Question Help Me

8 replies to this topic

#1 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:18 PM

Way back when I seem to remember you could change the HUD resolution in video settings.

When I speak of the HUD I am referring to the resolution of the instruments, size of the cockpit frames and the font size of the information on the instruments. And if memory serves me the changing of the size of the HUD did not effect the game world, only the HUD and Font size.

Is that some thing that can be done, or is that a graphics card resolution adjustment?

Thank you

FEK315...OUT!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:38 AM

View PostFEK315, on 07 November 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

Way back when I seem to remember you could change the HUD resolution in video settings.

When I speak of the HUD I am referring to the resolution of the instruments, size of the cockpit frames and the font size of the information on the instruments. And if memory serves me the changing of the size of the HUD did not effect the game world, only the HUD and Font size.

Is that some thing that can be done, or is that a graphics card resolution adjustment?

Thank you

FEK315...OUT!

Well, the change of the font size is not in the game settings.

#3 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:59 AM

It seems that more of the cockpit is viewable with the one setting that increases the viewing angle. Can't remember the name... It's in video, and default is 60... I leave it about 75.

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 12:18 PM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 08 November 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

It seems that more of the cockpit is viewable with the one setting that increases the viewing angle. Can't remember the name... It's in video, and default is 60... I leave it about 75.

This setting changes what part of the cockpit you can see, but the font size of the HUD is still the same.

#5 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 07:44 PM

So do you think maybe my graphics card was at a different ratio setting? I just feel like I the hud was much smaller and I could see more of what was going on in the battle in the past.

I did also change the FOV which gave a little dimension to the cockpit, thank you for the tip.

One other thing is it seems my cockpit window is not centered on the monitor and even in the mechlab I can move my mouse off screen to the right maybe a quarter inch, to where it disappears.

#6 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:42 AM

View PostFEK315, on 08 November 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

One other thing is it seems my cockpit window is not centered on the monitor and even in the mechlab I can move my mouse off screen to the right maybe a quarter inch, to where it disappears.

This seems extremely strange. Are you sure your in-game resolution is set at the maximum your monitor allows.

Using windowed fullscreen instead of full fullscreen may also be nice.

#7 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:55 AM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 08 November 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

You mean Fov? Field of View

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:17 PM

View PostFEK315, on 08 November 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

Sounds like you need to hit the auto resize button on your monitor while in game, might be playing in a different resolution, or if in windowed mode, it's shifted off screen slightly.

In 8 years, I've never known of a setting to change the HUD resolution or font size. It's always been fixed, though the zoom level on the minimap changed at one point, and the grid size changed.

#9 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 05:59 PM

@Gagis: I am not sure I will check. Thank you

@MightySpike: Yes. I have been playing with the FOV and found a good setting.

@TheCaptainJZ: I will try a Auto resize, Posted Image Thank you.

Oh boy I am about to age myself...I think I started playing seriously in 1999, with Mercenary's and the Mercs Mods.
Some where along this loooong war torn, battle fatigued history, I distinctly remember piloting my Chimera, ( I think it was a T-Bolt missile, one Med laser, one SM Laser and almost no armor) and needed all the help I could get. So I attempted to change my hud resolution and was able to change it some how. I am not sure if it was in the game or my graphics card or both.
Anyway that was then and this is now. So I thank you again for all your help.

Oh, and on a side note, I started playing with MW2, and that was OMG before OMG became a thing, which is not really a thing any more...as I date myself again.

Maybe telling you that I piloted just a Chimera with a sidewinder joysitck for 8 months straight gives you a little insight to how much I love this game.

Thank you so much for your help all. This is the best community !!!

FEK315...out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users