1 reply to this topic

#1 Fnord Asteroid

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationThe River

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:22 AM

i expected my thumbnails would all need to be touched again to display my sweet custom paint jobs that cost me real money, took about a half hour

i expected i would need to reset my weapon groups but i didn't expect to see a warning screen when i tried to go home, reminding me to save, after i had just saved... curiouser and curiouser

i finally clicked on the damn flashing academy button even though i have logged a couple hours there, i figured its also on account of reinstalling the game, didn't expect to be bothered by a flashing button, yet here it is

i also expected what happened in my first drop (pug life, all day err day) which was a circle jerk in solaris, but i DID half expect the player base to learn.. then i remembered the old navyfield, got sad and broke out the vodka

i really liked how this game used to be played..back in the second year (or was it the first...or third...?), i ranked in the top one hundred during a match score event, and in those days we avoided "the center" like it had [a communicable social disease], cuz it does. And other stuff...

but just like navy field introduced 'midget battles' iirc, that were essentially ugly little points brawls, diddling for the middle seems to be what people want to do even when an alternative, MUCH more enjoyable method of play is available. I dont get it...

fights take too long? games not for you
too hard? not for you

but the bottom line mentality overrides the common sense idea of catering to a specific (and usually moneyed) clientele and getting fookin PAID instead of struggling from quarter to quarter always needing to show some boss your 'progress' and all you can show is a gradual DECLINE, and my returning experience shows how little polish there is in this game, how the pug player base (who I imagine at this point is footing the bill) is left to fend for themselves in a complex military strategy game... i could go on but the vodka is kickin in pretty hard... pfff 'progress'

i got some 'progress' they can look at

p.s. was lookin forward to returning to mech warrior for the holiday season, not as stoked now. Kinda dreading the next drop. Tired of the midget fights again already

<SHOT>

i also don't really expect anyone to care what i have said here, or to offer anything useful by way of criticism or encouragement

this **** is depressing, i'm out gonna go drop drunk

(edited to correct a couple drunken errors)

Edited by ChromeDaedalus, 08 November 2020 - 10:53 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:30 PM

vodka is standard issue equipment in this game these days. and legalization of marijuana in lots of places helps as well.

these days im just waiting for an event to pay mc so i can play pokemechs some more. i wonder if i can get to 400 variants before the game goes tango uniform. 89 to go.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 November 2020 - 02:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users