2 replies to this topic

#1 caligula jones

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 11:52 AM

Dakka 4 U

i've recently dusted this game off after a few years, and have put together something that give me joy and a TON of c-bills... instead of the 4G, i have the 4G(F) and get a juicy +30% to my cash flow. Posted Image

w/full skills, i invested heavily in firepower and survivability, some radar dep and a coolshot + uav: 45/33/0/0/0/9/4

i usually take some pot-shots as i trundle up with the assaults, but if i catch anyone in the open i will take a moment and direct the firehose at them.

once there's a firing line, i set up on one edge, and to two things: protect the assaults from flanking, and poking to direct the firehose until i start taking hits. usually if my target starts firing back at me, the sheer number of shells hitting them will force them in to cover.

if my team starts getting pushed on a flank, i can lay down enough hurt on meds and fast heavies to make them scurry for cover. this requires a lot of SA, as you don't want to be on the SAME flank as the push... hence UAVs. if you feel you're getting pushed, pop it and run to the other side and set up.

it's probably not the most efficient way to deliver dakka, but MAN! it sure is a satisfying mech to play. if you get set up right, you can literally just hold the mouse button down for 20sec and switch the hose from target to target as they appear. you'll almost never overheat, and w/3 racs you'll almost always have at least one ready to fire. Posted Image

i've considered a light engine vs XL, but this thing is pretty slow as it is. this is why i invested so heavily in survivability.

another build i played for a bit dropped 2x rac-2s for 1x rac-5, 275XL, and targeting comp. it didn't feel as pure of an experience, so i went back to pure dakka dakka dakka.

Edited by caligula jones, 06 November 2020 - 11:59 AM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

I found one less ton of ammo, full Ferro and XL 250 working a bit better for me, but that might be down to personal differences.

#3 caligula jones

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:45 PM

View PostHorseman, on 06 November 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

I found one less ton of ammo, full Ferro and XL 250 working a bit better for me, but that might be down to personal differences.

yeah, i ended up dropping a ton of ammo, upped the engine to a xl 225 and put a targeting computer in for zomgcrits... it's even more effective now!

https://mech.nav-alp...5c355b43_HBK-4G

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users