2 replies to this topic

#1 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:49 PM

So, one of my first free Loyalty Mechs was the Blackjack BJ-2(L). I was (and still am) a casual player, but I was also very new to the game when I received it. This was also prior to the release of MRMs, so it seemed like an SRM skirmisher was the only way to go. It did not do very well for me, certainly not in my hands.

Fast forward to 2020... it is one of the remaining few platforms at the bottom of the heap in terms of damage and kills, and I have used it as the 'measuring stick' for other 'mechs success, and every one of the other ones I own for any length of time have long surpassed it. So, have any of you out there had decent luck with this variant? The only saving grace that I can remember for this 'mech is high hard points for missiles and the fact that it was reasonably maneuverable. The only favorable stat it has for me is a positive W/L... and that isn't saying much.

I will admit I have not played it in years... but, if you have this 'mech, what builds have worked well for you?

Edited by Lithology, 20 October 2020 - 08:50 PM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:06 PM

I've had some good games with this littleBJ-2(L). Not the fastest, so stay near your biggest ones and blast the lights nibbling at their heels to dust.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 October 2020 - 10:46 PM

4xASRM6, 4 tons ammo, LFE225:
A?7:30c0|OG|_O|GgpW0|@@|@@|i^|_OqW0|@@|@@|_O|i^r00s00tX0|OGuX0v=0|_Ow505050

Edited by Horseman, 20 October 2020 - 10:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users