#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:26 PM

Hello all,

I have enough MC for one of these. They are all different in what they do 'best' and I would like to know if one is clearly superior to the others.

I have medium mechs that kind of do the same thing, i.e. BJ-3/HBK-IIC for energy pop tart, ENF/HBK-4H for AC10+ML and GRF-2N/BSW-P1 for SRMs.

Thanks!
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 06 November 2020 - 02:28 PM.

#2 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:04 PM

Frenzy is the best one since it has good defensive stats, ok agility and an abundance of hard points.

Grey Death's problem is that its hardpoints are so restrictive you just can't get a good combination of weapons. I have AC10+MRM30 on mine and its meh.

Sparky is good on paper at first glance, but it has really bad agility and its super large and easy target to shoot for a medium.

#3 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:09 PM

Yeah agreed with the above. I've played all three quite a lot, and the SRM bomber Frenzy is the only one that doesn't feel like a struggle.

I got LBX10, 2xSRM4 and 4xML in the Grey Death I think. Not the worst 'mech ever, but after getting the Frenzy with 8 SRM launchers, there's really no point.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:53 PM

They are all different in what they do 'best' and I would like to know if one is clearly superior to the others.
Frenzy. You're only looking at broad roles, It's not just that, it's how they stack to other mechs trying to fill a given tole. And Frenzy is not just a SRM boat, it is overall good at that role.

Edited by Horseman, 06 November 2020 - 03:54 PM.

#5 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 04:25 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, Frenzy it is then. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 05:43 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 06 November 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

Hello all,

I have enough MC for one of these. They are all different in what they do 'best' and I would like to know if one is clearly superior to the others.

I have medium mechs that kind of do the same thing, i.e. BJ-3/HBK-IIC for energy pop tart, ENF/HBK-4H for AC10+ML and GRF-2N/BSW-P1 for SRMs.

Thanks!
CFC Conky

What about buying the Huntsman "Pakhet"?

Yes, it costs 283 C-Bills more, but I think that "Pakhet" is worth it.

It can carry lasers, missiles and a ballistic weapon just like the "Gray Death", it can boat missiles just like "Frenzy" and you can equip it with more lasers than "Sparky".

Imagine that you buy one of those three 'Mechs and PGI nerfs weapons they use. Not so good.

With "Pakhet", you simply use different OmniPods to reconfigure your OmniMech.

Posted Image

I see that you have moved up a Tier. Congratulations! Posted Image

#7 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:36 AM

Hi Martian,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already have the Pakhet and love it. In any case, I only had 2092MC so it would have been out of reach, until the next event/sale anyway.

Yeah, I'm up one Tier Posted Image , for all it's flaws, I'm finding the new system gives me a better idea of how I'm doing from match to match.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 07 November 2020 - 10:36 AM.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 11:27 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 07 November 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hi Martian,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already have the Pakhet and love it. In any case, I only had 2092MC so it would have been out of reach, until the next event/sale anyway.

Okay, the money is always a factor. I know that. Posted Image

View PostCFC Conky, on 07 November 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm up one Tier Posted Image , for all it's flaws, I'm finding the new system gives me a better idea of how I'm doing from match to match.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Just play your game and have fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users