Battle Royale Solaris

20 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:20 PM

Remember MW4 Solaris?

Map was kinda big, jungle was diverse, and you were up against different mechs all at once. **** that Vulture (Mad Dog) with Thunderbolt Arrows.

And then right now at MWO, it' just a 2v2 and 1v1, further divided by 7 divisions. The 7 Divisions thing doesn't make sense, that is 7 more buckets which further increase matchmaking time.

The matches even, you could pair different classes of mechs. And while it is possible, it is quite frustrating to fight quick mediums versus a slow assaults. That is not to say it's impossible, even MW4 had mixed-classes, the championships and the grand-championships, were glorious.

I can understand that certain players can agree to gang-up until they were the last people standing, hell even in MW4 that's a rare instance. But MW4 Solaris was glorious, MWO solaris is meh, and it's dead because its meh.

tl;dr
- remove divisions
- put buckets of just 4, separating matches by classes
- make a free-for-all instead.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:58 PM

I'd like to see them run individual division events to focus the buckets.

Week 1 - Division 1 event
Week 2 - Division 2 event
Week 3 - Division 3 event
Week 4 - Division 4 event
etc.

Run the events over long weekends (Fri->Mon to give all time zones a chance).

Focusing all the Solaris players in one bucket rather than spreading them across 7 has got to produce more games.

#3 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:34 PM

for me ,im hate all the narcistic Arena Fights in MW4 and im hate Arenafights in all Variants, So im nothing play BR in CoD Warzone,the Perma death and Gulag System is for me Horrible ,im love combined Warfare Athmosphere like battlefield games, one of the Aspects Thats im missed since 7 Years by MWO

#4 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:12 PM

Better to distinguish between the difference of Battle Royale vs. Free For All.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:44 PM

mwll did it best. i miss spawning and heading toward the repair bay, find 2 mechs battling out over who gets yo use it. i come in there and gank both of them, get in the bay and then get headshotted by battlearmor with a manpack ppc. chaos is fun.

#6 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:51 PM

It is apparently developmentally impossible to get around the two team structure implemented for all matches. Even S7 1v1 is two teams of one player each. Hilarious, I know.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:07 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 24 November 2020 - 09:51 PM, said:

It is apparently developmentally impossible to get around the two team structure implemented for all matches. Even S7 1v1 is two teams of one player each. Hilarious, I know.

thats just the coolaid they want you to drink. they just dont want to do the work.

#8 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:49 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 November 2020 - 10:07 PM, said:

thats just the coolaid they want you to drink. they just dont want to do the work.

Yeah I would say that the fact they haven't changed game code in years, haven't added content in years, and aren't even going to start discussing any possible changes until next year implies very heavily 1) they sacked every person who could code several years ago and 2) they are trying to hire new people and may be able to get someone in next year.

#9 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:56 PM

Battle Royale with elementals (battle armor) would be cool

#10 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:39 AM

I personally would like to have 4v4 matches added to solaris, both the 4v4 and the 2v2 in quickplay mode to make it easier to find matches.

Probably with condensed buckets to support the actual low population.

#11 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:56 AM

View PostAbsaint, on 25 November 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

I personally would like to have 4v4 matches added to solaris, both the 4v4 and the 2v2 in quickplay mode to make it easier to find matches.

Solaris- even if I wanted to play the mode- is easily the most unintuitive user interface I have ever seen. It took me an hour of fumbling around the first time to work out that I was actually doing queues, there just wasn't anyone else playing.

The divisions, whilst I understand why, make no sense to a beginner. A simple interface to see who is queued up in what, what mechs you have that can play, and get rid of that sponsor thing would be a start.

Even then, I would never touch it. No interest in getting my arse handed to me by Solaris min-maxers way better than me constantly.

#12 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:53 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 24 November 2020 - 10:49 PM, said:

Yeah I would say that the fact they haven't changed game code in years, haven't added content in years, and aren't even going to start discussing any possible changes until next year implies very heavily 1) they sacked every person who could code several years ago and 2) they are trying to hire new people and may be able to get someone in next year.

Not really ...The Peoples leaves the Party for better conditions(Relic/Amazon) better Future with a Company and while the Staffs have to many unrealistic Dreams (Transverse Disaster exodus/and after it ...you new and now after it fix the old Spaghetti Code and make next by 3 other projects)

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 25 November 2020 - 02:53 AM.

#13 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:59 AM

Having up to 8 mechs in an Octagon can be fun. The only problem is that if the population is low, friends might just gang up on others.

#14 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:51 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 24 November 2020 - 09:51 PM, said:

I have suspected this for a long time, that the 2 team dynamic is hardcoded in their lostech engine. Do you have a source for this though, or is it just your conclusion?

#15 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:37 AM

I remember this was an official statement not too long ago, but I don't have a link.

#16 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:39 AM

View PostDakkalistic, on 25 November 2020 - 03:51 AM, said:

I have suspected this for a long time, that the 2 team dynamic is hardcoded in their lostech engine. Do you have a source for this though, or is it just your conclusion?

I read from somewhere that someone had said that they had said it was something they couldn't change.

#17 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:53 AM

Would be nice if they could force players to drop in a single mech/config as a novelty event.

Mad Dog Mondays!
Warhammer Wednesdays!
Flea Fridays!
Urbie Derby Sundays!

You know you want it.

#18 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:22 AM

How about a "hunger games" free-for-all mode for Solaris 7 ?
:)

#19 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:00 AM

Even better - Scrap S7 and plough development money into the game proper. Too much has been wasted to date on a lame duck.

Would love to see PGI's definitive stats on S7 participation v CW/QP numbers, that way it could be clear where the money was best spent!

#20 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 November 2020 - 03:25 AM

the Limitations from the engine is a Old Theme ...and Karl Berg and his Crew is gone

https://mwomercs.com...engine-mwo-use/

https://mwomercs.com...ne-limitations/

here old Technical Treads from Karl to technical Problems

https://mwomercs.com...courtesy-phone/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users