Laser Reflective Armor

2 replies to this topic

#1 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 12:51 PM

In tabletop this was a type of armor that reduces energy weapon damage by 50%.
I believe it also had increased damage from ballistics and artillery strikes.

However it may be implemented, please consider it.

It has balance implications including reducing effectiveness of many lights and laserboat mechs that don't have alernative hardpoints. It will increase armor effectiveness against laserboats, so possibly favored by heavier mechs and laserboats that want to win 1:1 with other laserboats.

I'm sure there's more balance implications.

It would be an optional upgrade for c-bills.

#2 MechanicalWraith

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

They managed to add light-FF and stealth armor with the last big update, so this and other armor types shouldn't be too hard, nothing much is lost/broken by their addition, however this is PGI so I'm not optimistic.

#3 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 02:36 AM

in TT it was a 50% reduction with no change to how it handled ballistic or explosive damage. There was then ballistic reinforced armor that was the inverse.

from gameplay adding just one would make energy weapons by far the worst system to ever use in the game and almost require you to run reflective armor. Adding both would require you to use ballistic and heavily nerf ballistic and missile weapons. (it will always be better to have 50% reduction from missiles and ballistic rather than just energy.)

Likewise you will almost never be able to justify FF as it's wait saving would not be justifiable when you would be effectively cutting your armor value in half against particular weapons.

Lore wise only a handful of clans had access to reflective armor by the timeline MWO is currently in and no one had ballistic until after 3100 along with the rest of the factions gaining access to reflective.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users