- - - - -

Skill Tree Not Saved Cbills Taken

7 replies to this topic

#1 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:50 PM

Hi, Im new. Im excited to get to know the game. Here is what happened. I made a load out for a black night which a purchased. I had around 6 million c bills. I then speced out the skill tree to 91. I changed to weapon load outs and it asked me to pay for the skills, so I agree and my c bills went down to 130k. I couldnt save it and backed out to see what would happen. The specs didnt save again, and my c bills are still gone. When I try to go to quick play it says I have stuff on my mech that I dont own. It wants the same amount I already paid for the specs. Someone please help because I just spent like 100 bucks on stuff for this game and Im kind of at my wits end here.

#2 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:06 PM

Hey Quest. Kinda unsure if I am able to re-think potential causes for yer problem. Being new to the game usually implies not having enough skillpoints (correct me if you just bought them) to skill out a mech recently bought instantly.

Would imply to contact customer support. They are usually very kind and helpful people. Should solve the issue kinda fast.

#3 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:58 PM

When you buy skill points, it's specific skill points, you cannot change them of places without paying the others.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:43 PM

Need more info. What exactly have you bought? The different options to gain SP can be somewhat overwhelming when you're new, but I think there should be no way to gain enough XP or GXP (which can be converted int SP for CBills) to skill out a mech you haven't played yet. Also 91 SP would be 45.000 x 91 = 4.095.000 CBills, so something doesn't checkout here.
Screenshots would be helpful.

Check this helpful Skilltree Tutorial:
https://youtu.be/BL7iVDSmy7A

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 27 October 2020 - 10:50 PM.

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:52 AM

You don't pay for skills when changing weapon loadout, so it sounds like you misunderstood what you were actually paying for.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:52 PM

There are rare circumstances where data in the client doesn't match what it should be from the database. If it's a bug like that, exit the game and reload. I'm not sure this is an answer to your problem. This trick usually fixes things like missing mechs or loadout errors.

Weapons can cost a lot of money, and especially engines. Check your inventory and check the box for owned parts and see if that's what you ended up burning money on without realizing?

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:51 AM

View PostQuest614, on 27 October 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Hi, Im new. Im excited to get to know the game. Here is what happened. I made a load out for a black night which a purchased. I had around 6 million c bills. I then speced out the skill tree to 91. I changed to weapon load outs and it asked me to pay for the skills, so I agree and my c bills went down to 130k. I couldnt save it and backed out to see what would happen. The specs didnt save again, and my c bills are still gone. When I try to go to quick play it says I have stuff on my mech that I dont own. It wants the same amount I already paid for the specs. Someone please help because I just spent like 100 bucks on stuff for this game and Im kind of at my wits end here.

Hello!

It could be a good idea to ask the MWO Suppport service for help. They could tell you what happened and what you spent your C-Bills on.

Use this e-mail:
accounts@mwomercs.com

#8 Kojin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:36 PM

If you paid for skill points it would have allocated a total to your available points pool. If the tree didn't save, you still might have available points to put in the tree. However, it sounds more like you have a mech or weapons selected or equipped which would prevent a launch for sure.

Contact support and see if they can help and also go through, step by step, what you did and it might make more sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users