15 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:20 PM

We've been asking for this for years. Conquest as a game mode is fine but the current win condition is terrible. Why are we queueing for FP matches that take 10 minutes?

Also, whenever Conquest its bundled with Siege (as it is right now), the ratio of Conquest-to-Siege is far, far too much in favor of Conquest (6/7:1).

Since we are obviously not going to get a ticket fix anytime soon, just remove the mode from FP. Problem solved, thank you.

#2 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:45 PM

I don't understand why people get so pissy about a bit of variety.

#3 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:27 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 31 October 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

I don't understand why people get so pissy about a bit of variety.

Hmm, did you read the post? I welcome the variety. I said Conquest is fine as a mode just not how it’s currently constituted. Playing 6-7 conquests in a row is the opposite of variety and the games end far too quickly to justify 4 mechs in a drop deck.

#4 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:25 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 31 October 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

Playing 6-7 conquests in a row is the opposite of variety and the games end far too quickly to justify 4 mechs in a drop deck.

playing so many conquests is not fun when you know siege is available, but four mechs are easy to burn in conquest even for a potato like me ;)

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:20 PM

i hate to say it but i agree with op and ive been an fp conquest proponent since it was implemented. if you are going to wait 20+ minutes for an fp match it would be nice if the game lasted a bit longer than 10 minutes.

of course the real offender in that regard is domination. all you really have to do to win is push the enemy side of the circle in fast asaults and the game is over, and in much less time than conquest.

#6 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:55 AM

Tickets either to 2000 or conquest removed

#7 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:49 AM

As soon as I see conquest as an option now, I just straight up log off, and I know many other people doing same

#8 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 12:05 AM

And that's is sad. Just a bit higher points goal (1500 or 1750) and a bit higher rewards for cap time and it could be a very good mode.
If 2 equal teams fight each other u can already have pretty intense and close matches, that run a while (3-2 cap over most of the game). U don't need to run around like crazy. A few mechs in overwatch with long range can cover 2-3 points easily.

If teams are not equally skilled (or one team don't care for the mode) it ends up fast, because 4 cap ends game very quick.

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:57 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 31 October 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

We've been asking for this for years. Conquest as a game mode is fine but the current win condition is terrible. Why are we queueing for FP matches that take 10 minutes?

If a games won in 10 minutes isn't that a skillgap mis-match issue?

What will a increased timer achieve?

Give more time to farm?

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 02 December 2020 - 05:58 AM.

#10 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 02 December 2020 - 09:11 AM

it's usually an intention mis-match, one side brings fighting mechs while the other capping burn mechs

increasing timer will in fact just increase time to farm for the side that brought fighting mechs

the meta game in conquest is not even bothering to fight the main enemy force, but avoid it and constantly juts burn mechs on the weaker guarded points because you barely have enough time to be absolutely stupid with 4 mechs anyways. I'm sure everyone has done it at some point, I've done it, just run at cap point, die like an idiot barely doing any damage, and win. I mean you win, yay, great, but all you've done is just feed the enemy and run around and stand in squares to win, not gameplay I'm interested in

#11 NullaNulla

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 11:00 PM

PGI low hanging fruit, what a load of sales pitch B******T

Edited by Nulanula, 02 December 2020 - 11:02 PM.

#12 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 04:34 PM

Frist time doing FP, got into a conquest on one of the urban maps, went with my ACH fist, played conservative, got me 700 damage before dying. Grabbed out my big boi, ready to stomp and...game over. 45 minute Que, game lasted 10-15 minutes. So i agree with OP jack that **** to 3500 or something

#13 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:13 PM

Well, until it's fixed, come up with a common agreement among all, DO NOT CAP THETA! Then the tickets will at least remain even... Or, simply, don't cap at all, and treat it as skirmish...

#14 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 07:24 AM

Tickets to 2k

#15 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:46 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 02 December 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

it's usually an intention mis-match, one side brings fighting mechs while the other capping burn mechs

increasing timer will in fact just increase time to farm for the side that brought fighting mechs

the meta game in conquest is not even bothering to fight the main enemy force, but avoid it and constantly juts burn mechs on the weaker guarded points because you barely have enough time to be absolutely stupid with 4 mechs anyways. I'm sure everyone has done it at some point, I've done it, just run at cap point, die like an idiot barely doing any damage, and win. I mean you win, yay, great, but all you've done is just feed the enemy and run around and stand in squares to win, not gameplay I'm interested in

only because most players are to stupid 2 sit overwatch and prevent cap by one erlarge burn.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 05 February 2021 - 09:47 AM.

#16 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:21 AM

I think Conquest can be fun, especially since it's very hard to win thru kills alone.
The rewards for capping need to increase since some players will care more about their damage than for capping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users