Need An Adrenaline Rush? Try A Locust!

3 replies to this topic

#1 CJ Davion

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:08 AM

So I just picked up a Pirate's Bane, and am working on skilling it up, and I have to say, while I've had some decent matches, and some not as decent matches, considering that my main two mechs before this had been my Marauder and Atlas, well...

Hot DAMN but if I try to play any matches in this thing before bed, I'm way too wired to sleep.

Still need to work on my aim at high speeds, but seriously. So much fun. And it's nice to be the stealthy pest for a change, instead of always trying to keep them off my back armor. Posted Image

#2 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:04 AM

Grab a fle20 and you get an even smaller stealth mech with near the same speed but with the option of masc to have insane burst speed.

Whats your loadout on the pirates bane? The stock fit is pretty good and allows you to simply switch to stealth armor with no other changes. With a bit of head armor removal and dropping half a ton of mg ammo you can drop two smalls and replace them with mediums to get some ranged flanking ability. You can also drop the mg and ammo and fit in 4x meds which make it a great hit n run mech and flanker if you want to keep some range when you fight in it. The high mounts mean you only expose a tiny sliver to the enemy and if they didn't see your lasers you don't even have to move as they won't notice you.

I pretty much only play these two mechs anymore as they are super fun and flexible and can dish out surprising damage over time especially with two well placed max bonus strikes.

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:03 AM

FLE-17 and LCT-1E are better than the stealth versions due to their considerably higher damage output. I recommend giving them a go once you hit the upper tiers where people know to look for stealth mechs without relying on targeting reticles.

Edited by Gagis, 22 November 2020 - 09:03 AM.

#4 CJ Davion

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:59 PM

I was working on an ERSL+LMG build, but then realized with some shaving of armor off the head and arms I could go SL+HMG, which is what I'm running now. I like that I have the space to keep the base build intact and just toy around with different weapons loadouts at this point, mainly changing my ranges of engagement.

A long way to go to get a proper skill build though. Working on speed tweak at the moment, since speed = life feels like my most important equation.

And I bought all the Locusts except for the 1E(C), since I don't really care about the exp boost, vs the extra MC cost, so I look forward to getting to know them all.

Stealth version seems like a good way to break into the play-style though as I practice aiming and run and gun stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users