct 28: https://twitter.com/...128432370176002

There's no page on Steam by Nov 10, so they were planning as far back as nov 10 to delay MW5.

#6 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:36 AM

Steam, GOG and console release delayed until 2021 due to fear of release when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

#7 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:44 AM

any idea when they will release MW5 on steam? not that i am going to pay full price for a year old game. the whole bait switch bull **** with crapic game store should put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. i just want to put it on my wish list so i can get informed when its on sale. (as of this post its 1/5/2021 and nothing on steam yet)

#8 Darkstrand

• PipPipPip
  • Fanjunkare
  • Fanjunkare
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:22 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 05 January 2021 - 04:44 AM, said:

any idea when they will release MW5 on steam? not that i am going to pay full price for a year old game. the whole bait switch bull **** with crapic game store should put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. i just want to put it on my wish list so i can get informed when its on sale. (as of this post its 1/5/2021 and nothing on steam yet)

Yeah. They delayed it to Spring 2021, stupid I know. They are trying to release the first DLC and Steam/GoG as well as console versions all in one go. If you ask me, the PC game already had a release date, why are you trying to make another one?

#9 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:26 PM

money, also not sure how it will work on console (i'm a console gamer mostly since it doesn't require one to constantly upgrade their hardware) and i know that Mechwarrrior just doesn't port well do to the number of controls. as for why they are delaying i have no clue. its likely that they think they can somehow make more money that way. not from me they wont. they burned me once with the last minute switch (glad i don't pre-order anything anymore) and like hell am i gonna give them their full price. i'lll wait for at least a 50% steam sale or the same on GOG.

thanks for the update though at least now i an stop checking steam.

#10 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:33 PM

Does anyone still care about MW5 at this point.. They missed the Steam release by year and customers forgot it exists.. All i know about MW5 is its bad because that is all i ever hear about it..

I totally avoid Epic and i probably wont be buying a Steam copy at this point, so if it ever does get on steam now its too little too late.

At least in my case.

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:35 PM

There's not been an official word on a set date, and you won't see a steam page more than 30 days before the release (steam's rules).
Apart from that, the game's quite fun, if you excuse the poor presentation of the overall nice story. And the mods that already exist make it even better. Not a "thousands-of-hours"-title, but still fun. Adding what we already know about the DLC, it will be even better.

#12 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

View PostSamial, on 05 January 2021 - 09:33 PM, said:

Does anyone still care about MW5 at this point.. They missed the Steam release by year and customers forgot it exists.. All i know about MW5 is its bad because that is all i ever hear about it..

I totally avoid Epic and i probably wont be buying a Steam copy at this point, so if it ever does get on steam now its too little too late.

At least in my case.

How can that be all you ever hear about it? I think its a great game.

Still waiting for some bug fixes. After playing about 63h so far, there's a few bugs easily seen. I fully expect to reach over 100h and continue for some years. Might pick up the future addon as well but 99% of the time I never pick those up no matter how much I like a game.

About 58 hours of that is with ray tracing enabled so you can't even say nobody ever plays with that.

I don't even understand your its too late comment. This game will be completely fine for many years. Enjoy it. Its a really long game. You get a ton of gameplay for even full price. I'm only at mission 14 of 21 for 58 hours of time. That will be more than likely 70-100 hours for me to finish the campaign alone as fast as I can. Not to mention instant play.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 16 January 2021 - 04:15 PM.

#13 Bede19002

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:30 AM

View PostSamial, on 05 January 2021 - 09:33 PM, said:

At least in my case.

Why do people not like Epic?

#14 Thanassis79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAntwerp

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

View PostBede19002, on 22 January 2021 - 09:30 AM, said:

Why do people not like Epic?

Copy that sentence and shove it in a google box. Hit enter and see...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users