Dumb Match

17 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 04:24 AM

Tourmaline, Gagis was with me that one match.

Team pushed through death valley and immediately got out. Enemy trying to eat our tail, also went death valley.

We nascared around death valley instead of defending the death valley from above, where we had an advantage.

These are the teams right now lol?

#2 Hattifnatten

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:34 AM

I had even dumber match on Caustic. Assault, we nascared, they nascared, we capped their base, they capped ours, we won, 0 mechs were destroyed. That was hilarious and obnoxious at the same time.

#3 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,701 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:43 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 24 November 2020 - 04:24 AM, said:

Tourmaline, Gagis was with me that one match.

Team pushed through death valley and immediately got out. Enemy trying to eat our tail, also went death valley.

We nascared around death valley instead of defending the death valley from above, where we had an advantage.

These are the teams right now lol?

Not just now. It has always been so and always will be.

View PostHattifnatten, on 24 November 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

I had even dumber match on Caustic. Assault, we nascared, they nascared, we capped their base, they capped ours, we won, 0 mechs were destroyed. That was hilarious and obnoxious at the same time.

That's not dumb. From some time to time people appear on this forum and argue how playing objectives (i.e. standing motionless in an empty square or empty circle) in MWO is fun.

So you played the objectives.

I can tell you that it was exactly the same in 2013. At least you can observe the progress of MWO development as managed by Russ Bullock and PGI.

#4 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:16 AM

To repeat something I'e said before, sometimes you win in Assault or Domination modes because the other team isn't playing the objective. It can be frustrating, yeah, but it can also be hilarious.

Edited by Lanzman, 24 November 2020 - 07:17 AM.

#5 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:21 AM

Hpg Manifold:
One team is running in circles around the platform (the typical Nascar experience)...

meanwhile the other team is on the top of the platform and shooting from above..., GG

Ridiculous Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:30 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 24 November 2020 - 08:21 AM, said:

Hpg Manifold:
One team is running in circles around the platform (the typical Nascar experience)...

meanwhile the other team is on the top of the platform and shooting from above..., GG

Ridiculous Posted Image Posted Image

I think one of my highest damage records of all time was on Canyon doing just that. Our team stopped and sat one of the ridges around the map, might have been D5, and just held our triggers down as the enemy team chased their own tail around the center. They couldn't shoot back at us since we were not on the racetrack and shooting outside the track is impossible.

12-0

#7 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:53 AM

QP was always supposed to be the last phase of the tutorial.

I'm glad it's working as intended.

#8 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:02 AM

View PostNightbird, on 24 November 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

QP was always supposed to be the last phase of the tutorial.

I'm glad it's working as intended.

You think we could continue our careers as Nascar Drivers? We just need to be Poor and Stupid.

#9 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:09 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 24 November 2020 - 09:02 AM, said:

You think we could continue our careers as Nascar Drivers? We just need to be Poor and Stupid.

No, when you graduate from the tutorial, you stop Nascaring. There is no Nascar in FP or Comp...

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:46 AM

on the more ridiculous nascar scenarios i like to call out the laps.

#11 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:38 AM

Wow you had a dumb match in qp?!?

#12 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:43 AM

I had 3 matches last night were we had 0 assaults and they had 4-7,and our team still nascared. Two were back to back >_<

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,701 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:53 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 24 November 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

I had 3 matches last night were we had 0 assaults and they had 4-7,and our team still nascared. Two were back to back >_<

And now imagine PGI switching to the subscription model for MWO. Would you pay monthly fees for such "fun"?

#14 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:19 PM

View Postmartian, on 24 November 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

And now imagine PGI switching to the subscription model for MWO. Would you pay monthly fees for such "fun"?

I've had plenty of unbalanced matches that we've won. The Nascar is the bigger problem. If spawns and map incentives can be fixed to decrease it, that'd go a long way.

#15 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:47 PM

View PostHattifnatten, on 24 November 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

Such things happened since there is Assault...

#16 Hattifnatten

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:11 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 24 November 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

Such things happened since there is Assault...

Well, I'm a new guy in MWO and to me such thing was fresh and ridiculous. Its like winning a game in Battlefield without killing anyone Posted Image

Edited by Hattifnatten, 24 November 2020 - 06:11 PM.

#17 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:33 PM

Full Daka on out team among assaults, some brawl builds. Polaris mid you... Figured in the beginning, it was going to be loosing due to LRM'ed to death... Not the case at all... We pushed, we pushed together, used teamwork to keep pushing, and knocked everything down. Lost something like 3 mechs.. Great game, when I was expecting the worst...

#18 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:05 AM

View PostHattifnatten, on 24 November 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

Well, I'm a new guy in MWO and to me such thing was fresh and ridiculous. Its like winning a game in Battlefield without killing anyone Posted Image

That is, why "Assault" at times became a "Turret Mode" - to drive lone cappers away.

When the whole OpFor-Team does it, probably it contained Assault-Mechs, then the scouting sucked bcs with scouting you would have had plenty of time to provoke a fight.

But then in QP at this point in the Lifetime of MWO its unlikely that scouting happens bcs leaving the Deathball is to dangerous even for some of the fastest Mechs in game.

**** happens...

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 November 2020 - 01:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users